Photo

What's working for me - at last!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 Alana

Alana

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 January 2007 - 03:58 PM

Hi

I just thought I'd share my bit of story for anyone who's interested! I’m 24, female, never had a single problem with my skin until I was about 20, then I started getting nodules around my jaw line.. and papules and pustules elsewhere.

Went to the doc's, he told me to wash properly.....HA! what a joke, I was washing at least 5 times a day at this point. He then suggested I was my bed sheets in boiling water, which didn't stop my acne but did make all my clothes shrink! So I changed doc's after realising he was completely USELESS! eusa_wall.gif

My 2nd doc suggested the pill - didn’t work either, just piled on a lot of weight. The last 12 months my face was getting even worse very painful nodules all under my chin and both sides of my face. Doc then suggested my keyboard was to blame, she said it was full of 'spot causing bacteria' and I was touching my face too much, which I probably did without noticing. So I got rid of my desk, keyboard and mouse and got new ones...guess what, no change! By now I was a total hermit, I think it's about 2 weeks since I left the house, lucky for me I work from home!

Then I got totally obsessed with cleaning everywhere with Detol, a strong anti-bacterial cleaner. Its stinks like a hospital. I started putting Detol on my face, undiluted, left me with burns and no improvement. Then I tried creams containing BP, but this really does not agree with my skin, makes it go red and blotchy and really dry.

A couple of weeks ago I registered on eBay, just out of interest I did a search for acne cream, I found this Chinese herb shop selling a lotion called 101e acne getaway. The sales spin sounded quite impressive - all natural ingredients, no side effects, moisturises skin and works on nodules and cysts - clear skin in 7 days. I was a bit suspicious, if it was so good how come I’d never seen it before?

Anyway the bottle arrived so I gave it a go, this stuff stinks and is a brownish colour, really repels my boy'f too ha-ha. The first application I noticed less pain in the nodules, it was really soothing. After 7 days, much improvement, I did get a new spot but just the one. Now 2 weeks later and my face is completeley clear besides some healing, I can't beleive after everything I have tried, this has actually worked! I didnt think it would, so crossing my fingers it stays this way.

So I have finally found something that works for me eusa_dance.gif I would reccommend this stuff highly, besides the stink it's great. If anyone else tries it please let me know if you get the same results. biggrin.gif

#2 manofperfection

manofperfection

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2007 - 09:01 PM

hey alana thanks for sharing could yoiu show the link for this stuff. i might be intrested in it

#3 son of ham

son of ham

Explosive memberrhea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2007 - 09:14 PM

Congrats on your success Alana! With any luck, the lotion will permanently cure your acne.

It always amazes me how natural treatments can often outweigh dozens of chemicals.
Your favorite band sucks.

#4 jm123

jm123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2007 - 10:03 PM

Just read up about it. It sounds very impressive, and it was developed by a dermatologist, not a money grabbing company, which sounds good. And then derm sounds like one of the worlds most famous. Wish I could get some of it, but it looks like its only available over the net sad.gif

#5 Alana

Alana

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2007 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE(manofperfection @ Feb 2 2007, 09:01 PM) View Post
hey alana thanks for sharing could yoiu show the link for this stuff. i might be intrested in it

This is the site of the company that developed the lotion:

101 Corporation Web Site

It has some interesting info on there too, they seem to know what they are talking about, which makes a nice change!

I have been using it for a month now and im amazed it's working so well, it's keeping my face clear of any new arrivals so far and does not dry my skin.

I was in 2 minds weather of not to post about it, I'm sure there are millions of 'try this it really works' posts but it really is working very well, it may not be the same for everyone but it's worth a try, I have tried pretty much everything else I can get my hands on in the past with no success.

jm123 I don't think it is available in shops, I have never seen it before anyway.

The link was not working earlier so I have copied some info below from the site for anyone who wants to have a read.

Alana wavey.gif

Developed by the world-famous dermatologist, Dr. Z. G. Zhao, award-winning 101E Acne Getaway® is the world's most effective treatment for acne. Within hours of use, you will notice visibly reduced redness and irritation, and its enhanced bacteria-killing properties help prevent your acne from coming back. Within several weeks, you will also see a reduction of small spidery blood vessels.

Dr. Zhao started his dermatology research in the early 1970s. 101 product series was so successful he was considered to be the world's leading dermatologist. Over the past years, Dr. Zhao and his fellow scientists have been working on acne vulgaris, acne rosacea and seborrhei dermatitis, and introduced their new product for acne called 101E Acne Getaway® in 1991.

101E Acne Getaway® is an optimized mixture of compounds extracted from medicinal plants. In order to maximize the efficacy, these compounds are isolated using proprietary technologies such that their native molecular structures remain intact.

This all natural product is 100% safe, made from the following medicinal plants:

> Radix gentianae

> Herba drymaria cordata

> Cortex dictamni radicis

> Fructus kochiae

> Herba menthae

> Cortex mori radicis

> Radix ledebouriellae

> Radix Angelicae dahuricae

> Rhizoma dryopteris crassirhizomae and

> Herba speranskia tuberculata

101E Acne Getaway® battles blemishes with a hydrolytic action. It hydrolyze and drains the pores, thus preventing new pimples from forming. Unlike most adult acne medications, which leave the skin dry and irritated, 101E Acne Getaway® contains an anti-bacterial agent that moisturizes the skin while fighting bacteria.

#6 AutonomousOne1980

AutonomousOne1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2007 - 10:54 PM

so yea, i looked at the site and it claims to hydrolyze the pore to drain it, and that makes no sense whatsoever.

hydrolysis
a chemical process of decomposition involving the splitting of a bond and the addition of the hydrogen cation and the hydroxide anion of water

I dont understand how hydrolysis drains the pore.

Ive read hundreds of scientific studies on acne, this makes no sense whatsoever.

sounds like b.s. to me.

but go ahead and and take a chance if you want to be a dumsky.

this site looks like garbage too, i would never give my account number to this site.
#1.critical nutritional issues- b12(three forms exist), Calcium(yogurt, cheese or calcium phosphate supps) and vitamin d(sun or supps not to exceed 1000 iu). heme iron-most absorbable from meat only, clams are high. these are the most difficult vitamins to get and absorb. All others or about the same in difficulty in absorption. MAgnesium in our food supply is generally low as well, try natural calm supps.
#2 Fats- monounsaturated should dominate(olives), followed by polyunsaturated plant sources(nuts) but not if you have acne. the health benefits of fish oil and fish are controversial and i dont consume them due to mercury contamination and immune supression avoid processed fats if possible.
#3 Protein/amino acids- dairy and eggs best sources for tryptophan and methionine which convert to powerful antioxidants melatonin and glutathione.
#4 Carotenoids- alpha- beta carotene, beta cryptoxanthin, lutein zeaxanthin, astaxanthin. these are vital to human nutrition, carrots, butternut squash, pumpkin, chili pepper and cayenne pepper are the best sources.
#5 Regularity-BM at least once a day, Moist, large stools, 1 piece ideal, no maldigestion, no floating stools indicative of maldigested fat. HOW- insoluble fiber- wheat and cooked vegetables. soluble fiber-oats/ good bacteria ferment soluble fiber making short chain fatty acids that inhibit pathogens.
#6 Circadian cycles-Light, get up with the sun, and expose your entire body to it. darkness-melatonin is released upon the sensing of absolute darkness. sleep in a pitch black room, try to ensure 10 hours total darkness, wear sunglasses before bed. do not eat too late at night.
#7 Desirable physiological states(positive moods/emotions) do precisely what you like and what feels good to you, but not regardless of consequences, just from a perspective that, you own your life, and can determine precisely what you do with it and need not answer or ask of permission from anyone,achieving maximum autonomy and self government.

#7 Alana

Alana

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2007 - 01:04 AM

Thanks for your input, you'll have a job giving them your account number though as you can only order through distributors, all of which are SSL-enabled. As for the site looking like ‘garbage’ I guess they work more in dermatology than web design. shrug.gif

I didn’t come here to say 'HEY I FOUND A CURE FOR ACNE!' I’m just sharing something that has worked for me personally and if someone else finds it works for them too then it's worthwhile. If it was B.S I wouldn’t waste my time or anyone else’s writing about it, weather you take it or leave it, is up to you. Like I said, I was sceptical at first but it’s working very well for me, sure it may not work for everyone but it’s the only thing I have tried which has had any substantial effect. I may not be up on all the scientific terms but I can see the results in the mirror proud.gif

Alana

#8 Oddball

Oddball

Can't Kill Integrity.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2007 - 07:34 AM

I have to agree with AutonomousOne, it looks like snake oil to me, so I won't be buying any.
If it seems to be working for you though, great!
Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is a second of your life wasted. Don't you have other things to do? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Think everything you are supposed to think? Buy what you are told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned. - Tyler

#9 pimplypear

pimplypear

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2007 - 01:03 PM

have any of you noticed that the OP only has 4 posts??? did it occur to you that this is just an advertisement for "snake oil" as one poster pointed out?

I call BS.

#10 Alana

Alana

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2007 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE(pimplypear @ Feb 4 2007, 01:03 PM) View Post
have any of you noticed that the OP only has 4 posts??? did it occur to you that this is just an advertisement for "snake oil" as one poster pointed out?

I call BS.

I only have 4 posts because I only just joined the forum. It's not an advertisement, I just thought I would come here and share my experience, now im sorry I did redface.gif

#11 NewAge

NewAge

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2007 - 05:04 PM

I'm glad you've found something that works for you, but don't expect any long-term results from this stuff. Unless it's actually decreasing the size of pores and reducing oil production/increasing oil metabolism, then you're simply wasting your money.

#12 apple-fizz

apple-fizz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2007 - 05:13 PM

has a 30 day money back guarantee! worth looking into further I think.

I'm happy you found something that works for alana wink.gif

#13 acne_battle

acne_battle

this is Ollie, my parents cat which I took a pic of on my b day

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 38
About Me

Posted 04 February 2007 - 10:14 PM

Thats cool! I hope this chinese herb continues to work well for you
My regimen changed (starting 5/16/09) and I am not a happy camper

AM regimen
Wash face and chest with Kaiser 5% bp wash
Moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream
Apply Estee Lauder Future Perfect Eye Cream
Apply make up, blush, finishing powder, MAC moisture cover to dark underyeye circles
Pop a doxycycline

PM regimen
Remove make up with desert esscence jojoba oil using cotton balls
starting evening of May 28, 2009, I wash my face with Face Reality Skincare Sensitive Skin Gel Cleanser at night time only
Apply Differin to face and chest
Wait to dry and moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream
Apply Estee Lauder Future Perfect Eye Cream
Pop a doxycycline

Foundation- MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NC20 or MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NW15, apply a MAC blush, apply MAC prep and prime finishing powder

Anyone who has a problem zit thats having a hard time healing, try this and let me know if it helped you. Mix one tablespoon of sea salt with three tablespoons of warm water, apply to a cotton ball or a paper towel. Apply to the zit for ten to fifteen minutes, and then wash it off.

#14 StarryNight

StarryNight

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2007 - 06:06 AM

Hey Alana!

I tried something similar last year...smelled like rat pish. Pretty sure its the same thing. Anywho im not sure if it worked ....or... by some strange coincidence I didnt get any new pimples for a week or two. After that it was another cross of my list of quick fixes. Join the light girl and get on a regimen! I am just starting mine after trying all sorts of things like that. Seriousley don't waste your money, like someone ^ said it probably won't work long term, otherwise I guess everyone would be using it. Best of luck to you Alana wink.gif

Do'h...just out of curiosity, what on earth is snake oil? Were any snakes harmed during the making? lol.gif
O There are two types of people in the world...
O Those who stop at amber
O And those who put their foot down

Posted Image

#15 AutonomousOne1980

AutonomousOne1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2007 - 11:12 AM

QUOTE(Alana @ Feb 4 2007, 01:04 AM) View Post
Thanks for your input, you'll have a job giving them your account number though as you can only order through distributors, all of which are SSL-enabled. As for the site looking like ‘garbage’ I guess they work more in dermatology than web design. shrug.gif

I didn’t come here to say 'HEY I FOUND A CURE FOR ACNE!' I’m just sharing something that has worked for me personally and if someone else finds it works for them too then it's worthwhile. If it was B.S I wouldn’t waste my time or anyone else’s writing about it, weather you take it or leave it, is up to you. Like I said, I was sceptical at first but it’s working very well for me, sure it may not work for everyone but it’s the only thing I have tried which has had any substantial effect. I may not be up on all the scientific terms but I can see the results in the mirror proud.gif

Alana

there is no such thing as magic.

And From the beggining of time people will want to profit off our suffering and ignorance, dont be surprised if we are skeptical and ripping this apart.
#1.critical nutritional issues- b12(three forms exist), Calcium(yogurt, cheese or calcium phosphate supps) and vitamin d(sun or supps not to exceed 1000 iu). heme iron-most absorbable from meat only, clams are high. these are the most difficult vitamins to get and absorb. All others or about the same in difficulty in absorption. MAgnesium in our food supply is generally low as well, try natural calm supps.
#2 Fats- monounsaturated should dominate(olives), followed by polyunsaturated plant sources(nuts) but not if you have acne. the health benefits of fish oil and fish are controversial and i dont consume them due to mercury contamination and immune supression avoid processed fats if possible.
#3 Protein/amino acids- dairy and eggs best sources for tryptophan and methionine which convert to powerful antioxidants melatonin and glutathione.
#4 Carotenoids- alpha- beta carotene, beta cryptoxanthin, lutein zeaxanthin, astaxanthin. these are vital to human nutrition, carrots, butternut squash, pumpkin, chili pepper and cayenne pepper are the best sources.
#5 Regularity-BM at least once a day, Moist, large stools, 1 piece ideal, no maldigestion, no floating stools indicative of maldigested fat. HOW- insoluble fiber- wheat and cooked vegetables. soluble fiber-oats/ good bacteria ferment soluble fiber making short chain fatty acids that inhibit pathogens.
#6 Circadian cycles-Light, get up with the sun, and expose your entire body to it. darkness-melatonin is released upon the sensing of absolute darkness. sleep in a pitch black room, try to ensure 10 hours total darkness, wear sunglasses before bed. do not eat too late at night.
#7 Desirable physiological states(positive moods/emotions) do precisely what you like and what feels good to you, but not regardless of consequences, just from a perspective that, you own your life, and can determine precisely what you do with it and need not answer or ask of permission from anyone,achieving maximum autonomy and self government.

#16 twin2

twin2

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14
About Me

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:35 PM

thank you for sharing Alana!
Asian remedies...give it a try, my mom took some herbs and got rid of her
gallbladder stones...it was weirdly awesome they were gonna do surgery..
go azn! wow that was totally random of me whistling.gifD
10 yrs with acne, and >100 different products/medication used...

Current Regimen:
Morning:
The Body Shop Tea Tree Foaming Cleanser
Sea Breeze Astringent
The Body Shop Tea Tree Spot Treatment
Moisturizer:
The Body Shop Tea Tree Clearing Lotion
or The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying lotion
Night:
The Body Shop Vitamin C exfoliator 1x per week
Welcos Spring Green Tea Leaves Mask 2x per week (Very gentle)
The Body Shop Tea Tree Blemish Fade Lotion
The Body Shop Blue Corn 3 in 1 Deep Cleaning Mask 2x per month

Diet:
No high fructose corn syrup
No fast food
No hydrogenated oils
No gluten

Drink LOTS of water!!!!!

1-2 New Pimples a week, HUGE improvement from 3 months ago
Still feel like giving up at times...But I keep reminding myself of how my skin used to be

#17 Chinny chin chin

Chinny chin chin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2007 - 08:47 PM

I'm brand-spanking new to this site and had to respond here, first. I actually bought that Acne 101 about a year ago (also on eBay), and it's not bad. Honest. It DOES seem to reduce the swelling, but yes -- it smells. In fact, because it smells so badly, I stopped using it until about two weeks ago. Now, I take a cotton swab, dip it in that, then dip it into something else that smells better (quickly) and put BOTH on the cyst. I've tried EVERYTHING: anti-fungal creams, neosporin, even camphor, which also helps a bit to dry out the cyst and hide the Acne 101 smell. But, it hurts a bit (at first). I'm fed up with this mess on my chin.