Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xxbobmckeexx

***UPDATED**** Foundations of Clear Skin

184 posts in this topic

What about the acne cases that end with age?

What about them?

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=
*Glycolic Acid Product Recommendations *What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit

Wynne 2.9Beta Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Please ask questions on the boards, not via PM. That way all benefit. Thanks!

Bob McKee - you say you have not had any more breakouts, yet you continue to use the BP twice daily. Why? Do you apply this all over or only on areas prone to breakouts?

Bob McKee - you say you have not had any more breakouts, yet you continue to use the BP twice daily. Why? Do you apply this all over or only on areas prone to breakouts?

OP was last seen here more than 5 years ago. I don't think he'll reply.

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment. I told them they didn’t understand life.” - John Lennon

Dang.

Try sending a PM: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?app=members&module=messaging&section=send&do=form&fromMemberID=36417. If the OP still uses the same email address, he'll see it.

1 person likes this

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment. I told them they didn’t understand life.” - John Lennon

What am I doing wrong? I have spent 3 months doing almost exactly what you posted. Flax, primrose, borage, fermented cod liver oil, no sugar or gluten, I take probiotics/eat cultured veggies, I workout, take optizinc and a multivitamin... I'm at the same place I started. Pretty bummed.

What am I doing wrong? I have spent 3 months doing almost exactly what you posted. Flax, primrose, borage, fermented cod liver oil, no sugar or gluten, I take probiotics/eat cultured veggies, I workout, take optizinc and a multivitamin... I'm at the same place I started. Pretty bummed.

What works for one person might not work for you. You need to figure out the supplements and diet that work for your body. Maybe you don't need the probiotics, the cod liver oil, and the evening primrose. There is a lot of trial and error involved unfortunately. If you are not seeing results with this combo, then try different ones until you find the right one. You might be overdoing it with the supplements.

Current regimen: garlic supplements [as needed], Enzymedica gluten blocker [as needed], nicadan [not sure if it works yet]. I try to simplify as much as I can. Don't take more supplements than you need....try one at a time and be patient.

The supplements that really helped me when my acne was at its worst: inositol, DIM [not as frequently now!] digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips/ low acid [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3, superoxide dismutase (SOD) enzyme supplements. NOTE: I do not recommend DIM for long term use, and I do not recommend hormonal creams without doctor supervision.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: acupuncture, regular exercise/ yoga, low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials...

Grocery list:

** Find the cause, find the cure **

** If you have a question for me, please ask it publicly so that others can benefit from the discussion**