Photo

Hot Towel Method is getting rid of my red marks!

red mark

6 replies to this topic

#1 LugMetric

LugMetric

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 November 2003 - 07:18 AM

I've suffered from acne for about a year now, ever since my freshman year of college. after about 4 months of dan's regimen, i was 95% clear, but instead of truly breaking out, i would get red spots under my skin, which would last anywhere from a few days to a month before fading. i found that SA helped a great deal in fading them, but i could never really stop new ones from forming.

ive been using the hot towel method for the last few days now, and its done wonders. i do it at night in place of washing, and then apply a smaller amount of bp to my face, mostly in my trouble areas. my red marks have been brought to the surface in the form of whiteheads, where they've quickly died under my regimen of SA/BP.

this may not be the case for everyone, but i think my red marks are actually zits under the surface of the skin that have never actually gotten a chance to flame up because of all the chemicals im dumping on my face. if youre someone who doesnt really "break out" much anymore, but just gets red marks, definitely give the hot towel method a try.

http://acne.org/mess...opic.php?t=1596

-lug

#2 nightKid

nightKid

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 November 2003 - 10:24 AM

are these not the red marks u get AFTER the pimple subsides? :-k
so does it help with the red marks AFTER the pimple subsides?

#3 YZF98

YZF98

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 November 2003 - 12:37 PM

I did read the link but I still have a question. In my nightly routine could I incorporate the warm towel method and still wash with the Purpose bar and apply the bp? If so what order should I do it in? Warm towel---Purpose---bp? Or Purpose-----warm towel----bp? Thanks!

#4 2ShyGuy

2ShyGuy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 November 2003 - 08:37 PM

YZ-
I've been doing this for a few days myself, and i've found that it does seem to be helping. I do exactly what you said in your first method:
Hot towel, purpose bar cleanser, ice cube over face, bp, ice pack.

Now obviously the ice part isn't mandatory, but ive been reading the acne cure and i thought I'd give it a try. So if you want to try the ice (of which i also think is helping) then you can. If not, just do hot towel, purpose bar, bp.

2SG

#5 LugMetric

LugMetric

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 November 2003 - 10:07 PM

nightkid-

the red marks i refer to are ones that form under my skin without ever having any kind of whitehead on top. in the past, they have faded slowly over time. the hot towel method brings them to the surface and kills them quickly, leaving little or no redmark. as for redmarks from previous white/blackheads, ive found that the hot towel method helps make them a little less conspicuous by evening out your skin tone, but does not really fade them any faster. try Salicylic Acid for that. Neutrogena's Multi-Vitamin solution has done wonders for fading my after-acne red marks.

-as for incorporating the hot towel into a nightly routine, ive stopped using a facial cleasner at night. i do hot towel, wait 10-15 mins, then apply BP only to my problems areas, and in a smaller dosage than usual, because i feel as if my skin is especially vulnerable after the hot towel.

in the morning, i wash with ceptaphil cleanser, shave with edge gel w/ aloe, wait 15 mins. apply a generous coating of Neutrogena Multi-Vitamin, wait 5-10 mins. apply a moderate amount of cetaphil daily moisturizer.

this is a deviation on dan's reigmen, which i followed pretty religiously for about 5 months until all i had left was red marks. if you are still getting a significant amount of active acne on your face, i would continue following the basic regimen until you have cleared.

-lug

#6 nightKid

nightKid

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 November 2003 - 08:06 AM

hey lug,

i've been following dan's regimen for close to 3 months now, and i must say, my acne is much better than before, although i still get a pimple occasionally. did it take u 5 months to be completely clear, meaning no more pimples? i guess i will use neutrogena multi vitamin once i'm all clear...

#7 LugMetric

LugMetric

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 November 2003 - 07:51 PM

hey nightkid,

it took about 5 months for me to have nothing other than redmarks left on my face, and i would still get the occasional pimple (who doesnt), but i wouldnt break out with multiple pimples at a time as i did before. the last month took awhile, i had great improvement in the first 3-4 months as it seems like you did, and then the last month took awhile. i was dumping tons of BP on my face, like a tube and half a week before i was finally totally clear. i've backed off on the BP over time, and i've stayed clear. using the neutrogena in the morning has really made a difference improving my skin tone and getting rid of red marks.

-lug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users