Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yasmine

93 posts in this topic

I got my first pimple today :cry: I thought it would go away by tonight but it hasn :wall: Damnit...

Is it a big one? Is it at least smaller than what you got before being on the Yasmin? I hope it goes away soon for you!

Its a normal one but its on my left check, and I dont want a red mark, my face was all clear :cry:

Thank you very much outdoorgirl. :wub: You're very nice. I wish you lots of luck too and to be CLEAR :pray:

I need some information from you veteran BCP users. I just finished my first pack yesterday so I am not really sure what to expect. I started getting horrible cramps yesterday..it's like my body knew there were no more pills left and my period is supposed to come tomorrow or something. Is that usually how it goes? lol I know, I know...I sound really retarded but I'm just not sure ;( Are you supposed to get your period after not taking the pill for a day or two or does it automatically come after finishing up each pack? I've actually never had such horrible cramps right before my period. I've also had headaches for the past two days. I thought the pill was supposed to make the cramps less severe but in my case it's actually worse :shrug:

So, back to the question....does the period come right after you finish the pack or if you stop taking the pill for a day or two? ....Help...

BePimpled,

With the ones I've been on (Ortho triclen, Ortho triclen lo, and now Yasmin) it's always been 3 weeks of pills with different levels of hormones and then the final week of pills is usually just sugar pills (placebo so you remember to take a pill every day). During this week with the placebos is when I get my period. If you finished your first pack you should have started a new one the next day, you shouldn't have any days without taking one. It's possible I guess that you skipped your period because I think this can happen to some women. As for the cramps, I never really get too many on the pill and I didn't really before either. Can you try calling your doctor tomorrow and tell them what you are experiencing?

Good luck, I hope the cramps stop soon!

Christine

Hi Isabel!

I always get my period on sunday and I always finish taking the pills on wednesday. I take 21 pills and wait 7 days with no pill then start again a new pack the next Thursday. Im worried cause of your cramps :( You shouldnt experience those, or at least, as you said, they should be less severe than usual :comfort::( Same goes for the headaches. Christine is right, maybe you should call your doctor and tell him about what you're going through.

But to answer your question, my period always comes on the 4th day after my last pill.

Guess what Lo Lee Ta, the Yasmin is FINALLY working after I have been waiting so patiently! My scarring is fading. Im only getting occassional pimples. However I dont know if its the Yasmin, the omega 3 supplements Im taking or a combination of both. Either way I am happy that I am finally starting to clear! :dance:

My regimen changed (starting 5/16/09) and I am not a happy camper

AM regimen

Wash face and chest with Kaiser 5% bp wash

Moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream

Apply Estee Lauder Future Perfect Eye Cream

Apply make up, blush, finishing powder, MAC moisture cover to dark underyeye circles

Pop a doxycycline

PM regimen

Remove make up with desert esscence jojoba oil using cotton balls

starting evening of May 28, 2009, I wash my face with Face Reality Skincare Sensitive Skin Gel Cleanser at night time only

Apply Differin to face and chest

Wait to dry and moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream

Pop a doxycycline

Foundation- MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NC20 or MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NW15, apply a MAC blush, apply MAC prep and prime finishing powder

Anyone who has a problem zit thats having a hard time healing, try this and let me know if it helped you. Mix one tablespoon of sea salt with three tablespoons of warm water, apply to a cotton ball or a paper towel. Apply to the zit for ten to fifteen minutes, and then wash it off.

Guess what Lo Lee Ta, the Yasmin is FINALLY working after I have been waiting so patiently! My scarring is fading. Im only getting occassional pimples. However I dont know if its the Yasmin, the omega 3 supplements Im taking or a combination of both. Either way I am happy that I am finally starting to clear! :dance:

You cant imagine how happy I am to be reading that ;) Im so glad its working for someone else but me, cause Im sure Yasmin had a lot to do with it. :clap: The little first pimple i got is now gone without even having left a red mark. Let's pray it keeps us CLEAR :pray:

Well my skin is awful for me at the moment....lumps and bumps, one nasty zit last week, but no new ones developing, hopefully this is it, I also started on spiro the other week as well, 100mgs a day, once yasmin kicks in I aim to get rid of the spiro....I'm just going to hang in there til this works!!!! Good luck too all of us!

Yasmin. 150mg Spiro. Organic food. No caffine. No soft drinks. 2 litres water a day. Zinc capsule. Omega and Evening Primrose Oil. Emu Oil. Dairy free. Collidal silver. IPl monthly. Max laser weekly.

You cant imagine how happy I am to be reading that ;) Im so glad its working for someone else but me, cause Im sure Yasmin had a lot to do with it. :clap: The little first pimple i got is now gone without even having left a red mark. Let's pray it keeps us CLEAR :pray:

I spoke too soon! I am breaking out horrible from an allergic reaction to cetaphil. I used to use cetaphil and I had these horrible breakouts, very cystic and they are huge. I got like six of them now. I am using desitin at night and I use neosporin during the day. Hopefully these pimples will go away soon and I wont get many new ones. I switched to an Oil of Olay cleanser which is a lot better than the cetaphil.

By the way lo lee ta, how long did it take for the yasmin to kick in for you? I am getting impatient and I might not start my next pack

AM regimen

Apply make up, blush, finishing powder, MAC moisture cover to dark underyeye circles

Pop a doxycycline

PM regimen

starting evening of May 28, 2009, I wash my face with Face Reality Skincare Sensitive Skin Gel Cleanser at night time only

Pop a doxycycline

Foundation- MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NC20 or MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NW15, apply a MAC blush, apply MAC prep and prime finishing powder

Anyone who has a problem zit thats having a hard time healing, try this and let me know if it helped you. Mix one tablespoon of sea salt with three tablespoons of warm water, apply to a cotton ball or a paper towel. Apply to the zit for ten to fifteen minutes, and then wash it off.

It kicked in instantly. I mean from my first pills i started noticing that my skin got better and better. I say you should start that new pack. Ive been saying this a lot on here but ill say it again, I think i was VERY lucky for it to be starting working for me as soon as it did, cause my body was already used to taking birth control pills so that the plus that Yasmin had over my previous bcp kicked in.

Hang in there girls!!!

I wish it would kick in for me soon. Just when I think it might be starting to clear, another big bump pops up overnight. I've been on it almost 3 weeks and I will still stick with it because I need it for birth control too. I just wish it would stop those big ones from coming up so I could actually work on healing and getting rid of the red marks from the old ones. So frustrating!

Christine

Thats whats happening to me to except Ive been on Yasmin for three months not three weeks

AM regimen

Pop a doxycycline

PM regimen

Pop a doxycycline

I wish it would kick in for me soon. Just when I think it might be starting to clear, another big bump pops up overnight. I've been on it almost 3 weeks and I will still stick with it because I need it for birth control too. I just wish it would stop those big ones from coming up so I could actually work on healing and getting rid of the red marks from the old ones. So frustrating!

Christine

SAME!!!!!! I've been on it for just a few days longer then you, I've had red bumps popping up over night, it's on my chin, but in funny places where I don't usually get them, usually I get them on the lower part of my jaw, chin line, but they have been under the corners of my mouth, in clumps of a few...bastards!!! I've had this break out for the last 10 days I reckon....I just want the bumps to stop so the healing I can start fixing my red marks as well

One thing I have noticed is the pores on my nose seem to have shrunk and I definately do not have as many blackheads!

Yasmin. 150mg Spiro. Organic food. No caffine. No soft drinks. 2 litres water a day. Zinc capsule. Omega and Evening Primrose Oil. Emu Oil. Dairy free. Collidal silver. IPl monthly. Max laser weekly.

My face feels and looks less oily I think too so I'm hoping it is working, but it's just going to take longer for the actual bumps to clear away. They do kind of seem like they go away faster maybe? Anybody else feel that way? The one I woke up to today seems like it's gone down some and it already developed a head on it. Normally it would take a few days for it to do that, so maybe it's starting to work? I haven't had any side affects at all which is good, probably since I'd been on bcp before for years.

I hope it starts working for all of us soon!

Christine

I finally got my period (since October) on Thursday and I'm starting my second pack tomorrow. I have actually noticed that my skin is less oily. I dont use the blotting sheets anymore. I used to use 3 or 4 sheets every day. I'm really excited about that. However, I have this "ball" of comodones/zits on my forehead....looks like a damn tumor growing out of my head. It's really frustrating but my skin color is looking much better. It doesn't have this gray tone to it anymore but looks actually healthy.

is yasmine available in england?

i was gonna ask my doc about it

" summer has come and passed, the INNOCENT can never last, wake me up when september ends"

R.I.P MADISON ROSE BUTLER, MOMMY WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU. <3 <3

IF UR WAITIN 4 TOMORROW WHY NOT DO IT TODAY? BECAUSE IF TOMORROW NEVER COMES THEN YOU'LL SURELY REGRET THIS DAY!!

"my daily skin regime" = pray pray pray and avoid mirrors!!

I really don't want to jinx myself but....... it seemed that every single blocked up pore, deeply hidden zit, lump or bump on my face quickly became massive, quickly developed a white head and then quickly disappeared, all stages happening in less then 24 hours, the process lasted about 10 days and I was devastaged while it was occuring.... now when I really look at my chin, you know really look at it, I can't see any lumps developing, no blocked pores, no redness, no pus developing deep down....could this have worked, does it sound like your experiences, and does it sound like my BCP or Spiro????

Wow I hope I haven't finxed myself, but I feel like something has been won!!!!

I really don't want to jinx myself but....... it seemed that every single blocked up pore, deeply hidden zit, lump or bump on my face quickly became massive, quickly developed a white head and then quickly disappeared, all stages happening in less then 24 hours, the process lasted about 10 days and I was devastaged while it was occuring.... now when I really look at my chin, you know really look at it, I can't see any lumps developing, no blocked pores, no redness, no pus developing deep down....could this have worked, does it sound like your experiences, and does it sound like my BCP or Spiro????

Yes, me too :pray:

I hope it is working for you! Maybe that is what was/is happening with me then too?

Keep us posted!

Christine

is yasmine available in england?

i was gonna ask my doc about it

If not Yasmine, well the same pill will be, it might just be called a different name, like here in Australia it's called Estelle....

I hate effin Yasmin!! My face was doing OK...the first month but I started my second pack on Sunday and my face has exploded. I have huge bumps on my chin. I never had this before. I'm so upset and angry. Why did it go from OK to HORRIBLE?

I hate effin Yasmin!! My face was doing OK...the first month but I started my second pack on Sunday and my face has exploded. I have huge bumps on my chin. I never had this before. I'm so upset and angry. Why did it go from OK to HORRIBLE?

I really think you might be going thru what happened to me 2 weeks ago, it last for about 10 days, my chin just exploded, bumps everywhere they came up really fast and luckily went away fast...I was devastated.....fingers crossed but no new bumps now and I can't see anything else developing, this might just be Yasmin really kicking in....it's foul, I just got a new boyfriend and spent 2 weekends hiding behind my hair, now when I see him tomorrow night, I don't have to hide, but am going to need make up magic for these new red marks!!!!

Let me know how you go, hang in there chickie!!

It's called an initial breakout/flare/purge. Give it some time to do it's thing.

Currently - all clear!

Maintaining my last Accutane course (10/05-04/06) click here for log

Yasmin on Seasonale schedule

Green Cream lvl 6

Shiseido White Lucent system

(cleanser, and SPF 16 moisturizer (no way, SPF that doesn't sting!?))

I was working today and I just started crying for no reason. The bad thing is that I work at a Pharmacy and my boss will think that I'm emotionally unstable and probably wont let me work with Narcs anymore...oh well, less work for me I guess but I dont want my coworkers to think that I am crazy. Could Yasmin be doing this to me? :wacko: