Winter Breakout

4 replies to this topic

#1 slick79

slick79

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:37 PM

I'm getting so sick & tired of finding out the truth behind acne. I'm 27 years old & I've been fighting acne since 16. I finally come to realize that I breakout in the WINTER & very mild in the summer. I have a pretty oily face so it can't be due to a dry skin. I've tried quitting coffee which didn't work. Only thing I can think of is Hot Chocolate which I am still drinking every morning. Could this be possible?

#2 reKluse

reKluse

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:05 PM

the summer that i started life gaurding i figured out that the sun really cleared up my acne. i went to a tanning bed for 2 weeks and my face was clearer than it had been since the summer. just be careful not to get to much. itll do major damage to your skin and youll end up breaking out worse later. went from moderate to crystal clear to severe over ther course of one summer because of how much sun i got. so maybe this explains your situation

#3 mcswis

mcswis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:50 PM

I seem to break out more in winter than summer, and here is my wacky theory...when it's cold, I think my pores close up and all the gunk stays there and builds up until it makes zits.

My oily skin knows no season--it's oily year-round.

I also tan in the winter, just for a little color. I go for 10 minutes a week, which isn't much at all, but it's enough for me to have tan lines on my pale Irish skin, and I also think it may help the breakouts.

#4 LK2507

LK2507

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 January 2007 - 02:59 PM

I break out worse in the winter as well. before accutane I would break out on my back pretty bad in the winter but never in the summer. I remember thinking eh.. well atleast its not there in the summer when it would be showing!

I agree with your wacky theory mcswis! I think that pores get clogged because your skin it maybe tighter and drier.. you know how your skin can be like dry but oily at the same time? especially since I have been on the reg. My skin does not know seasons either. especially since I have gotten older. it used to atleast not be as oily in winter before.

#5 bittermp

bittermp

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 January 2007 - 12:14 AM

i tend to break out worse in the summer, especially august into september. But when I was a teenager, the opposite was true. I had a horrible break out this year starting in july and lasting until almost December. Its calmed down quite a bit.

when i was younger, i used to eat tons of clementines around christmas time since they're more available at that time of year and i think that always made me break out,

if i were you, i'd avoid drinking hot chocolate every day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users