7 replies to this topic

#1 mary prankster

mary prankster

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 January 2007 - 12:27 PM

hi,

i have some broken capillaries/spider veins on my face (around my nose) from doing a lot of hot compresses and taking a lot of really hot showers when i had acne a few years ago.

i want to get rid of them or at least lighten them, but i don't know what the most effective treatment is. i do not have money for laser correction, so i was wondering if anyone knew of any good topical creams or things like that.

at the very least, does anyone know of an effective cover up to use on capillaries? i have sensitive skin and it's hard to find products that do not contain comedogenic ingredients such as mineral oil. right now i am using n.y.c. cover stick, which is oil-free and has beeswax instead of parrafin wax.

thanks,

-mp

#2 evo

evo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:22 PM

only vbeam/ipl can do anything whatsoever the capillaries/spider veins. you wont see results from any topicals, no matter what they claim. So Iā€™d just concentrate on concealing them until you can afford 4/8 vbeams/ipls treatments..

#3 CharlesInCharge

CharlesInCharge

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Acne!<br /><br />Rosacea!

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:05 PM

Laser treatment is really the only way you can fix problems like those. And unfortunately they cost a boat load of money to get.
Done with Accutane as of 9-3-06!

Have Rosacea now!

#4 willow569

willow569

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me
  • Interests:Dancing, feline rescue volunteering, music

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:39 PM

Cost will probably vary, depending on where you get the laser treatment done. I had mine done through Kaiser dermatology and although it wasn't covered by my insurance, I think it was a bit less expensive than other places. I think the total cost for me was 200 dollars, and I only needed the one treatment. I guess it also depends on how much you need to have done. I thought the cost was pretty reasonable.

A.M.

-Face Reality Sensitive Skin Cleansing Gel
-Finacea
-MD Formulations AOX Hydrating Gel and/or MD Formulations AOX Lotion (on drier areas)
-Mix a few drops of Niacinamide Gel with Face Reality's SPF 30 for Acne Prone Skin

P.M.

-Face Reality Silica scrub
-Derm A Gel 2 out of 3 nights, PTR Unwrinkle Peel Pads every 3rd night
-Mix Face Reality Hydrating Emulsion with Metazine Niacinamide Gel
-Face Reality's 2.8% BPO (chin only).

*Spot treat any inflamed lesions with Aczone
*Spot treat clogged pores with 8% mandelic

*Diet: Vitamin C and zinc supplements, avoid dairy, avoid iodine, mimimize sugar and salt, avoid peanuts

I also get facials at Face Reality Acne and Skin Care Clinic every 4-6 wks.

My lengthy log:
http://www.acne.org/...p...1620&st=460

#5 JoeyCarol

JoeyCarol

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 March 2007 - 12:14 PM

I have the same problem, tried 3 IPL for $160 each, 2 vBeam for $60 each, and 1 yellow laser for $400 yet none of those did anything for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not rich or anything but they're remarkably annoying to face every day. Anyone have any suggestions on what I should try next?

#6 momoanda

momoanda

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:57 PM

how many years ago did you use your hot water compresses? does that mean they can show up in time?

#7 Jessicauofw

Jessicauofw

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:12 PM

Vichy makes an excellent make up line that's strictly for red, dry, irritated, sensitive skin..........their foundations are lovely and they smell nice!
I agree with the others though.........from my research the only real thing that can help with broken capilliaries is laser like IPL......I'm wondering though, if the area you wanted treat is just your nose (around your nose) it might not be too expensive. I know most places charge based on the area of skin they are actually laser. It'd be worth looking into maybe.

#8 akko

akko

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 June 2010 - 11:49 AM

Spider veins run in the family unfortunately, and the only way I've found to get rid of them is to remove them with sclerotherapy. It's not for the fainthearted, as a tiny needle is put into the vein and injects a saline solution that causes the vein to close up and be absorbed by the body. I HATE needles, but I love the results. I'm finally wearing shorts again. smile.gif It costs 70 dollars per treatment, which is about 30 injections and lasts about ten minutes. I wish I had done this earlier!