#1 eggobitch

eggobitch

Red Sox FTW

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:25 PM

I see all these posts about see your derm ask them for Accutane. Well I've never seen a derm just my doctor and hes the one who always prescribed me with everything (Doxycyclin,bp,monocyclin,amoxicyllin etc etc) Can regular doctors prescribe accutane?

#2 chicagokate

chicagokate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE(eggobitch @ Jan 24 2007, 02:25 PM) View Post
I see all these posts about see your derm ask them for Accutane. Well I've never seen a derm just my doctor and hes the one who always prescribed me with everything (Doxycyclin,bp,monocyclin,amoxicyllin etc etc) Can regular doctors prescribe accutane?

Yes. I could have gotten the Rx from my doctor but I really, really like my derm.

#3 beentheredonethat

beentheredonethat

Ribbit!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:34 PM

In the UK it's dermatologists only for Accutane (i'm guessing Greenwich = UK?). In the US regular doctors can prescribe only if they are participating in the iPLEDGE program.
Currently - all clear!
Maintaining my last Accutane course (10/05-04/06) click here for log
Yasmin on Seasonale schedule
Green Cream lvl 6
Shiseido White Lucent system
(cleanser, and SPF 16 moisturizer (no way, SPF that doesn't sting!?))

#4 eggobitch

eggobitch

Red Sox FTW

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE(beentheredonethat @ Jan 24 2007, 02:34 PM) View Post
In the UK it's dermatologists only for Accutane (i'm guessing Greenwich = UK?). In the US regular doctors can prescribe only if they are participating in the iPLEDGE program.

Oh ok im actually in USA now. How do I know if they participate in Ipledge? Call them or go to see the in person?

#5 beentheredonethat

beentheredonethat

Ribbit!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:54 PM

It's best to call potential doctors first to see if they participate in iPLEDGE before seeing them to find out if they can prescribe at all. Then you go to the visit and see if they think you warrant it. Then you have to jump through tons of flaming iPLEDGE hoops before you can ever pick up a prescription. I do recommend that you get Accutane through a dermatologist with lots of Accutane experience. Choosing the dosage and managing side effects is a bit of an art form and most regular doctors don't have a lot of experience with it.
Currently - all clear!
Maintaining my last Accutane course (10/05-04/06) click here for log
Yasmin on Seasonale schedule
Green Cream lvl 6
Shiseido White Lucent system
(cleanser, and SPF 16 moisturizer (no way, SPF that doesn't sting!?))

#6 eggobitch

eggobitch

Red Sox FTW

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 January 2007 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE(beentheredonethat @ Jan 24 2007, 02:54 PM) View Post
It's best to call potential doctors first to see if they participate in iPLEDGE before seeing them to find out if they can prescribe at all. Then you go to the visit and see if they think you warrant it. Then you have to jump through tons of flaming iPLEDGE hoops before you can ever pick up a prescription. I do recommend that you get Accutane through a dermatologist with lots of Accutane experience. Choosing the dosage and managing side effects is a bit of an art form and most regular doctors don't have a lot of experience with it.

Ok sounds good hopefully a day this week I can do something about it. surprised.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users