My Epic Regimen

Morning: Wash my face

#42 RAMONES

RAMONES

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 October 2009 - 01:25 PM

Have been on these 1 a day for just under 6 months now and although they have had some effect im still getting bad ones on my neck and the ones on my chest dont seem to be clearing up, am going to the dermatologist and asking for the stronger pill, dont know what its called but my brother took it and it did wonders for him.
anyone been on tetralysal for more than 6 months? how long until completely cleared? dont really want to go on the stronger pill as it can make the skin on your lips come off but dont see any other choice. The ones on my neck are horribly visible and hurt so much.

#43 Elian1990

Elian1990

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:20 AM

Hello. I took Tetralysal 300 for 4 months and used Epiduo Gel topic and my skin was much better. My doctor said it was enough time or it'd stop doing effect on me so I stopped taking the pills last week and since then some acne has been appearing in my chest and face. I'm so sad.

Is there any possibility my body is getting a little worse before getting ok again as a side effect for leaving the pills? Thank you sad.gif

Edited by Elian1990, 27 October 2009 - 11:22 AM.

#44 char3

char3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 November 2009 - 06:22 PM

Hey,

I've always suffered acne, and bad scarring mostly on my cheeks. Doctors have always said it would go away but I'm now 21 and had this for about 6 years and it's depressing!
I was on Oxytetracycline for over a year which did NOTHING, and then went on the pill Celeste which is meant to help with acne.. and didn't do anything.

I went to the doctor again and she gave me Tetralysal 300. She said it would take about 3 months to kick in, and funnily enough, after exactly 3 months, it did! I haven't had a spot now in about 4 weeks.
I also came off the pill and am on the contraceptive injection and they both seem to be working for me.

Obviously everyones bodies are different so this may not work for everyone. You just need to be persistent with your doctor and tell them how depressing acne makes you feel. I've seen so many doctors and I finally found a sympathetic one which was willing to try so many different solutions for me. If your doctor won't help then go and see a dermatologist.

I also now get microdermabrasion for the acne on my cheeks. I've had about 10 treatments and can really tell a difference. And having no spots helps as you're not constantly picking them and scarring your skin more :) It costs £300 for 6 treatments but definitely worth it.

#45 macker

macker

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:24 PM

Hi all,

New member here from Ireland

I have just started on Lymecycline 408mg 5 days ago, so i will keep you posted on the out come of me using it.

There is feck all sun shine this time of year in Ireland so that will play no part in my outcome.

Would stress be a major player in acne?

Cheers.

#46 MrSnow

MrSnow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 November 2009 - 07:05 AM

I have been on these (tetralysal) before cleared it right up in about 5-6 weeks.

Then stoped in may cause i went to zambia and started taking Doxy for maleria purposes and as far as i could see doxy only kept it at bay and dried out my skin. I was on Doxy for 4 weeks.

However when i was on doxy i only had a few spots.

So came home got a women and in september my spots broke out and me and the women broke up.

So now i am depressed. I thought they were gone.

Once again on tetralysal but its being 6 weeks and little improvement. Could i be immune to its effects?

I just want it to work already, i've got my eyes on a new nice piece of skirt biggrin.gif

The relly annoying thing is that i didnt start getting spots untill i was 14 meaning that i cant get girls now who i would of got 2 years ago. *sigh*

#47 RedLadyBug18

RedLadyBug18

RedLadyBug19

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading the Twilight Saga &lt;3<br />Youtubing anime ;P<br />Going out during summer with friends.

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:00 AM

i have started taking Tetralysal im on my 4th day of taking them and i hate it sad.gif , im not very good when it comes to taking tablets as i can't take them whole as i feel as if im going to choke or be sick. So atm i have been opening the tablet and putting the powder into a drink and drinking it, i know this isn't the best way to take it but atm its the only way. I take mine in the morning ethier between (10-11am).

Any advice ? eusa_think.gif
x

#48 !!sunshine!!!!

!!sunshine!!!!

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 March 2010 - 03:52 AM

i will have been on tetralysal 3 wks on wed 10th march 2010, so far i havnt really seen any improvement. im seeing a derm on the 9th april about my acne as ive had this for 14 years!!!! antibiotics usually work for a while and then it all comes back after 6 months or so. soooo depressing.

"i can feel so unsexy for someone so beautiful
so unloved for someone so fine
i can feel so boring for someone so interesting
so ignorant for someone of sound mind" alanis

#49 tyr4nt94

tyr4nt94

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:37 PM

I have just been prescribed Tetralysal/lymecycline 408mg capsules as of yesterday, after a year long course of Erythromycin antibiotics (with no improvement). I'm also using Clyndamicin Phosphate topical cream alongside the Tetralysal as I did with the Erythromycin. I am on a 56 day course of Tetralysal (one tablet per day) and will be referred to a Dermatologist within that time period, from which I am hoping to be prescribed Roactacane. I have inherited Cystic Acne from both parents my father being the worst, both of them were prescribed Roactacane so I'm hoping I will too, to be rid of my acne by the time im 17/18.

I'll keep an eye on theis forum and keep you updated on any improvements.

P.S. For some reason, when I eat onions and one of my spots bursts a couple of days after, the pus smells like onions... does anybody know why this happens. if so please message me.. thanks

Edited by tyr4nt94, 10 March 2010 - 04:45 PM.

#50 Theac

Theac

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:51 PM

I get bad cysts on my chin, but my skin is pretty much ok everywhere else. I've been on Tetralysal for 2 months and there has been some improvement. (I have a cyst this week, but I think this is hormonal).

I have to say, however, that Trimethoprim worked really well for me. I don't think it is prescribed so often - but for you guys who get stomach upsets from Tetralysal, it is worth bearing in mind as an alternative option, as it doesn't have this side effect. Unfortunately I took it for too long and it stopped working sad.gif

#51 tyr4nt94

tyr4nt94

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:27 PM

After just four days and four tablets there has been a substantial difference, all of my spots and cysts have gone down and loads of yellowheads are receeding. if the Tetralysal keeps working like this I may be able to avoid roaccutane!

#52 natcat

natcat

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 March 2010 - 03:26 PM

I started using tetralysal two days ago, my dermatologist put me on it for 2 months, 1 capsule a day. My acne is very very mild, i've never suffered from acne before until several months ago when i started getting white heads on my forehead, small inflamed red spots on my cheeks and even cysts on my back. Im 22, and find it very odd that the acne should come so abruptly without warning. Anyway, my question is when i stop using the the antibiotic after the 2 months, is my skin likely to react? Thanks

#53 tyr4nt94

tyr4nt94

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:46 PM

13 tablets in and im noticing a remarkable improvment from my face, not so much my arms, scalp and back though, where they seem to have gotten worse, my skin has stopped producing so much oil, although its still oilier than normal, it's alot less than i used to get. Hopefully it'll get better from here... I'll keep you posted smile.gif

#54 tyr4nt94

tyr4nt94

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (natcat @ Mar 20 2010, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I started using tetralysal two days ago, my dermatologist put me on it for 2 months, 1 capsule a day. My acne is very very mild, i've never suffered from acne before until several months ago when i started getting white heads on my forehead, small inflamed red spots on my cheeks and even cysts on my back. Im 22, and find it very odd that the acne should come so abruptly without warning. Anyway, my question is when i stop using the the antibiotic after the 2 months, is my skin likely to react? Thanks

Natcat, im surprised your dermatologist put you on such strong drugs straight away for very mild acne, i've waited four/five years to be prescribed Tetralysal, i started on Amoxycillin, then Clyndamycin Phosphate, then both Clyndamycin Phosphate and Erythromycin and then finally Tetralysal which is considered to be second best for acne after Roaccutane. I do not know what happens to your skin after the course is finished, as i have not yet finished mine. However, i presume if acne starts to come back afterward that is when your dermatologist is likely to prescribe you Roaccutane. Roaccutane is a high dose of Vitamin A which disrupts your liver quite badly and dries your skin alot, to the point of where vaseline will have to be applied to your nostrils and lips every 5-10 minutes. from what i've heard from my mum and dad about when they were on Roaccutane it almost always causes Jaundice (Yellowing of the skin) and dryness.

#55 tyr4nt94

tyr4nt94

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (RedLadyBug18 @ Feb 18 2010, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have started taking Tetralysal im on my 4th day of taking them and i hate it sad.gif , im not very good when it comes to taking tablets as i can't take them whole as i feel as if im going to choke or be sick. So atm i have been opening the tablet and putting the powder into a drink and drinking it, i know this isn't the best way to take it but atm its the only way. I take mine in the morning ethier between (10-11am).

Any advice ? eusa_think.gif
x

Woo another SE Londoner smile.gif, i'm just amazed you aren't sick drinking it, I burst a tablet by accident and it smells like the cheesy coating on the tangy cheese doritos, lol. I guess if your okay with drinking it, i'd stick with that although i'd check with your doctor or pharmacist if it's okay to do it, i'm not sure im only 16 tongue.gif

#56 wooeey87

wooeey87

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:55 AM

Hi Everyone,

I am 1 month in to Lymecycline.

Acne has all but cleared, i am 22.

A question around side effects.

Almost immediately after my first table - i began noticing scalp and eyebrow hairloss. 1 month later it has obviously got somewhat worse. i this something that lymecycline could have caused - and should i consider stopping it and asking my GP for something else? I haven't heard of side effects like this before but wondered if anyone had anything to say? I also have had an onset of some fairly irritated skin around my eyebrow & scalp area.

Obviosuly i dont want to stop the Lymecycline and get spots again if it is most likely not the culprit of this hair loss.

Any suggestions/advice/help welcome.

Thanks
Luke

#57 Worzel30

Worzel30

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:44 AM

Some advise please about Tetralysal!

I was put on 1 408mg tablet a day 2 weeks ago by my dermatologist for moderate chin and jaw line acne but I'm having the biggest break out of my life!!

I'm getting lots of very small pustules which are very sore and itchy! I wasn't prone to this type of acne more papule and pimple like in nature so it's been a real shock to see more and more of them sprouting up each day! I'm even getting them on my forehead!

I've been put on a 3 month course but is it normal for your acne to get worse like this before it gets better?

My Dermatologist didnt mention anything about the side effects.

Comments much appreciated

#58 Uglybairn(n)

Uglybairn(n)

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:38 AM

Ive been on Lymecyline for just over a month now , i do admitt that i have seen slight improvement particularly on my back and chest but not much on my face yet. i have infact been left with several side effect which i sortof knew would happen becuase im prone lol , but i have had a lot of diziness and some thrush and it has left me physically drained which being a gymnast doesnt really help me , but i do recomend to anyone these tablet beause although i have only had some slight impovement ,its still only been a month and atleast its better than no improvement, im also on antibiotic creams because i had inflammatory acne and pustules, the creams i was prescipted were Duac Once Daily Cream & Zyneryt , which its a liquid powder , but if anyone has any side effects similar to mine or wants to talk about this then just reply smile.gif

thankyou

#59 daniel17

daniel17

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:25 AM

Okay basically guys, I just turned 17 (11th March) and I have been on tetralysal 300 (408g) for
exactly 6 months now (had to take 1 every day, preferably in the morning). I used this with 5% benzoyl peroxide (PANOXYL), this dried my skin sooooo muhc until I put baby oil on it, then it was fine. I didn't see any improvement until the 4th month. I had bacne on my left and
right shoulder, my left shoulder cleared up but still had scars and bumps but left shoulder is a
HELL!!! ( I still get little spots and stuff). I’m really depressed as I got Keratosis Pilaris too, I think
I’m sooooooooo ugly too :'(.
But anyways back to business ), I’m gonna try this dose for
another 6 months (1 year) to see whether my right shoulder will dry out too. Oh yeah my chest
cleared up too, I was sooooooo happy, it was soooooo smooth (4th month) but then I got this
massive zit on my right pectoral, it was so awful, I actually cried but now its dry but I still got a
black spot there. I don’t have acne anywhere else except my shoulders and chest, my skin is
smooth though I do get spots on my forehead.

So the main point I’m going to make is that DO NOT GIVE UP HOPE, you won’t understand how
much I wanna get rid of this SHIT disease/disorder (even though it aint), I cry soooo much
because of BACNE and KERATOSIS PILARIS.

But the main thing that keeps me alive (tried to commit suicide) is that God doesn’t to something
without a reason behind it, maybe it will get better or maybe I’m better off like this. Guys be
happy that you have arms, legs, a nose, eyes etc. This is a minor thing.

Daniel

#60 UniversalDave

UniversalDave

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 May 2010 - 08:55 AM

Well personally never had acne, just a bad caise of teenage spots (this is how my doc describes it) since I was 12 an im now 24. Never did owt about them untill I was 15 and decided it was time.

First thing doc put me on was minocycline for about 6 month which did nothing. he then put me on oxytetracycline which also did nothing and finally when I was 18 he perscribed lymecycline and I took these for about another 6 months with 0 results and personally I had a really bad experiences were when I burped a yelow gas came out of my mouth and I seriously threw up everywhere. Luckly this only happened once but was enough to make me snap and demand to see a dermotologist.

This was best thing I ever did and was prescribed Isotretinoin and this cleared my skin in as little as a month and my skin was fine for about 3 years untill it came back slowly.

Went back to the doc and guess what hes put me back on...can you guess?.... thats right lymecycline if id remebered the name before I got home and opened the packet I would have slaped him round the face.

Anyway got to take this pointless drug for 6 month befor ill get put back on accutane.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users