Photo

Best moisturizer while on accutane

makeup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 Noroshi

Noroshi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2006 - 02:01 PM

I am on my 22nd dose of accutane I think and I now how a couple of small dry patches on the face 2 to be exact. My moisturizer is great when wearing makeup over it but I need something thicker for night time application. Can anyone suggest a thick moisturizer that doesn't feel oily and doesn't end up clogging my pores?
Thanks
-Noroshi

#2 -Wonderwall-

-Wonderwall-

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2006 - 02:06 PM

I'm trying to find a mosturizer that is good to use makeup over...may i ask what you are using???

#3 beentheredonethat

beentheredonethat

Ribbit!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2006 - 02:14 PM

Cetaphil cream is a nice heavy moisturizer that shouldn't clog your pores. Moving this to the Accutane area for more replies.

#4 Noroshi

Noroshi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2006 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE(wonderwall28 @ Dec 4 2006, 12:06 PM) View Post

I'm trying to find a mosturizer that is good to use makeup over...may i ask what you are using???

Now that i have no oil production from the medicine I use Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture "Sensitive Skin"(purple rectangle on the front). I dont have to wear foundation on my forehead anymore but I sweep some powder over it and the moisturizer is just right for help the powder set. But it isn't too thick so I can wear it under my foundation without it being noticeable.
When I was oily I would wear one from the same line from Neutrogena but it was the pink or blue rectangle on the front. It was a thinner formula sorry I can't remember it was something like "oily and dry skin or something like that. [font=Tahoma]

#5 Beauty Bot

Beauty Bot

Accutane - miracle drug.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me

Posted 04 December 2006 - 02:49 PM

if you're in the US, cetaphil (or the no name one that has the same ingredients and is way cheaper).... if you're in Canada, complex15 or cetaphil.

#6 boots

boots

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2006 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE(Noroshi @ Dec 4 2006, 03:01 PM) View Post

I am on my 22nd dose of accutane I think and I now how a couple of small dry patches on the face 2 to be exact. My moisturizer is great when wearing makeup over it but I need something thicker for night time application. Can anyone suggest a thick moisturizer that doesn't feel oily and doesn't end up clogging my pores?
Thanks
-Noroshi

I'm on accutane right now..prior to accutane i used cetaphyl and i looked all gross and greasy neutral.gif and my makeup melted off. (gross!!!!!!)
However, when i apply the cetaphyl now its perfect for dry skin and i dont look greasy or anything

#7 AKcanada

AKcanada

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2006 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE(Noroshi @ Dec 4 2006, 03:01 PM) View Post

Thanks
-Noroshi

kiehl's sodium PCA moisturizer is a freaking godsend. it feels rich and soothing but won't clog your pores... one of its ingredients is a small amount of retinyl palmitate (vitamin a) which keeps your pores clear while it moisturizes your skin. i loooove it, it feels amazing. it's perfect for under foundation too.

#8 chicagokate

chicagokate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2006 - 08:17 PM

I feel like Cetephyl hasnt' been thick enough for me... I apply it multiple times a day and still have dry patches!

#9 Sabra

Sabra

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2006 - 09:11 PM

Are you using the lotion or the cream, Kate? The lotion wasn't doing it for me, so I switched to the cream on my doctor's advice. I use a bit of aquaphor on stubborn flaky spots.

#10 Guest_FearlessBunnyLove_*

Guest_FearlessBunnyLove_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE(beentheredonethat @ Dec 4 2006, 02:14 PM) View Post

Cetaphil cream is a nice heavy moisturizer that shouldn't clog your pores. Moving this to the Accutane area for more replies.

I love this stuff. I have to use a primer with it though. It look horrible if I just use cetaphil and my makeup, but if I let it sink in and then apply a primer and then my makeup it works wonderfully.

#11 chicagokate

chicagokate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 December 2006 - 11:27 AM

Thanks Sabra I will have to try the cream smile.gif

#12 Noroshi

Noroshi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 December 2006 - 11:34 AM

I guess majority says cetaphil so cetaphil it is. Will pick some up tonight and lather it on prior to bed, Thanks again guys!