#1 the_p00man

the_p00man

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 October 2002 - 06:19 AM

:D

Hey guys,

Just wondering if Lemon Juice is a good exfoliator for acne? I read it on sum website and i'm considering trying it. Also does anybody know if the Clean and Clear face wash good too?

[/img][/url]

#2 the_p00man

the_p00man

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 October 2002 - 06:39 AM

Sorry let me explain about how the lemon juice is used, heres the extract I got form www.absoluteacneinfo.com

::::Natural Exfoliate
Tomato or lemon(actually any citric fruit) are excellent natural exfoliates. They act as a natural sloughing treatment to remove dead skin cells from the clogged pores. My favorite is the lemon. ::::

::::Run to your fridge and get ready. Here's what you need to do. Wash your face and rinse thoroughly. Squeeze a fresh lemon into a small bowl and put the juice on a cotton ball. Apply cotton ball to face. Repeat soaking of cotton ball in lemon juice as needed. Let lemon juice dry on face for about 10 minutes then rinse with cool water. The lemon juice should make your face sting or mildly burn. If you have sensitive skin you may wish to dilute juice with water. Follow this procedure one to two times per day and you will notice amazing results within 14 days. :::::

Has anyone tried this I would like to know, the site also says that you could use vinegar. Please help me. :?

#3 Guest_fatman_uk_*

Guest_fatman_uk_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 03 October 2002 - 08:39 AM

Mildly burn? Jeeez, when i did it i was in PURE AGONY. Then again i seem to be allergic to lemon when i eat or drink it so maybe my skin is too?

Either way, at least try it, worst that could happen is it not workin, then all uve lost is price of a lemon.

-Gaz

#4 garkee83

garkee83

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, reading novels.

Posted 03 October 2002 - 09:18 AM

Well...[size=18]lemon juice. The main ingredient in a lemon that they claimed is potential to be an exfoliator is citric acid. This acid will exfoliate dead skin cell and reveal new skin. However, you still need to know where is the lemon cultivated. As if the lemon is cultivated in a more acidic soil, then it would produce a >pH juice. Well...organic juice...maybe it will benefic our skin but yet..it would be too strong for some people especially those who owned sensitive skin.

There are many things around as that is useful and potential to become good healing stuff for acne..BUT it would take a long long time . Aloe vera, chamomile, allantoin, lavender, tea tree oil, and so on..

Test for allergic reaction before use....

god bless you all,
cheers,
garkee2002 :wink:

#5 evesun

evesun

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 April 2003 - 08:55 PM

Is honey good for acne ? Lemon juice stink my face!OuCh :)

#6 newcastlegirl

newcastlegirl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:country and Christ and MUSIC!!

Posted 20 April 2003 - 07:46 AM

My naturopath recommended honey to help dry up acne and it really works, kinda messy. You can put it with bentonite clay (cheap at h.f. store) or just put it on in a thin coat plain. Helps alot, very gentle, no sting just sticky. Leave on 10-15 minutes.
Karen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users