Photo

Tape Method of Peeling - Cheap and Effective for RED MARKS!!

red mark hyperpigmentation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
385 replies to this topic

#21 sorimachi

sorimachi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2002 - 03:40 AM

yoz Maya~ Can i use the tape while on accutane?

#22 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2002 - 08:18 AM

Sorimachi

I suggest you DO NOT use the tape whilst on Accutane. In fact, I suggest you use nothing apart from a good moisteriser for 4 months after accutane. Your skin will be extremely sensitive now to most products, especially stuff like peels/exfoliators. I also gather that whilst on accutane, the skin is more likely to scar with rough treatments - so be extra careful!!

Something you can use, that you may find effective - olive ot jojoba oil. Just smooth it on overnight. And when I say Olive oil - I mean the cold pressed, extra virgin oil you can get from the supermarket/stores.

#23 Adam20002

Adam20002

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2002 - 08:21 AM

Hi Maya,

Great tip :shock: But i would be also be interested in Lisa (aboves) question.

Thanks

Adam

#24 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2002 - 08:26 AM

Adam - I didn't see Lisa's post - thanks for the prompt!! :shock:

Lisa - yes - it's fine to do it before washing. Or, you can do it after washing then just wipe your face with water/gentle toner.

I have been doing this for a few weeks now, and my skin continues to get smoother and the red marks have faded A LOT!!!!!!! Others on different boards are also having fantastic results. :idea:

#25 Adam20002

Adam20002

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2002 - 08:36 AM

Thanks Maya, im going to try this method and see how i get on.

:shock:

#26 sara

sara

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2002 - 09:16 AM

Hey Maya, what other boards is this discussed on? Can u give me the links? thanks

#27 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2002 - 11:05 AM

Sara

http://pub106.ezboar...uteacneinfofrm1

You can either do a search for 'scotch tape' on this board OR if you start a new topic/thread - a female poster called tara/SSTLK is likely to answer - she is the scotch tape queen!! Anyway, lots of people on that site using scotch tape, but it is not specifically a scar board.

#28 misterpeachy

misterpeachy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2002 - 12:21 PM

Hey all,

I'm 15 and i've been on accutane for 5 weeks now, and i just tried to tape peeling method about 15 minuts ago and i'm worried now because i did it several times because there were literally MILLIONs of visible white skin flakes on my skin. I did it on the left side and now it seems there is some sort of rash which is discolored and sort of burns, kind of like an animal scratched it hard with its nails, it sems like a layer of skin is completely gone there i really dunno what happened. Is this permanant now?? Or will the skin just grow back and coloration (its darker red) go away?? Will this become a (giant) scar now???

Mike

#29 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2002 - 12:35 PM

Mike

Like I said, do not try whilst on accutane LOL!!

But you only did it once - put plenty of moisteriser on your skin - pure vaseline will help, if you haven't any, try some olive oil.

Also, take some Vit C at least 1 gram plus some zinc (15-30 gms) to help with faster healing.

Whist on accutane, your skin will be very sensitive and flaky - the stuff coming off on the tape was dead skin, but since accutane exaggerates the exfoliation process, taping is not recommended.

#30 misterpeachy

misterpeachy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2002 - 01:41 PM

But will this scar deeply now? Or will skin just grow back? I did put some neospotin on it just like an animal scratch (which this is just like that) and also some moisturizer. No burning anymore but there are still discolored red streaks (i have really fair skin). Does accutane do anything on small colored (like reddish or purple) scars also at all? Also it seems as though the accutane is working from my forhead down, others have said this but this seems to be the case...

Thanks again, and i guess i must have overlooked that. :shock:

Mike

#31 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2002 - 03:14 PM

Mike -I have heard that neosporin can help with inflamation - only I'm not sure if it would be helpful whilst on accutane. I just suggest lots of moisture for your skin right now - it is unlikely to have created any long lasting scar but may take a few days to heal.

I have heard that accutane isn't helpful for scars. I think what you need to do is give accutane the time to do its work on your acne, and after that consider your options with any scarring that remains.

I guess that since accutane dries up your acne, you will notice scarring more - the scarring that was hidden underneath exsisting acne AND also the fact that your skin will be flaky will only make any scarring appear worse.

On a serious note, please don't do anything else to your face whilst on accutane.

Take care
Maya

#32 l roberts

l roberts

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 December 2002 - 11:31 AM

Hi Maya!!

I'm SO glad that someone is giving recommendations for scars. I only have a few but they are annoying. I'm so sure my husband will laugh at me for doing this but I definately will give it a try!! I have thought about microdermabrasion but my skin is sensitive and I don't want to deal with the redness, irritation, and repeated doctor visits. Thanks for this tip and I will let you know how it goes!

Lola

#33 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 December 2002 - 12:41 PM

Hi Lola

Please give this a few weeks to work - you will really see a difference. I am now doing this day and night, and occassionally also doing lactic peels - not only is my skin much smoother and scars flatter, but most of the discolouration is gone and so are some fine wrinkles!!

All for the cost of a few rolls of tape! :shock:

#34 aa_gymnas

aa_gymnas

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 December 2002 - 12:44 PM

Does this tape method not irritate the skin? It seems the very same as touching your skin, which is not recommended with acne in any case. Please clear this up for me!

#35 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 December 2002 - 01:00 PM

All I can say that I am a whole load of others have experienced no irritation at all - not even the ones who still have active acne!! The only people likely to experience irritation are the ones on accutane or recently finished using accutane.

#36 aa_gymnas

aa_gymnas

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 December 2002 - 02:18 PM

OK thanks Maya, I'll try it out! :shock:

#37 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 December 2002 - 09:46 AM

Good luck - keep us posted on your progress.

#38 Adam20002

Adam20002

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 January 2003 - 04:34 AM

[quote]I'm so sure my husband will laugh at me for doing this but I definately will give it a try!! [/quote]

lol tell him its a new craze everyones doing it, he'll soon be joining in lol[/quote]

#39 hopeful

hopeful

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 January 2003 - 06:50 PM

I have never heard of this, I live in N.Y.
A little nervous to try it since my skin is very sensitive, but am willing to try it if it can help my fine lines around my eyes....

#40 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 January 2003 - 03:01 AM

Hopeful

The eye area is always extremely sensitive - I suggest you don't try it too close to the eye. This method is really meant for healing red marks, and although it has helped with some fine lines on the forehead, I think the eye area needs to be left alone.