Photo

Pale Faces Unite! Need Make-up for Pale Skin!!! Help!

make-up foundation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
55 replies to this topic

#1 goodgirl101

goodgirl101

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 January 2007 - 04:52 PM

All right, it's time to dish! All you pale complexioned beauties, what make-up do you use?

I have searched high and low for the perfect make-up and every few years I renew the search... but I'm telling you, no drugstore brand and very few dept. store brands can EVER match my skin tone. Either too yellow or too orange or just plain old too dark.

Right now, I use prescriptives oil-free matte liquid foundation in fresh camellia. It's a great match, and the closest I've ever come. BUT it doesn't stay on. 1/2 way thru the day it's gone. or less. I've been interested in trying minerals... i tried one brand a few years back, but they couldn't match my skin tone and I've been checking out a lot of the mineral websites and everything looks way too orange or yellow for moi. also, i have comb. skin and get a lot of dry patches (especially w/all this bp) so I'm afraid the minerals will cling to the flakey parts.

So, if you've got experience, DISH!

xoxo
gg
~very, very GOOD girl (101)

#2 messynessie

messynessie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 29 January 2007 - 05:55 PM

i use bare escentuals in "fair," it's their lightest foundation color.
i also use revlon colorstay in "buff," their second to lightest foundation color.
both of those have been great to me.

i know mac and shiseido make great choices for fair skin in good formulations.

but if you think it's hard to find good choices for fair skin, try being a woman of color! it's almost impossible...

#3 EvaHonestly

EvaHonestly

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:13 PM

Revlon Colorstay in the lightest color is only a tad too dark. lol.gif
Experience_The_Pat: my brother called me when i was really tired one time
Experience_The_Pat: and i was like "hey what's up? not much"
Experience_The_Pat: needless to say there was massive confusion

#4 Siouxsie

Siouxsie

Ice Queen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:34 PM

If you like MMU or are open to trying it I find that most brands run pretty light; they go on lighter than they look in the jar. I normally wear the 2nd lightest shade in most liquid foundations, but in MMU I tend to need a darker shade. Meow Cosmetics' lightest shades are very, very light; almost white with just a hint of whatever tone it is. I am considered fair by most & I need their 3rd darkest color in my skin tone & even that is too pale until it sinks in a bit.

Nature of the Beast: Moderate, inflammatory, several cysts, large pores & very oily
Current Status: Very mild overall, with some red marks & mild "bumpiness" on chin (possible scarring).
Use: Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Facial Cleanser or Acne.org Cleanser / Acne.org 2.5% BP day & night / Acne.org Moisturizer for day / DHC Cleansing Oil or Neutrogena Towlettes to remove makeup at night / Oil of Olay Regenerist Night Creme at night

Makeup: Stila Stay All Day Foundation in Light 2 or Beige 3. Cover FX compact powder in 10.

-----

"People understand me so little that they do not even understand when I complain of being misunderstood." - Søren Kierkegaard

#5 spottiedottie

spottiedottie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:40 PM

I've had good results with Everyday Minerals powder foundation in "fair" and "golden fair" - they are butt pale smile.gif I'm 1/2 white and 1/2 asian. Sometimes my skin needs a more white-pale (fair) and sometimes I like a warmer shade (golden fair). I can really go either way though.

For me, even the lightest shade of powder foundation from Bare Minerals/Bare Escentuals/I.D. whatever whatever is too dark and orangey.

I ordered some powder foundation samples from Aromaleigh, but the makeup was so chalky and scratchy it's useless.

SKINCARE
Cleanse: ZUM goat's milk soap
Moisturize: La Roche Posay Toleriane Riche for most of the face, and La Roche Posay Lipikar Baume for the extra dry-area around the mouth and all-over body.
Cosmetics: Avoid makeup if possible.
If that's not possible, use Pop-Up blush gel stick and Sue Devitt Studio pressed powder.

DIET
Indulge: fruit, vegetables, fish, olive oil
Limit: unprocessed starchy carbohydrates & whole grains
Avoid: fried/greasy foods, refined sugar, refined grains, synthetic anything, alcohol

SUPPLEMENTS
Zinc 100mg/day, Pantothenic Acid 1g/day, Calcium, Omega 3 (EPR and Fish), Milk Thistle, Vitamin E 1000iu.

MEDICATION
Accutane (Sotret) 20mg/day 1st month, 40mg/day 2nd month, 60mg/day 3rd month, 80mg/day 4th month @ approx. 5'5"/100lbs
Gallery

#6 Kallia

Kallia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:45 PM

I use Ocean Mist's Porcelain or Bare in the winter and in the summer, Linen or Petal... Depending on how I feel wink.gif

#7 kanmi

kanmi

Twilight

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:04 PM

I used to use Cover Girl Simply Powder in 505 Ivory and it was the best make up I ever used. I miss it so much.

Now I stick to minerals which don't cover as well but i'm sure they're better for my skin so I stick with them. I use Everyday minerals in Sandy fair.

#8 Mandy Ann

Mandy Ann

Dick Laurent is Dead....

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 67
About Me

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:35 PM

im so pale, my nickname used to be "see through" back in middle school lol.gif ... I use physicians formula mineral loose powder in the lightest shade and it works perfect!

[sig-img:132]

Mandy's regimen
Finacea
Aspirin Masks often
Controlling Insulin Levels
Lots of supplements

my story
Feel free to visit my accutane log.

#9 CherryBunny3

CherryBunny3

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:18 PM

Almay clearing blemishes make up line , stays on all day , controls shine and covers very well

From MMU , try AubreyNicole mineral make up , covers redmarks and acne , looks natural and lasts all day. Thats what iam using lately , loving it.

Girls
are like apples
on trees. The best ones
are at the top of the tree.
The boys don't want to reach
for the good ones because they
are afraid of falling and getting hurt.
Instead, they just get the rotten apples
from the ground that aren't as good,
but easy. So the apples at the top think
something is wrong with them, when in
reality, they're amazing. They just
have to wait for the right boy to
come along, the one who's
brave enough to
climb all
the way
to the top
of the tree.

#10 RoxyHart

RoxyHart

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE(Hi i @ Jan 29 2007, 07:35 PM) View Post
im so pale, my nickname used to be "see through" back in middle school lol.gif ... I use physicians formula mineral loose powder in the lightest shade and it works perfect!

Ditto. I use that shade as well and its still a liiiitttlllleee dark, but looks great overall.
Skin status: On my first month of my second course of accutane. Still breaking out, but acne is drying up.
Skin Care: origins clean energy oil cleanser, aubrey organics vegecol toner, olay complete moisterizer, jojoba oil

#11 Dirge

Dirge

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:40 PM

Whoa, it's weird to see that I'm not the palest person in here. xD

I have had to throw away SO many bottles of cosmetic because their lightest shade was too dark. It'd turn me orange, most of the time, or just pink, and I'd have that "mask" look; you know: no matter how hard you try to blend it in, you still look like you're wearing an orange mask and your neck is uber-starkly pale?

I like CoverGirl TruBlend in their LIGHTEST shade. It's just about pale enough for me. I can't wear Maybelline. Too dark. Same with Neutrogena. And a ton of other brands...not a chance. But TruBlend is light, and supposedly matches 97% of skin tones.

It also claims to be non-comedogenic, but some of their ingredients may be harsh. I'm not sure. I just bought it. xD

#12 shortyblitz

shortyblitz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE(goodgirl101 @ Jan 29 2007, 10:52 PM) View Post
I've been checking out a lot of the mineral websites and everything looks way too orange or yellow for moi. also, i have comb. skin and get a lot of dry patches (especially w/all this bp) so I'm afraid the minerals will cling to the flakey parts.

I've been using barefaced beauty mineral powder products, and I was having alot of problems with foundation on my combo skin...I get really bad dry patches especially during the winter but I mix my mineral powder with my chosen moisturizer to make a liquid foundation which works perfectly on my skin.
spots.....cos I'm worth it!

#13 lilpuss

lilpuss

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:12 AM

I use the lightest MMU and its still too dark for me.

I am very pale, lol.

If you're as pale as me (i.e. basically white) then I think most foundations (that offer high coverage, which I assume you'll need if you have acne) will always be a tad too dark.

Tell me if you manage to find a good pale pale foundation though, lol
Omega 3
Dianette birth control

Baby brush method
Boots Expert Sensitive Cleanser
BP 2.5% spot treat
Boots Expert Sensitive Moisturiser

80% clear

#14 Rikke

Rikke

As little as possible. Experimenting with hoof mineral blend for

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:32 AM

As Siouxcat said, Meow makes an almost white foundation with different undertones.

I think you should be able to finde something there wink.gif
www.meowcosmetics.com
A quitter never wins and a winner never quits...

#15 goodgirl101

goodgirl101

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2007 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE(EvaHonestly @ Jan 29 2007, 07:13 PM) View Post
Revlon Colorstay in the lightest color is only a tad too dark. lol.gif

totally agree, eva!

#16 goodgirl101

goodgirl101

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2007 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE(Hi i @ Jan 29 2007, 08:35 PM) View Post

they used to call me "ghost!" i totally relate. smile.gif

#17 goodgirl101

goodgirl101

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2007 - 01:27 PM

HEY EVERYONE, THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR ADVICE! I'LL CONTINUE TO POST IN HERE AS I TRY SOME OF THE MMUs... I'll start w/physicians since it's so readily available and maybe order some BE because they have free samples. here goes!

QUOTE(lilpuss @ Jan 30 2007, 09:12 AM) View Post
I use the lightest MMU and its still too dark for me.

I am very pale, lol.

If you're as pale as me (i.e. basically white) then I think most foundations (that offer high coverage, which I assume you'll need if you have acne) will always be a tad too dark.

Tell me if you manage to find a good pale pale foundation though, lol

As for you, Miss Lilpuss, the BEST i've personally found and I am whitest white is at Prescriptives. AND if they DON'T have the perfect color, some stores will CUSTOM COLOR one for you... so, don't fret! Also, Natural Origins makes and absolutely white cover stick. I use that too. I mean, it's literally white. and then I dot a little regular concealer over it.

Good luck!

#18 lilpuss

lilpuss

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 January 2007 - 09:27 AM

^ Thanks for that biggrin.gif I'll definately check that out... I've been looking at Prescriptives stuff for a while, but never took the plunge to buy it for some reason, lol.

I'm glad I'm not the only Karen Elsen skin-a-like here biggrin.gif
Omega 3
Dianette birth control

Baby brush method
Boots Expert Sensitive Cleanser
BP 2.5% spot treat
Boots Expert Sensitive Moisturiser

80% clear

#19 beentheredonethat

beentheredonethat

Ribbit!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 January 2007 - 09:51 AM

The best color match i ever got was with Shiseido, but i have warm toned pale skin. Other brands are always too pink on me. Sounds like you might be the opposite.
Currently - all clear!
Maintaining my last Accutane course (10/05-04/06) click here for log
Yasmin on Seasonale schedule
Green Cream lvl 6
Shiseido White Lucent system
(cleanser, and SPF 16 moisturizer (no way, SPF that doesn't sting!?))

#20 ~ Dee

~ Dee

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 January 2007 - 10:01 AM

Joey of New York Pure Pores Hide and Heal. In light, or natural, either works and I'm waaaaayy pale. It runs about fifteen bucks.
It's not quite a liquid, thicker and more porous.
It hides anything for me, even after I stupidly picked.... Though blending skills are important.
... for doubt and secrecy are the lure of lures, and no new horror can be more terrible than the daily torture of the commonplace. - H.P. Lovecraft
"You people are a bunch of fickle mushheads!" -Mayor Quimby