Photo

Paleo diet thread

paleo

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

#41 ihavetaste

ihavetaste

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:25 AM

can someone please recommend a paleo-friendly flour that i can use to make breads and baked goods BESIDES almond and coconut flour. i've tried almond flour and i didn't like the taste at all. i can't find coconut flour anywhere and i heard it's a more stronger flavor so i might not like it anyways. i've seen brown rice flour that is gluten-free so why isn't it allowed on the paleo diet?? since brown rice in general isn't allowed

Amaranth, Arrowroot, Buckwheat, Millet, Sorghum...All of these are Gluten Free but not all of them are technically allowed on the Paleo Diet. I just recently allowed myself to have some Millet Flour bread and I'm on the Paleo Diet. Brown Rice isn't allowed because it's a grain, though it is a safer grain to eat in terms of the spectrum of Whole Grains.

#42 tim12

tim12

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:12 PM

Dr. Terry Wahls story inspires me every time I watch it, further reminding me of the healing power in nutrient dense, wholesome, real food.

#43 LiveLaughFart

LiveLaughFart

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:31 AM

Did cavemen people flavor their vegetables with spices or cook their fruit to make a marinade?

Is it ok to boil orange juice and add it on steamed vegetables?
I'm serious.

#44 smartie

smartie

simple is best.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:58 AM

Those who are interested in the paleo diet or are currently on the paleo diet should definately check out the China Study, and/or watch the Forks over Knives documentary. My husband and I were following the paleo diet for over a year before we were introduced to dr. caldwell esselstyn & dr. t colin campbell's work. It sparked our interest, and after more in depth research we are very much opposed to the paleo diet. I believe everyone should have as much information as possible to make the best lifestyle choices for themselves. Definately check out the referenced material at the beginning of my post - it doesn't hurt to see things from different angles/paradigms. :)

#45 limpbizkitfan

limpbizkitfan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:58 PM

Those who are interested in the paleo diet or are currently on the paleo diet should definately check out the China Study, and/or watch the Forks over Knives documentary. My husband and I were following the paleo diet for over a year before we were introduced to dr. caldwell esselstyn & dr. t colin campbell's work. It sparked our interest, and after more in depth research we are very much opposed to the paleo diet. I believe everyone should have as much information as possible to make the best lifestyle choices for themselves. Definately check out the referenced material at the beginning of my post - it doesn't hurt to see things from different angles/paradigms. Posted Image

What exactly turned you off about the paleo diet?

#46 smartie

smartie

simple is best.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:51 AM

Used to buy into that book, don't anymore.

I used to buy into the Paleo Diet, and don't anymore, in fact I find it very, very scary.

Edited by smartie, 16 February 2012 - 11:51 AM.

#47 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:35 PM

I kinda got bored with this diet, I still use some of the diets recipes though as some are really yummy.

#48 sirios

sirios

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:29 AM

Where can I find "Forks over Knives"?

#49 suko

suko

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:22 AM

I've been through Paleo diet before. Personally I did notice any changes to my skin. It was still dry/oily (mixed) and I can't say that this diet has particularly affected my skin condition in any way, shape or form (at least not to my knowledge), but that's just me.
Searching for perfect skin Posted Image

#50 Acnegoaway54

Acnegoaway54

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

yes!!! i have been on paleo diet for 3 months. i am 98% clear!!! one small white head!! w000t. my skin has not been like this since i was 9. i strongly urge everyone reading this to try the paleo diet. even dan has a thread on it where he said it kept him clear until he cheated and had some sodas. it works. its why kitavan islanders have no acne. i swear on my life it has made my acne be 98% clear. i am not lying.