Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LionQueen

Clearing pores, getting rid of tiny bumps

634 posts in this topic

I have almost cleared up my mild acne using AHAs and BHAs as well as some good healing creams and natural cleansers (I use chirally correct products from Corrective Skin Care and Arcona and LOVE them!). I have also started having facials a few times a year which helps a lot.

But, I still get tiny bumps on my jawline. They don't get red or sensitive and they don't come to the surface or go away, they aren't white heads or black heads and they aren't very big. I am probably the only one who sees them, but they are raised enough to feel the bumpy texture. I can't pick them, they will leave red marks on my face forever!

Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks for your input, I appreciate your feedback.

1 person likes this

Information is the key to making good decisions - share what you know with others.

As of October 2011

Rx: NuvaRing, Spironolactone 50mg/day, Differin .3% gel and Clindamycin wipes as needed.

Sulphur & SA soap, ARCONA raspberry bar

Essential oil of lavender and frankincense, Argan oil

PCA skin A&C serum, Perfecting Protection (sunscreen)

Vitamin C powder

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Makeup: VANISH Miracle skin transformer, Daylight tinted EVERskin, Smashbox halo hydrating powder

Dermarolling

combo/oily - sensitive/allergic - light/med olive - very PIH prone

Would it be fine if I just used Paula's choice and forget about adding the greencream. It says that greencream is meant for antu-aging (I'm only 19, and I don't really have wrinkles or things of the sort).

Does the greencream help get rid of scarring?

But what would you recommend from Paula's Choice? She has a lot of products. Would just the cleanser, toner, and moisturizer work? Or should I add in exfoliating products, treatment products, masks, ect ect? I've never used PC's, but I've heard good things about it.

I really need help. I have moderate/mild acne; and oily to dry skin. And what I'm using right now, doesn't seem to be doing anything. I'm using Aveeno Ultra Calming Sensitive Skin Foaming Cleanser, and Acnexus. I use Acnexus 3 times a week at night (Mon/Wed/Fri) and the rest of the time I use the Aveeno. My regiment doesn't seem to be clearing my skin, but it does break out from time to time (as of now I can feel a pimple coming at the corner of my nose).

Please tell me what you think? I am really sick of having pimples on my skin.

greencream might promoted as wrinkle remover... but in practice, it reactive your skin, so not only wrinkle remover, but also works for blemish and scar... you can read more at greencream.com i believe... also i can ask specific question at their forum

anyway green cream is retinol varians, so i guess it act just like other retinol products on the market, but lots people say that green cream is one the best retinol in the market

getting paula choice products actually depending on your acne ... what kind of acne is that, since BHA works best for comedoes type acne not cyst or normal acne, that might be have better result with bp

if you want to try paula choice, the most imporant item you should get is BHA 2%.... 1% if you have sensitive skin... and about the type of bha, it depends on what you like, some people prefer liquid over other because its more easier to apply on the face

you dont need other stuff, if you already have nice moisture , sunscreen and facial wash ...

so if you think that your current moisture and other not good enuf, you might thinking try paulas product

just note, i am on 2nd month using bha and greencream... the proggress somehow kinda slow if i compare to "the expensive este" that i ever try...

1st month i got lots breakout even there are some cyst....

and now i still get breakout but somehow it really minimized... also comedoes that stuck on my face getting out .... so sofar i happy with how the products works

I have almost cleared up my mild acne using AHAs and BHAs as well as some good healing creams and natural cleansers (I use chirally correct products from Corrective Skin Care and Arcona and LOVE them!). I have also started having facials a few times a year which helps a lot.

But, I still get tiny bumps on my jawline. They don't get red or sensitive and they don't come to the surface or go away, they aren't white heads or black heads and they aren't very big. I am probably the only one who sees them, but they are raised enough to feel the bumpy texture. I can't pick them, they will leave red marks on my face forever!

Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks for your input, I appreciate your feedback.

i believe that the same acne type that current i have...

it stucked comedoes that cant get out and harderning

bha can help pushing the out... well it takes a while though...

if you want faster version... you can try green cream, it speed up the purging, but you might get breakout coused by that

Has anyone heard from LionQueen? Hope she's ok...

My current regimen:

AM

Cleanse with Avene Cleanance

Moisturize with Complex 15 only on dry areas

PM

Cleanse with Avene Cleanance

Exfoliate with Paula's Choice 2% BHA gel (only 3x a week)

Diacneal

Tricyclen BCP

*Advil daily one week prior to menstruation

*drink lots of water all througout the day and stay away from pop.

*use mainly mineral makeup

NOTE: I totally stopped using BP as a spot treatment because it just dries the pimple out TOO much and the skin around it. The flakes end up looking worse than the pimple and it's impossible to cover. Plus it leaves a mark.

i've been on accutane on and off since august 2006 (i've actually taken it for 4 months inconsistently, skipping up to 2 months between courses, which i really really regret doing:/)and while i am waiting for it in august i wanted to find an alternative treatment to Finacea (which is very expensive) that would keep my comedones, mainly tiny whiteheads at bay, clear & tighten my pores, and diminish red marks left from previous acne. i don't know if i should try the GoW alcohol-free mandelic or paula's choice 2% BHA gel .... which would suit my senstive (accutane+mild rosacea), dry skin??

also, how long does the sample usually last for BHA?

hello again,

I have been debating on whether or not i should try to use the Green Cream at night. I know that I want to get the BA 2%, but I have heard that Retinol is bad for younger people, (I am only 19) but I have also heard that it works really well on both scarring, wrinkles and red marks.

I would really like to try to use both, but I am afraid to give up the cleansers that I am currently using. Right now I am using 10% benzoyl peroxide in the morning and then I use the Neutrogena Microbead cleanser with 2.5% SA at night.

The combination of these two cleansers has helped my acne somewhat, but I have really bad comedomes that I really want to just get rid of, as well as some moderate scarring.

Is it ok to keep using the BP and the BHA and the GC at the same time or should I try a normal gentle cleanser if I try to use the BHA and the GC? What should I try as a cleanser at night if i change to using just the BHA and GC? The same as I might in the morning?

Any recommendations would be much appriciated.

Thanks again to anyone that responds.

Also, thank god for this board. The information on this board alone has helped me feel more at ease and feel better with knowing what may really be wrong with my skin. It doesn't hurt to know that there are other people who have or who are also suffering with the same problems that I am.

does green cream help with clogged pores and non inflammed acne or just the overal tone of skin?

Been off Accutane sinse June 05

On reg sinse Nov-25-05

due to minor breakout after tane, just want to stay clear ;)

-Mornings-

-wash with Neutrogena transparent facial bar (in shower)

-apply lots of BP (dry 5 min or more)

-apply Eucerin Skin Renewal spf 15

-Nights-

-wash with Cetaphil Gentle cleanser

-apply lots of BP

Every so often I use Alpha Hydroxy Enhanced lotion to get some exfoliation and renewal.

does green cream help with clogged pores and non inflammed acne or just the overal tone of skin?

All three! It's a very good treatment for both acne and wrinkles, just like Retin A is.

For those who are concerned about being too young to use Green Cream, don't be. Young people get prescribed Retin A all the time and it works on their acne, particularly if it is the comedonal occasionally inflammatory kind.

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=
*Glycolic Acid Product Recommendations *What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit

Wynne 2.9Beta Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Please ask questions on the boards, not via PM. That way all benefit. Thanks!

I have been using Paulas Choice BHA for about a month and a half, and still no improvement, my skin is worse than before I started using it. Should I just call it quits, or should I keep going?

can i pick up green cream over the counter?

My regimen

Morning

1-Wash with Oxy "New" Alpine Fresh Bar 0.5% SA (Body & Face)

2-Home made Aspirin Toner= SA (Body & face) http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Asprin-Toner-t165630.html

3-Paula's Choice weightless body lotion 2.0% SA (Body & Face)

Evening

1-Wash in shower with Dial spring water body wash (Body)

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Dial-body...-me-t47593.html

2-Noxzema triple Ant-bacterial wash (Face & Chest)

3-ACV toner 3 to 1 with a few drops of tea tree oil (Body & Face)

4-AHA Glycolic acid 10% lotion (Body & Face)

5-Dan's BP liberally over face, neck and chest

6-Any 10% BP for body

- take multi-vitamin, fish oil, Vit C and zinc daily.

- manual exfoliate weekly. (Body & Face)

- Aspirin mask weekly

I have face, chest and upper arm acne.

[sig-img:105]

Yes, green cream is available online OTC. ^_^

AM + PM

Paula's Choice:

- Skin Balancing Cleanser + Toner

- 2% BHA Liquid

- Blemish Treatment, 2.5% BP

- Super Antioxidant Concentrate

- Skin Balancing Moisture Gel

AM

- Ultra-Light Weightless Finish SPF 30 Sunscreen Spray

Yes, green cream is available online OTC. ^_^

awww :( yeah lol. i did mean getting it myself and not ordering online or prescription :(

Edit: ty for the 411 :)

My regimen

Morning

1-Wash with Oxy "New" Alpine Fresh Bar 0.5% SA (Body & Face)

2-Home made Aspirin Toner= SA (Body & face) http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Asprin-Toner-t165630.html

3-Paula's Choice weightless body lotion 2.0% SA (Body & Face)

Evening

1-Wash in shower with Dial spring water body wash (Body)

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Dial-body...-me-t47593.html

2-Noxzema triple Ant-bacterial wash (Face & Chest)

3-ACV toner 3 to 1 with a few drops of tea tree oil (Body & Face)

4-AHA Glycolic acid 10% lotion (Body & Face)

5-Dan's BP liberally over face, neck and chest

6-Any 10% BP for body

- take multi-vitamin, fish oil, Vit C and zinc daily.

- manual exfoliate weekly. (Body & Face)

- Aspirin mask weekly

I have face, chest and upper arm acne.

[sig-img:105]

awww :( yeah lol. i did mean getting it myself and not ordering online or prescription :(

Sorry- as far as I know it's only available online. :cry:

AM + PM

Paula's Choice:

- 2% BHA Liquid

AM

Hi dizzylizzy.

In some areas, GC can be found locally. I get it at a local spa. Check on line at GreenCream.com under the category Buy and then Skincare Professionals to see if there is a vendor in your area.

Good luck!

I have REALLY tollerant skin.. for example I NEVER had burning or irritation with 10% AHA.. Do you think I could start of at level 9 of Green Cream? or should I (when and if I decide to try it) start at 6?

Been off Accutane sinse June 05

On reg sinse Nov-25-05

due to minor breakout after tane, just want to stay clear ;)

-Mornings-

-wash with Neutrogena transparent facial bar (in shower)

-apply lots of BP (dry 5 min or more)

-apply Eucerin Skin Renewal spf 15

-Nights-

-wash with Cetaphil Gentle cleanser

-apply lots of BP

Every so often I use Alpha Hydroxy Enhanced lotion to get some exfoliation and renewal.

Any idea how long it takes to work? I've been using BHA on just my forehead (to test it out) for over a week now and the tiny bumps are everywhere! (cant tell if its more or less, but i THINK there are more of 'em). It's my forehead, it sucks, but hey, at least i can wear a hat on vacation and hide it. There were bumps there before from the clindamycin topical i was using (which oddly cleared me up 100% then started to make me get a ton of clogged pores... gee, thanks clindamycin! now im trying to get rid of what it did to my forehead).

I have REALLY tollerant skin.. for example I NEVER had burning or irritation with 10% AHA.. Do you think I could start of at level 9 of Green Cream? or should I (when and if I decide to try it) start at 6?

Start at Lvl. 6 just to be safe, especially if you've never been on a retinol regimen before =]

AM + PM

Paula's Choice:

- 2% BHA Liquid

AM

EK1, I think we're both going through the same thing right now. I've been on Benzaclin (BP + clindamycin) for about 6 weeks and my forehead which had always been clear developed tons of tiny bumps! I wasn't sure if it was from the Benzaclin or Aquanil face wash I was using. I just switched over 10 days ago to Paula's Choice skin balancing cleanser and the 2% BHA liquid in combo with the Benzaclin.

I started out just using the BHA on my forehead in the morning and within 3 days my tiny bumps were 80% gone! I had great results at first, but has leveled out and no new change since. I just started using it all over my face once a day but has not improved all other non-comedonal acne on my cheeks or jaw. I am using the Benzaclin over it as of right now. I plan on giving this a good month to see if I get any improvements.

Current regimen:

P.M.

Wash with Face Reality Silica Facial Scrub

Tone with Face Reality Salicylic Antiseptic Toner

Apply Vivant Exfol-A-Forte

wait 15 - 30 minutes

Apply Face Reality Hydrating Emulsion

Apply Face Reality Acne Med 5% all over

Spot treat w/ sulfur

A.M.

Wash with Face Reality Silica Facial Scrub

Ice skin

Apply Face Reality 10% Glycolic Serum

Spot treat Face Reality Acne Med 5%

Apply Face Reality Hydrating Emulsion

Apply Face Reality Micro TZ Sunscreen

Mineralogie powder

HBC, i've read that its happened to a lot of people! I've since stopped my clindamycin (i think it'll be like around 2, 2.5 weeks since i stopped putting it ALL over my face. Now i just put it on any inflamed pimple or bump i feel coming. MOST of the little bumps went away that were on my cheeks, but there are still quite a few left. Also my forehead is totally covered in them, ugh.

So, any word on how long i should give BHA before moving on? My next derm appt is August 9th, so it seems like another 2.5-3 weeks is enough time???

So what's the best product for blackheads and white heads i have oily skin.

And by the way people that suffer from acne still get some break outs that's how it is people you can't completely get rid of acne accutane or not.

Has anyone used these creams while on accutane? Im 2-3 months in and its working just the little bumps arent going anywhere.

9 “The human heart is the most deceitful of all things,

and desperately wicked.

Who really knows how bad it is?

10 But I, the Lord, search all hearts

and examine secret motives.

I give all people their due rewards,

according to what their actions deserve.â€

Hey, for Lion Queen and The Snow Queen:

Can you list and explain every item that is a part your regimen - what it does, how it improves the skin, and how to get it? I am also very interested in how every item fall into place.

...I have been having a few bad breakouts recently, mostly due to clogged pores. Now I am looking to adopt someone's 'clear skin regimen', since I think I have a similar problem to Lion Queen's.

If it has been asked before, I apologize! Thanks a million!

Can you list and explain every item that is a part your regimen - what it does, how it improves the skin, and how to get it? I am also very interested in how every item fall into place.

...I have been having a few bad breakouts recently, mostly due to clogged pores. Now I am looking to adopt someone's 'clear skin regimen', since I think I have a similar problem to Lion Queen's.

I've changed my regimen around quite a bit in the past couple years, but the one constant is Green Cream, which is the product that cleared up my skin. I can't do without it.

if you look at my regimen in my signature, you will see:

Physiodermie Bio-Gommage: this is a wonderful but horrendously expensive super-gentle exfoliating scrub. If you don't want to shell out the big bucks for it, check out the baby-brush exfoliation method elsewhere on these boards.

Jan Marini enzyme cleanser: now that I am using the bio-gommage, I may not buy this cleanser anymore, but I have a lot of it to use up .... after which I will probably try using the DKR cleanser.

Vivant Re Juv -- this is an anti-aging product, not anti-acne (though it is anti-inflammatory). also horrendously expensive. skip it unless you are my age. :D

Diana Yvonne Triple C Serum -- antioxidant, gives my skin a really nice glow .... helps counteract years of sun damage.

DY Red Tea Serum -- this is a blend of hyaluronic acid and rooibos (red tea) extract .... red tea is a very powerful antioxidant and hyaluronic acid is a perfect moisturizer .... very light, will not clog pores. I mix a drop or two of this with emu oil and TiO2 (see below) for my moisturizer.

DY emu oil -- adds a little healing oil to the mix

DY TiO2 -- titanium dioxide and water, adds SPF 15 to the mix

Green Cream -- high-retinol gel, works much like Retin A but less irritating and not as strong; see thread in OTC forum

Retin A Micro -- I actually use this more for anti-aging than anti-acne. I spot-treat with it on really tough skin like my forehead and nose. The rest of my face doesn't tolerate Retin A very well, which is why Green Cream was such a godsend for me.

Supplements -- fish oil and multivitamin are critical, imo. R-alpha lipoic acid is a powerful anti-oxidant. I'm not sure how useful the resveratrol is but I read about it awhile back, bought a bunch and am now using it up. More info on these in the Nutrition and Research forums.

Retired from Acne.org

I've changed my regimen around quite a bit in the past couple years, but the one constant is Green Cream, which is the product that cleared up my skin. I can't do without it.

if you look at my regimen in my signature, you will see:

Physiodermie Bio-Gommage: this is a wonderful but horrendously expensive super-gentle exfoliating scrub. If you don't want to shell out the big bucks for it, check out the baby-brush exfoliation method elsewhere on these boards.

Jan Marini enzyme cleanser: now that I am using the bio-gommage, I may not buy this cleanser anymore, but I have a lot of it to use up .... after which I will probably try using the DKR cleanser.

Vivant Re Juv -- this is an anti-aging product, not anti-acne (though it is anti-inflammatory). also horrendously expensive. skip it unless you are my age. :D

Diana Yvonne Triple C Serum -- antioxidant, gives my skin a really nice glow .... helps counteract years of sun damage.

DY Red Tea Serum -- this is a blend of hyaluronic acid and rooibos (red tea) extract .... red tea is a very powerful antioxidant and hyaluronic acid is a perfect moisturizer .... very light, will not clog pores. I mix a drop or two of this with emu oil and TiO2 (see below) for my moisturizer.

DY emu oil -- adds a little healing oil to the mix

DY TiO2 -- titanium dioxide and water, adds SPF 15 to the mix

Green Cream -- high-retinol gel, works much like Retin A but less irritating and not as strong; see thread in OTC forum

Retin A Micro -- I actually use this more for anti-aging than anti-acne. I spot-treat with it on really tough skin like my forehead and nose. The rest of my face doesn't tolerate Retin A very well, which is why Green Cream was such a godsend for me.

Supplements -- fish oil and multivitamin are critical, imo. R-alpha lipoic acid is a powerful anti-oxidant. I'm not sure how useful the resveratrol is but I read about it awhile back, bought a bunch and am now using it up. More info on these in the Nutrition and Research forums.

Thanks for the quick reply! Now let me get my hands on the products... :D

LionQueen, good to hear from you again! The Snow Queen has been doing a great job in your absence :)

I have a quick question for anyone who'd like to answer - is it ok to squeeze out gunk that you know will come out from clogged pores? I've heard it's best to leave it alone and let it come out by itself, but I have conflicting feelings about this - my clogged pores never came to the surface after years of waiting!

I have been using level 3 Green Cream (want to start out slow), and would like to say it is bringing out those very stubborn clogged pores (slowly) that PC 2% BHA lotion has not been able to take care of. Hopefully after level 6, I will be rid of all of the flesh-colored bumps!

PC 2% BHA lotion sort of levels off in its effectiveness, but the BHA lotion combined with flax oil/primrose/borage supplements has basically stopped formation of cysts (I'd get 3-4 every month) and inflammatory acne. All that's left are the clogged pores and red scars.

In short, PC 2% BHA and flax oil (or fish oil) for the inflammatory acne/cysts; GC for the clogged pores (Cetaphil for cleanser). I use primrose partly for my eczema, but primrose and borage seem to help too.

Cleanser: Eucerin Redness Relief Cleanser(morning) / Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (night) - www.drugstore.com / Walgreens

Moisturizer: Aveeno Daily Moisturizer, Ultra-Calming SPF 15 - 4 fl oz (if necessary) - www.drugstore.com

Stopping Whiteheads: Paula's Choice 2% Beta Hydroxy Acid Gel (Salycylic Acid) - www.cosmeticscop.com

Clearing Pores: Green Cream Level 6 - www.lindasy.com/store/

Supplements: Evening Primrose Oil (1 capsule), Flax Oil (9 capsules), Borage Oil (1 capsule) - www.allstarhealth.com