Photo

tons of clogged pores (pictures added)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 Dipthong

Dipthong

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2006 - 05:30 AM

I've been struggling with acne for the past couple months.

I switched to a line of products, and it gave me about 70 clogged pores, they look like plugs when i stretch my skin out. It's only around my mouth. They get inflames and just turn into these pimples with a ton of gunk right under my skin, and when they become inflamed they last around a week.

It's like they're going one by one, but i've been dealing with it for months.

I started the DKR almost two months ago, and i'm seeing for little improvement. I started adding some of the products i was using when my skin was clear. I just started using differin gel again (just finished with my first week), and it's helping, but only a little. I'm reluctant to go back on my antibiotics.

I don't know what to do... these clogged pores will not go away. There are just tons of them all over my chin. My cheeks are clear, and there are a few clogged pores on my forehead, and it makes my skin look really uneven (not by tone, but by the levelness of my skin).

It's becoming very frustrating. How can I get rid of thes fucking clogged pores?

I use Cetaphil gentle cleanser, Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion/Jojoba oil, Differin gel, and I'm going to start taking my doxycycline again. I take flaxseed oil (1000mg). I use that sensitive skin aveeno shave gel, and an braun electric (when i wake up late, it doesn't irritate my skin at all).

I wash my face when I wake up, and before I go to sleep. I change my pillow cases.

I don't know what else to do... it's pissing me the fuck off. I never once used to have a problem with clogged pores till i switched to those piece of shit skintactix products. Fucking not once... i want to choke those assholes.

#2 Ueno123

Ueno123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2006 - 09:47 AM

I don't understand fully what you have, but I'd say you might benefit from a gentle exfolliating scrub, or beta hydroxy acids like Salicylic acid (or aspirin masks) since they can penetrate the pores and exfolliate. Also, never press on a clogged pore, you will cause an infection.

#3 mickey67

mickey67

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 03 December 2006 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE(Dipthong @ Dec 3 2006, 06:30 AM) View Post

I've been struggling with acne for the past couple months.

I switched to a line of products, and it gave me about 70 clogged pores, they look like plugs when i stretch my skin out. It's only around my mouth. They get inflames and just turn into these pimples with a ton of gunk right under my skin, and when they become inflamed they last around a week.

It's like they're going one by one, but i've been dealing with it for months.

I started the DKR almost two months ago, and i'm seeing for little improvement. I started adding some of the products i was using when my skin was clear. I just started using differin gel again (just finished with my first week), and it's helping, but only a little. I'm reluctant to go back on my antibiotics.

I don't know what to do... these clogged pores will not go away. There are just tons of them all over my chin. My cheeks are clear, and there are a few clogged pores on my forehead, and it makes my skin look really uneven (not by tone, but by the levelness of my skin).

It's becoming very frustrating. How can I get rid of thes fucking clogged pores?

I use Cetaphil gentle cleanser, Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion/Jojoba oil, Differin gel, and I'm going to start taking my doxycycline again. I take flaxseed oil (1000mg). I use that sensitive skin aveeno shave gel, and an braun electric (when i wake up late, it doesn't irritate my skin at all).

I wash my face when I wake up, and before I go to sleep. I change my pillow cases.

I don't know what else to do... it's pissing me the fuck off. I never once used to have a problem with clogged pores till i switched to those piece of shit skintactix products. Fucking not once... i want to choke those assholes.

Go to an esthetician that works in a dermatolotists office and get an acne facial. My insurance covers these treatments, so check in to it. They call it "acne surgery."

I had a lot of clogged pores and milia, when I started accutane. Even though I was getting clear, the clogged pores needed to be extracted. The facials helped so much, and I wasn't damaging my skin by trying to get rid of them myself.

A good esthetician will recommend products that work well at keeping the pores clear.

#4 Contained

Contained

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2006 - 07:21 PM

Don't know how ppl can't make this connection: Topical creams, lotion, or just about anything on your face will cloge your pores...I mean, how else would they get cloged?

#5 Dipthong

Dipthong

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 December 2006 - 10:37 PM

To add some more detail, I don't know if they're clogged pores, or milia, or little whiteheads, or what the difference between any of the stuff I just listed is.

Here's my face in natural sun light, I used my tongue to push out my skin to make it more defined:

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

My skin is a little bit dry, but it's nothing too serious.

I also get these bumps between my eyes. I pluck the hair between my eyebrows... solely so I can say that I have eyebrowS. Where I pluck, i get these bumps.

#6 ZoeBee

ZoeBee

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2006 - 09:46 AM

Yes these are whiteheads (aka closed comedones). I have them too in the same spots as you (side of chin). They are a REAL pain in the ass lemme tell you. I would not suggest popping them as you can risk it getting really infected and trust me you don't want that. You can either have them removed by an esthetician (not at a spa) or go out and buy some Green Cream or Diacneal by Avene which is what I've been using. I had over 20 on just one side of my chin and in just over 2 months I have only about 6 left. I must warn you though there is a purging phase (and it's brutal) but it's part of the process. Most eventually do turn into pimples anyway but some will fall off.
Good luck!

#7 nothing123

nothing123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Posted 06 December 2006 - 12:55 PM

EXACTLY what i have too...

"Green Cream or Diacneal by Avene"

is that the only thing that gets rid of them

how does a doctor "remove" them?

#8 cdior003

cdior003

ABERCROMBIE & FITCH

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2006 - 01:25 PM

Looking at the photos... those small tiny grain like bumps looks like wat i have on my forhead. I have no clue wat that is... does anybody know. ?

#9 TCat

TCat

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2006 - 01:29 PM

Looks like shaving irritation to me. Try using a wet shaver with a antibacterial shaving gel for sensitive skin, a razor with only two blades. Be sure to shave with the grain, finish with cold water. Mine was similar to yours, it was my electric razor causing it.

#10 trafalgar

trafalgar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2006 - 01:42 PM

Your acne is very similar to mine, which I developed about a year ago. Like you, my problem is mostly clogged pores around the chin area, that eventually turn into inflamed pimples.

I tried many over-the-counter products in the beginning, namely stuff with salycylic acid in it because in the past it worked well for me. However, those didn't work anymore, I guess they weren't strong enough. I also tried the DKR, but in my experience BP doesn't get rid of clogged pores. It may make them less noticeable because it dries your skin out and makes it more taut, but when the dryness goes away you still have those clogged pores.

You say you have bumps between your eyebrows when you pluck. Do they appear after you've plucked or were they there to begin with? In my case, I find irritation either results in me getting clogged pores or makes them develop into inflamed pimples. Over the summer I got a bunch of bumps on my cheeks - which I never had a problem with before - because of a harsh cleanser I used that really irritated my skin. It's possibe the irritation from the skintactix product you were using caused your problem. If you think you broke out from irritation, then plucking your eyebrows might be irritating your skin, hence the bumps. In this case, you could try softening the skin beforehand by applying a warm towel to the area or plucking after a shower. Afterward make sure you moisturize.

As for the clogged pores on you chin, I saw my doctor and he prescribed me a tretinoin cream (generic Retin-A) 0.1%. I've been using it for almost two months and am starting to see results. Most of the clogged pores have disappeared, however they turned into inflamed pimples first. Once the pimples gone, my skin is smooth, with no bumps though. The differin might not be strong enough, you might want to ask for a stronger retinoind. Be prepared for those clogged pores of yours to turn into pimples, however the doxycycline might lessen the severity of the initial breakout.

Good luck!

#11 oli

oli

red_devil

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2006 - 04:13 PM

Ive got exactly the same as you. Theres no point in buying all this gear to treat that. Everytime i get them i pop them then wash my face, I do this roughly once every 2 weeks. It might leave slight red marks for a days but at least you know they arent festering in there and growing.

#12 D0X

D0X

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2006 - 07:18 PM

Where can Green Cream or Diacneal by Avene be bought commercially?

#13 SemenSkinRegimen

SemenSkinRegimen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2006 - 07:35 PM

your skin looks combination (some areas oily, some normal, some dry; also oil below surface but flaky skin on top).

Classic case for accutane! a low does say 20-40 mg per day would have you clear for life in a few months. my skin looked like yours and i am good now. havent had a pimple or "sebaceous filament" in months.

#14 Little did he know

Little did he know

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2006 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE(TheyCanBeCured @ Dec 6 2006, 03:35 PM) View Post

your skin looks combination (some areas oily, some normal, some dry; also oil below surface but flaky skin on top).

Classic case for accutane! a low does say 20-40 mg per day would have you clear for life in a few months. my skin looked like yours and i am good now. havent had a pimple or "sebaceous filament" in months.

I'm relatively in the same boat as the OP, but I personally would never use accutane.
But this green creme, how long does it take to work and how regular do you take it once it's under control to keep it under control?

#15 SemenSkinRegimen

SemenSkinRegimen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2006 - 07:56 PM

why not? accutane is first line of defense for cosmetic acne in most other countries. 40 mg isotretinoin is like benzol peroxide to foreigners. its all hyped in the united states (country that invented it) because we are so litigious.

a micro dose of 10 mg every other day would even work for this guy.

#16 Little did he know

Little did he know

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2006 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE(TheyCanBeCured @ Dec 6 2006, 03:56 PM) View Post

why not? accutane is first line of defense for cosmetic acne in most other countries. 40 mg isotretinoin is like benzol peroxide to foreigners. its all hyped in the united states (country that invented it) because we are so litigious.

a micro dose of 10 mg every other day would even work for this guy.

True, but I've read and heard too much about the adverse effects of accutane on your body... as far as I'm concerned, it's an excellent acne product, but essentially poisonous in many other facets.

#17 cflow

cflow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2006 - 09:44 PM

my skin is very sensitive. i can only use bp and glycolic on my chin mainly. after i shave and after before a shower at night i put on glycolic acid toner till it dries, then bp for about 2 min. then i wash it off. doesn't clog but still exfoliates and kills bacteria. i had the same kind of pimples in the same areas you do.
not saying that will necessarily work. if you've tried something like that with no success, sorry
good luck to ya

#18 STEVEN1

STEVEN1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2006 - 09:27 PM

i use to have a bunch of these on my chin. when i used retin-a most of them cleared up. make sure to be gentle when shaving. i wash my face with Baby Wash then apply it again and shave wit hGillete sensor. then i apply joboba oil then dab it off very lightly and its been working good so far. make sure u use a aha moutrizer at night. ive noticed if i used it as aftershave it breaks me out.