Photo

Can Accutane Help to Remove Scars and Pits?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 Ashaliyah

Ashaliyah

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2006 - 01:07 AM

Hey people.Im on my 2nd week of acutane (over here it was previously was called roaccutane, now its called ISOTANE lol far out heheh) im taking 1 tablet of I20 each day and next week i start taking 2 a day, but i would just like to know if it is going to help with any scars, pits and black heads in my skin,aswell as these two red deep kinda cyst-type-things that have been there for about 1 year. I really want them to go away. My mom says that in a few months it'll take scars away too, but i just thought its only gonna stop me from breaking out. Anyone please that has been on, or is currently taking accutane let me know if it helped AT ALL with the apperance of scars, pits etc.
Thanks alot smile.gif

#2 WalkTheWire

WalkTheWire

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 November 2006 - 01:17 AM

Accutane has been known to not only help clear up your skin, but help with scars. If you have existing scars, it will help. In the future, after you have completed your course, you may need to try a skin treatment to help brush away deep scars. But while on Accutane, the skin peeling process will help. It helped me with some of my scars. I will eventually get some sort of treatment, but for right now I am pleased.

#3 Betty-Boop

Betty-Boop

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2006 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE(Walk The Wire @ Nov 22 2006, 12:17 AM) View Post

Accutane has been known to not only help clear up your skin, but help with scars. If you have existing scars, it will help. In the future, after you have completed your course, you may need to try a skin treatment to help brush away deep scars. But while on Accutane, the skin peeling process will help. It helped me with some of my scars. I will eventually get some sort of treatment, but for right now I am pleased.

Glad to here. it was the cause of my problems which I have now pretty much fixed.
I admit this org. since I joined, has made me change my hair and have my 2 last treatments done.
And changed some of my make-up too!
It helps with ideas on all sorts of stuff.
Umm you must be getting a sore ass from posting lol.gif
Just kidding. I had to get off and have a good workout on the weights, now just about bed......
I like your posts!! I was just joking around. Glad you are here!! smile.gif
Posted Image

#4 aizzuh

aizzuh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2006 - 09:37 AM

Yup! My red marks, which previously took 2-3 months to heal now take 2-3 weeks. i ges its coz ur skin peels like CRAZY on accutane.

#5 DMBsDreamGrl

DMBsDreamGrl

*Dana*

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 22 November 2006 - 12:48 PM

While you're on Accutane your skin is constantly shedding and exfoliating itself so I imagine the pits will be less deep and not as noticable.
Posted Image

#6 Ashaliyah

Ashaliyah

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 November 2006 - 09:23 PM

Ohh, awesome,just the things i wanted to hear! lol thanks a lot. I am also using bio oil at night and just rubbing them into the scars aswell as pits, and honestly, when i look into the light and tilt my face sideways, i can still see them so clearly. Its dreadful. So will accutane start taking the pits away soon, or should i have already had results if any were going to happen?

#7 STURZ10

STURZ10

Me against the world

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 November 2006 - 09:32 PM

yes everything, except blackheads-According to my derm!
Male: 135# 5ft*9in Accutane
****~MY JOURNEY THROUGH ACCUTANE~****

>Ziana Gel at Bedtime
>Sulfur Pads during the day!!!
>Solodyn antibiotic -90mg- once daily-

#8 Ashaliyah

Ashaliyah

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 November 2006 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE(STURZ10 @ Nov 23 2006, 09:32 PM) View Post

yes everything, except blackheads-According to my derm!

well if it takes the scars away thats probably the best, but does anyone really know how to get rid of blackheads, coz ive seen some grown adults with blackhead scars in their noses and i truly dont want this happening to me when im a grown adult. eusa_liar.gif eusa_hand.gif

#9 lifesux

lifesux

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 November 2006 - 12:09 AM

It does remove blackheads. lol During my first course blackheads were the first thing to go and believe me.. i had a lot. My nose was covered.

#10 The Charmed 1

The Charmed 1

Hi!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 November 2006 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE(Ashaliyah @ Nov 23 2006, 10:23 PM) View Post
Ohh, awesome,just the things i wanted to hear! lol thanks a lot. I am also using bio oil at night and just rubbing them into the scars aswell as pits, and honestly, when i look into the light and tilt my face sideways, i can still see them so clearly. Its dreadful. So will accutane start taking the pits away soon, or should i have already had results if any were going to happen?

Omg, the same thing with me. 2 years ago within a matter of months between using emu oil and super cp serums, glycolic acid and 20% salycylic acid peel, i successfully managed to vanish the slight rolling scars i had on the sides of my cheeks.I never had to worry about them since. But now i am in my 11th week of accutane and they seem to have reappeared from the depths of hell.And they look worse to now then i remember having them.

I hope it goes back after my course. Also i am applying tri reduction only on that area with some emu oil every other night thru the remainder of my accutane course.. i hope this is a good idea eusa_pray.gif
If anyone has any advice or thoughts about this please add..do tell.

Female
Cystic acne
Started Accutane Sept.7th 2006
As of February 07.I am done with accutane and am clear.

Update: July 2007
Skin is oily again but not 1 pimple
Update: Scars: apples of cheek pock marks and rolling scars & one huge box scar!
Feeling: eeh

Update: 2013

Wow, its's been 6 years since I have been to this site. Lot's of changes.

popcorn.gif

#11 Wəəgəə

Wəəgəə

derp

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 November 2006 - 02:42 PM

My scars seem to look worse on accutane. Redness is a bitch, and I've noticed cort shots giving me dark red ice picks.. My skin peels so much but its not doing anything other than taking away the color in my face (the good color, doesnt take away the red doubt.gif ) and make everything flaky and disgusting.

woohoo
....................__
............./´¯/'..'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
.............\..............(

#12 aizzuh

aizzuh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 November 2006 - 08:31 PM

I am on DAY 37 of accutane... First few weeks my blackheads were more noticeable.. it was like they were being pushed out of my pores! (on my nose) It looked horrid. Now they're gone! ahaha.

And red marks take so little time to go away. Around 2-3 weeks.

I still get pimples, but they are small. I've stopped getting those painful cysts!!! And they are less frequent. I am very happy with my skin. Almost clear at day 37!!! biggrin.gif

#13 Ashaliyah

Ashaliyah

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 November 2006 - 01:50 AM

Good news.....SKIN IS IMPROOVING biggrin.gif