Photo

Best moisturizer while on accutane

makeup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 Noroshi

Noroshi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2006 - 02:01 PM

I am on my 22nd dose of accutane I think and I now how a couple of small dry patches on the face 2 to be exact. My moisturizer is great when wearing makeup over it but I need something thicker for night time application. Can anyone suggest a thick moisturizer that doesn't feel oily and doesn't end up clogging my pores?
Thanks
-Noroshi

#2 -Wonderwall-

-Wonderwall-

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2006 - 02:06 PM

I'm trying to find a mosturizer that is good to use makeup over...may i ask what you are using???
Morning
Wash face in shower with Neutrogena Facial Bar
Take Vitamin E Pill
Neutrogena Body Moisturizer (when needed)
Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturize w/SPF 15

Apply Blistex Lip Medex/Chapstick Moisturizer throughout the day
Drink at least 2 Nalgene Bottles of Water a day (64 oz.)
Use Simple Saline Nasal Spray as needed

Night
Take 40mg Claravis
Take Vitamin E Pill
Neutrogena Facial Bar
Dr. Dans and Aquaphor on lips before going to sleep
Cetaphil Cream Lotion (if needed for face)

#3 beentheredonethat

beentheredonethat

Ribbit!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2006 - 02:14 PM

Cetaphil cream is a nice heavy moisturizer that shouldn't clog your pores. Moving this to the Accutane area for more replies.
Currently - all clear!
Maintaining my last Accutane course (10/05-04/06) click here for log
Yasmin on Seasonale schedule
Green Cream lvl 6
Shiseido White Lucent system
(cleanser, and SPF 16 moisturizer (no way, SPF that doesn't sting!?))

#4 Noroshi

Noroshi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2006 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE(wonderwall28 @ Dec 4 2006, 12:06 PM) View Post

I'm trying to find a mosturizer that is good to use makeup over...may i ask what you are using???

Now that i have no oil production from the medicine I use Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture "Sensitive Skin"(purple rectangle on the front). I dont have to wear foundation on my forehead anymore but I sweep some powder over it and the moisturizer is just right for help the powder set. But it isn't too thick so I can wear it under my foundation without it being noticeable.
When I was oily I would wear one from the same line from Neutrogena but it was the pink or blue rectangle on the front. It was a thinner formula sorry I can't remember it was something like "oily and dry skin or something like that. [font=Tahoma]

#5 Beauty Bot

Beauty Bot

Accutane - miracle drug.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me

Posted 04 December 2006 - 02:49 PM

if you're in the US, cetaphil (or the no name one that has the same ingredients and is way cheaper).... if you're in Canada, complex15 or cetaphil.

For every person who regrets taking Accutane, God kills a kitten.

Did they ever think that maybe their crazy made them crazy?!?!

Products: labello lip balm, Spectro jel, Dove sensitive skin soap, complex 15 face cream, Fruit of the Earth 100% aloe vera gel, everydayminerals.com makeup, Eufora hair products
MY ACCUTANE LOG
Status: CLEAR (on 10mg/day Accutane 2011) Had mod/sev & cystic acne for 16 years until tane.

#6 boots

boots

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2006 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE(Noroshi @ Dec 4 2006, 03:01 PM) View Post

I am on my 22nd dose of accutane I think and I now how a couple of small dry patches on the face 2 to be exact. My moisturizer is great when wearing makeup over it but I need something thicker for night time application. Can anyone suggest a thick moisturizer that doesn't feel oily and doesn't end up clogging my pores?
Thanks
-Noroshi

I'm on accutane right now..prior to accutane i used cetaphyl and i looked all gross and greasy neutral.gif and my makeup melted off. (gross!!!!!!)
However, when i apply the cetaphyl now its perfect for dry skin and i dont look greasy or anything

#7 AKcanada

AKcanada

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2006 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE(Noroshi @ Dec 4 2006, 03:01 PM) View Post

Thanks
-Noroshi

kiehl's sodium PCA moisturizer is a freaking godsend. it feels rich and soothing but won't clog your pores... one of its ingredients is a small amount of retinyl palmitate (vitamin a) which keeps your pores clear while it moisturizes your skin. i loooove it, it feels amazing. it's perfect for under foundation too.

#8 chicagokate

chicagokate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2006 - 08:17 PM

I feel like Cetephyl hasnt' been thick enough for me... I apply it multiple times a day and still have dry patches!

#9 Sabra

Sabra

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2006 - 09:11 PM

Are you using the lotion or the cream, Kate? The lotion wasn't doing it for me, so I switched to the cream on my doctor's advice. I use a bit of aquaphor on stubborn flaky spots.

#10 Guest_FearlessBunnyLove_*

Guest_FearlessBunnyLove_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE(beentheredonethat @ Dec 4 2006, 02:14 PM) View Post

Cetaphil cream is a nice heavy moisturizer that shouldn't clog your pores. Moving this to the Accutane area for more replies.

I love this stuff. I have to use a primer with it though. It look horrible if I just use cetaphil and my makeup, but if I let it sink in and then apply a primer and then my makeup it works wonderfully.

#11 chicagokate

chicagokate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 December 2006 - 11:27 AM

Thanks Sabra I will have to try the cream smile.gif

#12 Noroshi

Noroshi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 December 2006 - 11:34 AM

I guess majority says cetaphil so cetaphil it is. Will pick some up tonight and lather it on prior to bed, Thanks again guys!