http://www.wistv.com...y.asp?S=5591221

#2 doggydogg

doggydogg

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 November 2006 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE(Zahnza @ Nov 3 2006, 11:55 PM) View Post

It looks like the same thing as fraxel, by a competing laser company. It looks like it might be cheaper though.

#3 brookeugogirl

brookeugogirl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 November 2006 - 01:16 PM

I started a thread about this laser a while back. Didn't get much feedback. I'm interested in this laser because there's no dye and no tips to worry about.
IF you try this, would you please keep us posted...

#4 Jaxin

Jaxin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 November 2006 - 01:02 AM

I know in the Sacromento area the pixel laser has caught on with a few Derms. I call around and try score some helpful info.

#5 Laura123

Laura123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 November 2006 - 05:01 AM

Lasers are becoming big again since fraxel, seems so many more people are willing to have them. Please contribute to my thread on Lumenis Active FX laser if you have heard anything about this!

#6 Laura123

Laura123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 November 2006 - 05:28 AM

I just read a few articles on The Harmony Laser....is it based on the same process as fraxel? (the same type of laser)

It's hard to keep up.......my one option of frxel has now turned into 3 I think!

#7 melb666

melb666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 November 2006 - 05:55 AM

i had a look at the link.

the main difference in technology i can see is that this harmony laser uses CO2 whereas fraxel is erbium-based

in terms of effects, it seems that harmony shows benefit more quickly after treatment - they're quoting 5 days and that possibly only 1 treatment is necessary. but they also say the effects 'can last several years'. does this imply the results both come AND GO more quickly with harmony?

finally the uses/conditions treated seem slightly different. is harmony actually a scar treatment? they seem to mention more superficial skin lesions - fine lines, ageing effects etc.

#8 Laura123

Laura123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 November 2006 - 06:06 AM

I too noticed they mention more superficial problems.....?!

So it this more like Lumenis Active FX as that is a co2 'fractional' laser.

#9 zazi

zazi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 November 2006 - 07:20 AM

I am going to try this.
It is 1/4 the price of fraxel and is supposed to be more effective. I don't have bad scarring just a few shallow scras here and there.... my main problem is clogged pores and oily skin.
WIll let you know how it turns out for me.

#10 doggydogg

doggydogg

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 November 2006 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE(melb666 @ Nov 6 2006, 05:55 AM) View Post

i had a look at the link.

the main difference in technology i can see is that this harmony laser uses CO2 whereas fraxel is erbium-based

in terms of effects, it seems that harmony shows benefit more quickly after treatment - they're quoting 5 days and that possibly only 1 treatment is necessary. but they also say the effects 'can last several years'. does this imply the results both come AND GO more quickly with harmony?

finally the uses/conditions treated seem slightly different. is harmony actually a scar treatment? they seem to mention more superficial skin lesions - fine lines, ageing effects etc.

I don't think this is right. the harmony laser is the same thing as the fraxel, it is erbium based as well. Check out this link which says exactly this.

http://www.almalaser...el_overview.jsp

It is just another form of the fraxel laser by another company. the other laser which a poster mentioned is CO2 based (Luminus) so im sure its different from fraxel.

#11 Laura123

Laura123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 November 2006 - 01:28 PM

Yea Dr Seckel really seems to dislike fraxel, he said the Lumenis is a good option.

At the moment I'm having monthly dermabrasions and using retin a micro. I will have a series of Laser Genesis treatments to improve my nose colour (too red) and possibly it will help my pores after the 6 months. Then I will asess if I still feel a I need fraxel or such a laser.

#12 Torontoguy

Torontoguy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 November 2006 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE(Laura123 @ Nov 11 2006, 02:28 PM) View Post

Yea Dr Seckel really seems to dislike fraxel, he said the Lumenis is a good option.

At the moment I'm having monthly dermabrasions and using retin a micro. I will have a series of Laser Genesis treatments to improve my nose colour (too red) and possibly it will help my pores after the 6 months. Then I will asess if I still feel a I need fraxel or such a laser.

Yes, I once e-mailed Dr. Seckel on his website and he also recommended laser genesis because it's a Non-Ablative laser; however, if you go to different clinics they will usually recommend IPL over Laser Genesis because for the same amount of money they say that IPL is more effective and better for redness. That's what one place told me.

#13 Laura123

Laura123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 November 2006 - 02:19 PM

I've read a lot of rosacea forums......IPL sounds pretty harsh actually. And some people have had really good results with the laser genesis. I don't have rosacea just a little redness that I would like gone. It's been there since I was young so it's not irritation based. I'm gonna stick with the genesis i think......then take it from there

#14 SkyRain

SkyRain

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2006 - 05:21 PM

Wow. Great to find this topic.

I just went to the doctor yesterday to talk about removing a mole. After that, he asked me if I had any other questions and I just brought up the issue of my acne scars. They're not deep but there are little icepick scars that make my nose and cheeks look rough. I also have enlarged pores. He told me that he has this new Pixel Laser system in and that it could do wonders for my skin. He suggested a total of six treatments at about $300 Canadian each. He said he would use the more powerful setting on my skin and that the changes would be permanent - aside from the usual lines, etc., that will appear as I age.

I'm very intrigued and told him that I'd think about it. I like the idea that it's painless and no anesthetic or blue dye is needed. Apparently it takes very little time and your skin won't look too bad in public as it heals.

I'm definitely interested in any of your results. If I get it done, I will post my results too.

#15 SoLvn

SoLvn

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 November 2006 - 09:50 PM

I had some look through Harmony pixel laser (HPL) and fraxel pixel laser (FPL). Here are some info i got from them:
1. About pixels: HPL delivers 49 to 81 pixels on the zone 11x11 mm while FPL dilivers 1,000 to 2,000 pulses in each square centimeter.
2. Both of them are using Erbium laser technology.
3. Deep: The newest Fraxel SR1500 can penetrate up to 1.0 millimeters (1000microns) below the skin surface. While HPL can only penetrate 20-50 microns, and in three passes per treatment it can penetrate up to 150 microns (according to the manufacturer).

I have many deep ance scars. I done the first harmony pixel laser on 24 november. My doctor took some image. i'll post those after the third treatment because at this time my scar doesn't show any improvement.

i search for fraxel laser treatment, any there is only one place for that. And the prices is hefty $700/visit vs $45/visit for HPL (2 different hospital). They said because this is the very first fraxel laser machine in my country.

http://www.biospectr...1106AUS2142.asp
http://www.bcm.edu/d...logy/?PMID=2331
http://www.almalaser...a...0&prodnav=1
http://www.reliant-t...resurfacing.cfm

#16 eddie187

eddie187

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2007 - 10:23 AM

so any updates

#17 brookeugogirl

brookeugogirl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 January 2007 - 11:15 AM

yes, I'm very interested in this laser. I'm actually trying to find a doctor in NY or even NJ (may even consider Connecticut) who uses this laser. I like that there's no tip to be concerned about.

Happy New Year everyone!

#18 Nancy Marie

Nancy Marie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2007 - 05:42 PM

The Pixel laser treatment is painless and seems to be much more effective than Fraxel, because the Pixel is the exact same wavelength (2940) as the erbium laser that is used for full face resurfacing.
The Pixel resurfaces a portion of the face - the Fraxel does not. Plus Fraxel hurts so bad that most docs can never increase the energy enough to be truly effective.
I have 2 friends who have had several Fraxel treatments. None of them noticed any improvement except for improved texture. All of them noticed improvement in their acne scars with just 1 treatment!

#19 doodlebug

doodlebug

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2007 - 02:47 PM

Hi Nancy Marie - In your post you said "all of them noticed improvement in their acne scars with just 1 treatment" - do you mean, just one treatment with the Pixel laser? Thanks!

#20 Nancy Marie

Nancy Marie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2007 - 05:52 PM

Yes they did notice improvement in their acne scars with just one treatment of the Pixel laser. They could see the difference, their friends noticed the difference, and they could see significant changes in their pictures after just 1 treatment. Most of them are going to have more done.

This Pixel laser also erases under eye lines and many lines & wrinkles on the face with 1 treatment.