Photo

How do you get rid or red marks after popping a pimple?

pimple pimples pop red mark

This topic is archived.
11 replies to this topic

#1 ljll

ljll

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 09 December 2006 - 04:37 PM

hi, Im 13 years old and I get about 1 new pimple every other day. But when I pop it like it says on this site, I have a red mark that won't go away! I use two kinds of acne meds a day. Both 10% benzoil peroxide. Equate and Clearasil. I am going to get neutrogena on the spot. But until then please help me!!!

#2 tenyearsofacne

tenyearsofacne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 14 December 2006 - 01:00 PM

don't pop them! DONT POP THEM DONT POP THEM DONT POP THEM DONT POP THEM. biggest regret i have. they leave scars when you pop them, like holes in your face, which is WORSE than red marks. and they also leave redder marks than if you let the thing go away by itself. and then the red marks fade, slowly, but they do. try using aloe vera overnight, and try putting something with sulfur, that's helped me a lotttt. either a sulfur face wash (but i got that by prescription) or a sulfur topical thing like the proactive daily face mask thing. i put some of that on the pimple while it's still active and it makes it heal faster, dry faster, fall off faster, and fade away faster. AGAIN, DON'T POP THEM PLEASEEE!

#3 mitsey

mitsey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 December 2006 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE(tenyearsofacne @ Dec 14 2006, 07:00 PM) View Post
don't pop them! DONT POP THEM DONT POP THEM DONT POP THEM DONT POP THEM. biggest regret i have. they leave scars when you pop them, like holes in your face, which is WORSE than red marks. and they also leave redder marks than if you let the thing go away by itself. and then the red marks fade, slowly, but they do. try using aloe vera overnight, and try putting something with sulfur, that's helped me a lotttt. either a sulfur face wash (but i got that by prescription) or a sulfur topical thing like the proactive daily face mask thing. i put some of that on the pimple while it's still active and it makes it heal faster, dry faster, fall off faster, and fade away faster. AGAIN, DON'T POP THEM PLEASEEE!

I have a few of these "holes in my face" is there anyway to get rid of them, or are we stuck with it for life?

#4 eric8371

eric8371

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 December 2006 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE(mitsey @ Dec 15 2006, 12:06 PM) View Post
QUOTE(tenyearsofacne @ Dec 14 2006, 07:00 PM) View Post

I have a few of these "holes in my face" is there anyway to get rid of them, or are we stuck with it for life?

You can get scar reducing treatments, but they are $$$$

thousands of dollars

#5 Listener

Listener

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 December 2006 - 12:35 PM

Acid peels.

#6 mitsey

mitsey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 December 2006 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE(Listener @ Dec 15 2006, 06:35 PM) View Post
Acid peels.

Acid peels? mmm that doesnt sound very pleasant! Thanks for letting me know though!

#7 ﻝ ©

ﻝ ©

STOP STARING AT ME

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 December 2006 - 02:21 PM

Tea Tree Oil.

#8 soadfan1

soadfan1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 15 December 2006 - 03:01 PM

Its strange how peoples pimples differ from one another. I find popping one of the most important parts of sdestroying a pimple, but then I only scar slightly with big spots and its not really noticable. Once I pop, I smother the spot in Benzol peroxide cream or 'Quinoderm' as its known in the U.K and that dries it out and takes any inflammation away.

Try a benzol peroxide cream.

-Rob

#9 B4444

B4444

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 August 2009 - 06:39 PM

The red marks can take up to a year to go away. After you pop the pimple put neosporin on it and it will not leave a red mark or scar

#10 .JacktheLad.

.JacktheLad.

sex drugs and sausage rolls

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:?

Achievements

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:11 PM

neosprin? is that some kind of anti septic cream like savlon here in the UK?

also for uk people which is better "best" quinoderm or panoxly?

#11 Shadow Yoshi

Shadow Yoshi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:13 PM

Why did you bump a topic that was 3 years old?

#12 .JacktheLad.

.JacktheLad.

sex drugs and sausage rolls

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:?

Achievements

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:24 PM

oh yeah. my bad! must have been flicking through the pages and didnt notice the age of this post.

sorry