Photo

Programs that help pay for Accutane??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 wutup1248

wutup1248

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 October 2006 - 02:35 PM

I have been trying to get on accutane for my acne problem for some time now and i was able to get a prescription. The problem now is that i cannot affoard it because I am just a college student out on my own....no insurance only medicare. Anyway is there any program that helps pay for accutane...my derm told me its about 10 dollars per pill and I sure as hell cannot pay that. I have tried looking for programs but both PPA and the Accutane Manufacturer do not provide programs to help pay for it. Help me?

#2 Andi

Andi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 October 2006 - 03:27 PM

I'm pretty sure that other than insurance, there aren't any other programs to help pay for it.
I don't know what your situation is like with your parents, but if they have insurance, isn't there some kind of thing where if your child is still in college (even if they're over 18) that they can still be insured?
If that's the case, then maybe you can go through theirs?

I might just be really stupid and be thinking about car insurance though, doh!

What if you were to get a job somewhere that offered medical insurance, even for part time?

#3 wutup1248

wutup1248

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 October 2006 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE(Andi @ Oct 30 2006, 01:27 PM) View Post

I'm pretty sure that other than insurance, there aren't any other programs to help pay for it.
I don't know what your situation is like with your parents, but if they have insurance, isn't there some kind of thing where if your child is still in college (even if they're over 18) that they can still be insured?

What if you were to get a job somewhere that offered medical insurance, even for part time?

No my parents dont have insurance..... How much is insurance if you were to pay for it yourself?? Anyway i dont want to ask my parents for money becuase i know they are in an financial bind so i dont want to put the burden of paying for accutane on them. I seriously need accutane though because my acne is at its worst right now and i am now taking like 6 ant-bodict pills a day with an anti-bodic foam to put on at night. Yes 6 pills, my derm told me to take that much.

Also what kind of job that is part time that offer health insurance?? Ive never heard of such a thing and beside i can only get a job near where i live because i currently have no car eusa_wall.gif eusa_wall.gif eusa_wall.gif eusa_wall.gif

#4 JR86

JR86

I've gotta go, i cut my foot earlier and my shoe is filling

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 October 2006 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE(wutup1248 @ Oct 30 2006, 07:18 PM) View Post

QUOTE(Andi @ Oct 30 2006, 01:27 PM) View Post

No my parents dont have insurance..... How much is insurance if you were to pay for it yourself?? Anyway i dont want to ask my parents for money becuase i know they are in an financial bind so i dont want to put the burden of paying for accutane on them. I seriously need accutane though because my acne is at its worst right now and i am now taking like 6 ant-bodict pills a day with an anti-bodic foam to put on at night. Yes 6 pills, my derm told me to take that much.

Also what kind of job that is part time that offer health insurance?? Ive never heard of such a thing and beside i can only get a job near where i live because i currently have no car eusa_wall.gif eusa_wall.gif eusa_wall.gif eusa_wall.gif

i think starbucks offers health insurance to it's employees. or you may be able to get insured through your school. i think insurance from my school is like $900/year.

#5 Guest_Locked In Grace_*

Guest_Locked In Grace_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 30 October 2006 - 06:47 PM

I'm from Australia. Just picked up a prescription which contains 2 months of Accutane (Roche branded). It cost me $7.10. Pretty good deal, especially after looking at what some Americans have to pay.

#6 JR86

JR86

I've gotta go, i cut my foot earlier and my shoe is filling

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 October 2006 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE(Locked In Grace @ Oct 30 2006, 07:47 PM) View Post

I'm from Australia. Just picked up a prescription which contains 2 months of Accutane (Roche branded). It cost me $7.10. Pretty good deal, especially after looking at what some Americans have to pay.

that's probably with insurance.

#7 wutup1248

wutup1248

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 October 2006 - 11:21 PM

Well does medicare even cover or hlep pay for accutane?????????

Also if i cant get name brand is getting generic brand okay for accutane?

#8 beentheredonethat

beentheredonethat

Ribbit!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me

Posted 31 October 2006 - 08:07 AM

You could try a medical loan. Capital One has a medical loan program that might work, although the interest rate is insane.
Currently - all clear!
Maintaining my last Accutane course (10/05-04/06) click here for log
Yasmin on Seasonale schedule
Green Cream lvl 6
Shiseido White Lucent system
(cleanser, and SPF 16 moisturizer (no way, SPF that doesn't sting!?))

#9 Beauty Bot

Beauty Bot

Accutane - miracle drug.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 October 2006 - 08:39 AM

QUOTE(Locked In Grace @ Oct 30 2006, 07:47 PM) View Post

considering the topic here, it was pretty mean to shove it in their face what you pay. Since you only paid $7, want to send wutup1248 some money? Or maybe just send him a picture with you laughing at him while you take your accutane? rolleyes.gif

For every person who regrets taking Accutane, God kills a kitten.

Did they ever think that maybe their crazy made them crazy?!?!

Products: labello lip balm, Spectro jel, Dove sensitive skin soap, complex 15 face cream, Fruit of the Earth 100% aloe vera gel, everydayminerals.com makeup, Eufora hair products
MY ACCUTANE LOG
Status: CLEAR (on 10mg/day Accutane 2011) Had mod/sev & cystic acne for 16 years until tane.

#10 dollyapples

dollyapples

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 31 October 2006 - 03:17 PM

This might sound silly. Forgive me if it does, but isn't Medicare for elderly people? I've always been told it's for retired people.

Try looking into Welfare. I have a couple of family members on that insurance. No one is denied of it, well people that have hard financial stability aren't denied from it. It has better insurance coverages than a lot of other insurances. I'm paying nearly $200 a month on health insurance and my insurances are refusing to pay for my blood tests and pay my doctor very little money. The Welfare insurance pays for everything and it covers the patients very well.
[quote]Youth is the regret of maturity.

My Current Daily Regimen

Morning
Wash my face with Dove Unscented Moisturizing Lotion
Avon ANEW Retroactive Eye Cream
Avon ANEW Retroactive Day Defense Moisturizer with SPF 15

Night time
Same face wash
Same eye cream
Moisturizer- Avon Anew Retroactive Repair Cream

*Take 40 mg Amnesteem after my dinner so I can have a *full* meal inside my tummy
*Make-up- I use MAC studio fix powder/foundation (compact)
*For dry lips- Vaseline
*Vitamin E 1000 IU's taken in the AM.

Started Amnesteem on March 15, 2006
Month 1) 40mg's
Month 2) 40mg's
Month 3) 40mg's
Month 4) 40mg's
Month 5) 40mg's
Month 6) 40mg's
Month 7) 40 mg's

My Amnesteem Adventure came to an end on October 30, 2006!

Dolly's Adventure With Accutane Log

#11 AEBernero23

AEBernero23

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 October 2006 - 04:48 PM

I don't know what your financial situation is like. I assume that it's not great cause you're a student, but I have a suggestion. You'd be surprised at how cheap (relatively speaking) you can get yourself some insurance for. Check out Blue Cross. Look into their individual plans. I got myself insurance specifically so that I could afford the accutane. It costs me $75 a month (I have the PPO -- I think the HMO is cheaper). It also costs me $10 a month for the generic accutane. So for $85 you get the drug and it cost a whole heck of lot less than if you didn't have the insurance. Plus, then you get your visits covered as well. If you can find a way to set aside some money for the insurance, then you'd be golden. Just my two cents!!!! Hope it helps. If you have any questions hit me up.

QUOTE(dollyapples @ Oct 31 2006, 01:17 PM) View Post

This might sound silly. Forgive me if it does, but isn't Medicare for elderly people? I've always been told it's for retired people.

Try looking into Welfare. I have a couple of family members on that insurance. No one is denied of it, well people that have hard financial stability aren't denied from it. It has better insurance coverages than a lot of other insurances. I'm paying nearly $200 a month on health insurance and my insurances are refusing to pay for my blood tests and pay my doctor very little money. The Welfare insurance pays for everything and it covers the patients very well.

Hey There -- I read that you're paying nearly $200 a month and my heart jumped out of my chest. I replied above about Blue Cross and I'm not kidding -- I pay $75 a month for an individual PPO. You should check it out. I hate to see people pay more than they have to. Plus my insurance covers all my lab and visit fees. I pay a $40 copay when I vist the doc and that's it. ;0)
Amanda

#12 wutup1248

wutup1248

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 October 2006 - 09:27 PM

Dude Medicare is the health insurance plan for people on welfare. I am on my parents medicare plan and yeah my parents are on welfare. I dont think it pays for it though because i use to need braces and it took the medicare people a loooooooong ass time to finnaly approve me and get me to an othadontist.

#13 dollyapples

dollyapples

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 October 2006 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE(AEBernero23 @ Oct 31 2006, 05:48 PM) View Post

I don't know what your financial situation is like. I assume that it's not great cause you're a student, but I have a suggestion. You'd be surprised at how cheap (relatively speaking) you can get yourself some insurance for. Check out Blue Cross. Look into their individual plans. I got myself insurance specifically so that I could afford the accutane. It costs me $75 a month (I have the PPO -- I think the HMO is cheaper). It also costs me $10 a month for the generic accutane. So for $85 you get the drug and it cost a whole heck of lot less than if you didn't have the insurance. Plus, then you get your visits covered as well. If you can find a way to set aside some money for the insurance, then you'd be golden. Just my two cents!!!! Hope it helps. If you have any questions hit me up.

Hey There -- I read that you're paying nearly $200 a month and my heart jumped out of my chest. I replied above about Blue Cross and I'm not kidding -- I pay $75 a month for an individual PPO. You should check it out. I hate to see people pay more than they have to. Plus my insurance covers all my lab and visit fees. I pay a $40 copay when I vist the doc and that's it. ;0)

Wow, $75 a month and covers for everything? That's pretty good. I will definitely look into that. I have American Medical Insurance. It's a bogus insurance plan. Thanks for the information!

Be careful with insurance companies. Unfortunately, some insurance companies won't sign you on an insurance policy if you have pre-existing conditions which isn't fair. Before my insurance company signed me on, they did a medical/ insurance background check to see if I visited a derm in the past two years, which I haven't. If I did see one, I wouldn't be allowed to be covered for any acne treatments until I passed the 90 day period. It's ridiculous but that's our insurance companies these days. That's why I suggested an insurance policy for Welfare because I heard from several sources they're better than the policy I have which I'm paying an arm and a leg for. Good luck!

About Medicare, you'll have to forgive me for thinking it was only for the elderly because the only time I heard it mentioned on the tele, old people were advertizing it, along with Wilford Brimley. (spelling??) lol
[quote]Youth is the regret of maturity.

My Current Daily Regimen

Morning
Wash my face with Dove Unscented Moisturizing Lotion
Avon ANEW Retroactive Eye Cream
Avon ANEW Retroactive Day Defense Moisturizer with SPF 15

Night time
Same face wash
Same eye cream
Moisturizer- Avon Anew Retroactive Repair Cream

*Take 40 mg Amnesteem after my dinner so I can have a *full* meal inside my tummy
*Make-up- I use MAC studio fix powder/foundation (compact)
*For dry lips- Vaseline
*Vitamin E 1000 IU's taken in the AM.

Started Amnesteem on March 15, 2006
Month 1) 40mg's
Month 2) 40mg's
Month 3) 40mg's
Month 4) 40mg's
Month 5) 40mg's
Month 6) 40mg's
Month 7) 40 mg's

My Amnesteem Adventure came to an end on October 30, 2006!

Dolly's Adventure With Accutane Log

#14 wutup1248

wutup1248

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 November 2006 - 03:09 PM

umm i respond to the welfare insurance plan on my last post

#15 wutup1248

wutup1248

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 November 2006 - 09:25 PM

bump?

#16 wutup1248

wutup1248

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 November 2006 - 06:54 PM

?? so there are no programs?

#17 beentheredonethat

beentheredonethat

Ribbit!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 November 2006 - 07:20 PM

The programs that once existed have been shut down. Your options are - insurance, or a loan.
Currently - all clear!
Maintaining my last Accutane course (10/05-04/06) click here for log
Yasmin on Seasonale schedule
Green Cream lvl 6
Shiseido White Lucent system
(cleanser, and SPF 16 moisturizer (no way, SPF that doesn't sting!?))

#18 wutup1248

wutup1248

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 November 2006 - 11:45 PM

*Sigh* I guess there is not other way

Thanks anway people who have respond!!