Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

acne on temples

2 posts in this topic

I am currently on accutane, and after the first couple months my temples have flared about somewhat severely. It is weird because I have never had acne here before. Now I've developed a few cysts and papules on them. I am worried about huge crater scars on my temples and I was wondering if anyone has anything encouraging to say, such as anyone who has had bad breakouts on their temples and not scarred, or at least not scarred significantly?? I was also curious if sometimes scars look a little worse at first and naturally heal up a little bit, it seems like my scars have done this somewhat in the past. Thanks for the help!

Yeah I hate having cysts or pimples on the temple because it seems like that area is pretty tender. In my case the cyst that was on my left temple did leave a pretty good sized scar but got smaller faster than a scar left by a cyst on my cheek. But keep in mind that I didn't put neosporin on it after I drained it (I found that it has helped with the scaring if I put it on). Good luck.

Morning:

-Cetaphil (Daily Facial Cleanser For Normal to Oily Skin)

-Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer spf 15

Night:

-Cetaphil (Daily Facial Cleanser For Normal to Oily Skin)

-Tretinoin 0.025% Cream

Shower:

-Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar

11/28/2006-5/8/2007 First Tane course complete. Post Tane log now.