Photo

Great subcision picture?

subcision

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 doggydogg

doggydogg

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 December 2006 - 04:40 PM

There was a really good picture of a patient whose scars were improved dramatically with subcision on a drs website that was posted here a long time ago. Not Dr. Rapaport but it was from a group of Doctors who I think were practicing somewhere in Queens, New York. They were three Chinese doctors if I am not mistaken. I tried to do a search but came out empty. Anyone with any info as to who these doctors are would be greatly appreciated. thanks

#2 Rossignol

Rossignol

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:49 AM

Those pictures are of Tamara (Oursfan) - she has written extensively about her experiences in the thread "Had Subcision Today" (9 pages long) - there are also pictures of her results from a later needling procedure in that thread.

#3 Dazarooni

Dazarooni

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2006 - 10:17 PM

Was it this one you were looking for?

http://www.itzan.com... subcis eng.htm

#4 katiekat

katiekat

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2007 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE(Dazarooni @ Dec 21 2006, 10:17 PM) View Post
Was it this one you were looking for?

http://www.itzan.com... subcis eng.htm

If those pictures are untouched ,I would travel to see this doctor.

#5 bama2000

bama2000

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2007 - 11:11 PM

I am not going to discuss the results...but look at the shadows of the before versus the after. On the before you can see how the chin has a very stark contrast, indicating an overhead, directional type of lighting. The after does not have this.

Anyone who has this type of scarring knows how critical and tricky lighting and pictures are...its not an exact science. A slight change in angle can make a monumental difference. The problem is that when you are in bad lighting and you move around your scars are going to "light up" from time to time...say if you are talking to someone. Anyway...rambling a bit now, just saying pictures can be EXTREMELY deceiving. Sometimes it is intentional...sometimes its just because you didnt use the right lighting.

I saw my doc and he was saying how well the silicone has gone, while I saw zero improvement. Sure in soft lighting it looks OK...but it looks just as bad in overhead lighting...and I have the pictures to prove it. Docs rarely seem to understand this and use this to their advantage either.

#6 scarcrash

scarcrash

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2007 - 10:36 AM

I spent $3000 on subscision from some fancy pants manhatten (NYC) dermatologist.

Results? Absolutely None.

Save your money for hard alcohol. Might as well just drown you sorrows because acne scars can never be removed (and not even reduced in my case)!

People that do not sustain acne scars have absolutely no idea about the bullet that they dodged.

This is literally something that can and does ruin lives.

#7 sheryllynn

sheryllynn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2007 - 05:57 PM

I had subcision done and it really helped with some of my rolling type scars. Go to a doctor that does a lot of them. It' worth a try, it works for some scars and not others.

#8 ylem

ylem

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE(scarcrash @ May 2 2007, 10:36 AM) View Post
I spent $3000 on subscision from some fancy pants manhatten (NYC) dermatologist.

Results? Absolutely None.

Save your money for hard alcohol. Might as well just drown you sorrows because acne scars can never be removed (and not even reduced in my case)!

People that do not sustain acne scars have absolutely no idea about the bullet that they dodged.

This is literally something that can and does ruin lives.

Did that fancy pant derm follow that with a filler to keep the scars from reattaching. Docs are saying it is a critical step to get the skin to heal more level with the surface, rather than having the fibrous strands reattch. If he didn't and you payed 3 grand, then you were punked.

As far as Tamara's pics are concerned, I remeber her also posting extensively about the results dwindling within several months. She was overall disappointed, as most of her scars reappeared. She did not have a followup filler, which I am beginning to think makes a BIG difference. This is what my derm is saying, based on his experience.

That other pic definitely has some lighting issues. It is very apparent, judging from the difference in skin tone in the after. I would take it with a grain of salt, literally.

I do wish someone on here who has had subcision on the forehead would post their results.

#9 UnHappenstance

UnHappenstance

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2007 - 07:02 PM

daaang, regaurdless of whatever thas some good improvement

#10 touchthesky_86

touchthesky_86

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2007 - 10:22 PM

I have some that are a lot like the ones in that picture, and it's insane how much a tiny change in angle can do.

I'm not saying the before and after pics aren't real, but I'm hesitant to believe it. I'd have to see it for myself.

It's got nothing to do with subcision, but scarcrash, I couldn't agree more. If anyone is reading this and you have no scars, or even just a couple of light ones, that's something you should always feel really great about. I don't care who you are, what your position in life is or how successful you are, having scars on your face is extremely painful, every day. I'd give up anything to change it.

#11 katiekat

katiekat

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 May 2007 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE(touchthesky_86 @ May 3 2007, 10:22 PM) View Post
I have some that are a lot like the ones in that picture, and it's insane how much a tiny change in angle can do.

I'm not saying the before and after pics aren't real, but I'm hesitant to believe it. I'd have to see it for myself.

It's got nothing to do with subcision, but scarcrash, I couldn't agree more. If anyone is reading this and you have no scars, or even just a couple of light ones, that's something you should always feel really great about. I don't care who you are, what your position in life is or how successful you are, having scars on your face is extremely painful, every day. I'd give up anything to change it.

I second that

#12 CM77

CM77

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 May 2007 - 03:17 PM

Anyone know the doctor in Queens that did this?

#13 rodrigg

rodrigg

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

Dr. Hyun Soo Lee of Lee Dermatology

#14 mr. matt

mr. matt

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 68
About Me

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:05 AM

Those pictures are of Tamara (Oursfan) - she has written extensively about her experiences in the thread "Had Subcision Today" (9 pages long) - there are also pictures of her results from a later needling procedure in that thread.

Tamara (ours fan) was the inspiration for me undergoing subcision. Her photos and results were remarkable.

#15 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

i can't get that link to work ..i'd like to see the pics ...matt ur pic ur skin looks great mate!

#16 Binga

Binga

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

Have you done any treatments from him?