Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tape Method of Peeling - Cheap and Effective for RED MARKS!!

386 posts in this topic

Hey ive been on accutane for about 2 months now and pimples are pretty much gone (touch wood!). Can i use the tape method for peeling just on the areas I have scars cause nmost pimples are gone but my face is covered with Postinflamatoryhyperpigmentation

can i use the tape method while on accutane on just the PIH areas???

cheers

I thaught i was the only one doing this! I've been doing it for a little while and i see great improvements some times over night!

I do it either in the morning or evening, not everyday though, just once and a while, its amazingly shocking to see all the dead skin cells come off!. ALthough i would reccomend to use suncreen or a moisturizer with sunscreen after.

I had a pimple which I then popped. I combined 2 clean and clear products, proactiv, neospirin, moisturizer, and benza clin and put it on my pimple with a bandaid. It then became dry, flaky, and rough so I put tape on it and it removed a layer of skin. It is now pink. Any ideas on how to make it heal?

Hey CCC:

You did the right thing putting product on it, but you put a little too much! The same thing happened to me and has happened in the past so i try my best to stay away from the tape method until i'm sure the area underneath the rough surface has healed 100%. You just used the tape too early so my advice would be to just out polysporin/neosporin and no bandaid so oxygen and get to it. Wait about a day or too before you try the tape oer it again and if your a little iffy and dont want a repeat of this mishap just wait an extra day trust me its worth it. Also if i may advise dont get hooked on the tape treatment, it has its moments; sometimes it works a miracle but other times it leaves you with another dilemea!

Hope that Helps!

I had a pimple which I then popped. I combined 2 clean and clear products, proactiv, neospirin, moisturizer, and benza clin and put it on my pimple with a bandaid. It then became dry, flaky, and rough so I put tape on it and it removed a layer of skin. It is now pink. Any ideas on how to make it heal?

Hey CCC:

You did the right thing putting product on it, but you put a little too much! The same thing happened to me and has happened in the past so i try my best to stay away from the tape method until i'm sure the area underneath the rough surface has healed 100%. You just used the tape too early so my advice would be to just out polysporin/neosporin and no bandaid so oxygen and get to it. Wait about a day or too before you try the tape oer it again and if your a little iffy and dont want a repeat of this mishap just wait an extra day trust me its worth it. Also if i may advise dont get hooked on the tape treatment, it has its moments; sometimes it works a miracle but other times it leaves you with another dilemea!

Hope that Helps!

BTW: i forgot to mention one thing, Take vitamin C orally it promotes fast healing!

Lol, I have been doing this for a LONG time, (like, longer than some of y'all have been alive), and thought I was the only one! Glad I'm not the only one!

My regimen, am & pm:

Wash: Olay Foaming Face Wash for Sensitive Skin

Exfoliate: Neutrogena 3-in-1 Acne Stress Control Hydrating Acne Treatment

Treat: Dan's 2.5% BP

Moisturize: CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM (day and night)

Sunscreen: Olay Classic Complete for Sensitive Skin w/spf 15 (when I need to be out in the sun)

Clear for months and months and months now!

Hey,

I have been on this site aot latleyt since feburary my skin hasnt been the same! But recently i found a regimine thats working and totaly kicking. Im just wondering if this would work on those dry patches of skin you get after a pimple drys down. And how long i should wait before i use the tape method on it. I've had these dry patches for about two days..

If someone could get back to me on this asap! It would be so greatly appreciated

this doesn't really work me, it just removes the dead layer of skin which can also be done with exfoliation.

Hey I must say this does work, but on occasion it really f's up my skin by pulling skin off, take it in... this just happened and i'm so freakin uupset because my skin was AMAZING i just had one dry spot where i had a pimple so i thaught i'd give it a go, instead it tore of two tiny peices of skin! and i'm of a brown skin color so its noticeable. I know from past experience vitamin E+ Polysporin helps and some vitamin c internally hopefully its gone asap i'm heading to NY friday, UGH IM PISSED

I love this, it's so addictive and fun. It also makes my skin baby soft, I've only been doing this two days so it's probably my imagination but I feel like my marks are fading. So far so good :surprised: