Photo

Tape Method of Peeling - Cheap and Effective for RED MARKS!!

red mark hyperpigmentation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
385 replies to this topic

#1 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2002 - 02:39 AM

Hi everyone

For the past few months, I have been on many acne boards and kept 'bumping' into people talking about the benefits of using scotch tape to:
-Rid themselves of red marks and shallow scarring.
-Improve the texture of their skin

For the past couple of weeks, I have switched over to this method (instead of using glycolic or lactic acid peels) and I can tell you that it really works!!!!!! I've been using the tape on my face and my legs. I have to say that it's really making a difference. My skin is so smooth now and the red marks are fading quickly. It's strange how much dead skin actually ends up on the tape. That has to help with preventing pore clogging! Give it a month and I think you will be impressed with how effective this is.

HOW TO:

1. Wash face with normal cleanser, pat dry. (I use Carleys facial wash which has 2%BP)
2. Apply the tape to your face, smooth down and then gently and slowly pull the tape off. You just take a piece of tape off the dispenser and apply it sticky side down to your face concentrating on the areas that are the most dry or where there is scarring. Press it down firmly and then immediately peel off. You should see tons of muck on the tape when you peel it off. Repeat this with a new strip of tape on the next area, and so on until you have covered your entire face. Start by doing it 3 or 4 times a week at first and then progress to doing this daily. Do not keep repeating over the same area at first or you might get kind of pinkish and irritated looking because it really is like giving yourself a mini peel every time you do it. No need to leave the tape sitting on your skin, just apply it firmly and immediately strip it off. Works great.
3. Wipe face with toner/water.
( I then apply MSM gel or copper peptides, or you could apply Aloe Vera gel - but none of this is essential)
4. Any of you using topicals like BP, best to apply it AFTER the taping
5. Moisturise! (I use Jojoba oil)
6. Always use a sunscreen!

If you use this tape method, there is NO need to use peels as well unless you have really bad discolouration and uneveness. It will save you money!!!!!!!

What type of tape to use?

Most people recommend Scotch Crystal Clear Tape (the white, see through/invisible/transparent tape that is used for wrapping presents) but I find that any ordinary sticky tape (In the UK, we call it Sellotape) works just as well. You can buy it at any store - office/school/stationary supplies

Can you use this over active acne?
It is safe to do it over active acne, just be careful not to do it too much in those areas. In my opinion it actually helps them heal faster.

Hope this helps!! :(

Take care
Maya

PS - word of warning - DO NOT DO THIS WHILST ON ACCUTANE - YOUR SKIN IS FAR TOO SENSITIVE

#2 babyk558

babyk558

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2002 - 09:43 AM

. Apply the tape to your face, smooth down and then gently and slowly pull the tape off. You just take a piece of tape off the dispenser and apply it sticky side down to your face concentrating on the areas that are the most dry or where there is scarring. Press it down firmly and then immediately peel off. You should see tons of muck on the tape when you peel it off

Hmmm I'm a little confused....So how do I do this? lol Do I pull it off slowly? Or immediately? Could you please clear that up for me? lol sorry, but I'm eager to try it :( thanks!

#3 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2002 - 11:27 AM

Hi baby

(Imagine you are using those waxing strips) - you pat the tape down, then just pull off. No need to leave it on your face for any amount of time. Just strip off the tape immediately. You shouldn't strip too harshly, just strip off the tape in one gentle movement.

Hope that clears things up for you.

Good luck with this, so many people have raved about it for so long, but it has only been my own recent experience with this method that has convinced me that this is at least (if not MORE) effective than glycolic or lactic peels.

#4 sorimachi

sorimachi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2002 - 10:31 PM

this tape method is quite funny. does it helps in pit scar?

#5 Vampa

Vampa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2002 - 09:57 AM

Hey Maya,

I just tried that today. I saw that gunk that came off on the tape and was kind of shocked that there was that much dead cells on my face.

My question to you is: how long did it take to see results?

I know it's only my first day, and while I can't see results, I can feel results. My skin feels a lot smoother due to this, and I do believe this method is good just to make your skin feel better, if nothing else.

Let me know!

#6 acneargh

acneargh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2002 - 09:21 PM

this is interesting. IM going to try this along with dans regimen which I am currently on. Thanks for the tip maya.

-JR

#7 goldenpp72

goldenpp72

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 December 2002 - 05:36 PM

wouldn't the stuff on the scotch tape itself make your pores clogged? you know that stuff that makes it stick :(

#8 sorimachi

sorimachi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 December 2002 - 07:22 PM

So far i only knows that i lost some facial hairs.

#9 acneargh

acneargh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 December 2002 - 09:03 AM

Ive been doing this for a couple days on my small scars. And i am now noticing that this does seem to be working. I will continue this method.

Thanks maya

#10 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 December 2002 - 03:08 PM

Sorry for the late reply, just got back off hols.
------------

sorimachi - yeah, if you have fine, downy hairs, it does tend to strip those off too! I actually (by accident) taped part of my eyebrow a couple of weeks ago! Ouch!! I was informed by some that it may help with pitted scarring but I feel that it is unlikely. I think it can help the pits look more even over time - at least a few months

-----------
Vampa - I think anyone with redmarks/superficial sacrring should see results after a week - definately more even skin tone - but best results would daily use for a couple of months. Right after a couple of sessions, your skin does feel smoother!

---------
Acneargh - do this BEFORE the BP as in the regimen

---------
goldenpp72 - it doesn't seem to have clogged my pores - also, many people on other boards are using this method and no one has posted negative responses. In fact, exfoliating this way unclogs your pores because it is removing the dead skin which is often what clogs the pores in the first place. After taping, just rinse your face with water or wipe with a gentle toner.

#11 Vampa

Vampa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 December 2002 - 03:14 PM

Hey Maya, I wasn't really referring to pit scars. I have red marks as my problem.

#12 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 December 2002 - 03:29 PM

Vampa -sorry - name confusion!! I have edited my last post

#13 urscrewed

urscrewed

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2002 - 12:10 AM

Or..................... You could just use a good exfoliant... Does pretty much the same thing

#14 HamasakiJin

HamasakiJin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2002 - 12:58 AM

Seems like a weak cheaper version of a Biore lol.
Biore is much more effective in unclogging pores though. I tried 1 tape thing to try to unclog...nowhere near as effective :. I'll see what it does to small pits though.

#15 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2002 - 07:03 AM

urscrewed - I have used many different types of exfoliator (glycolic and lactic at the highest level) and I find this more gentle yet equally effective. Also, the type of exfoliators which you have to scrub around your face - they can aggravate acne I find.

HamasakiJin-I am not too familiar with the Biore - but this is a cheap method and also very effective - something that can be done daily.

#16 HamasakiJin

HamasakiJin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2002 - 11:06 AM

Oh a Biore is like tape. it sticksonto your face and 15 minutes later when it dries you pull it off and a TON of stuff comes out fo your clogged pores. However, tehn you get this "empty pore" look, and soemtimes it jsut fills back up :shock:.

#17 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2002 - 01:37 PM

maybe u can just try this tape method - becasue it sounds more gentle and also, my pores are definately more refined now. :shock:

#18 Lisa

Lisa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2002 - 11:40 PM

Hi Maya,

Have you heard of anyone doing the tape in the morning before they wash their face.
I am using storage scotch take that is used for packing. I really like it but It has a strange smell to it so I am afraid it will clog my pores. I dont want to wash my face before I do the tape then wash it again after that.

What is your opinion to doing this in the morning before washing my face?

Thanks for the update, love to hear your progress

#19 sara

sara

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2002 - 12:11 AM

Well Maya, won't this make ur hair on ur face darker and thicker since ur stripping it off with the tape? I mean as a girl, I dont want that. Please lemme know!

#20 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2002 - 02:40 AM

Hi Sara

No- it won't do that!! It may strip off some of your most downy, finest hairs - but it isn't like waxing. The ordinary tape only exfoliates, it shouldn't strip hair off - (unless u get them caught in your eyebrows by accident!!)