whitehead whiteheads

3 replies to this topic

#1 ZoeBee

ZoeBee

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 October 2006 - 12:54 PM

I have an appointment at the end of november with the derm and am hoping to address this whitehead issue that envaded my life totally unexpectedly just over a month ago. Has anyone had whiteheads removed either by the derm or by themselves using the comedonal remover instrument thingy????

Can you tell me about your experience? Good, bad? How long before everything healed up?

Thanks!!
My current regimen:

AM
Cleanse with Avene Cleanance
Moisturize with Complex 15 only on dry areas

PM
Exfoliate with Paula's Choice 2% BHA gel (only 3x a week)
Diacneal
Tricyclen BCP

*Advil daily one week prior to menstruation
*drink lots of water all througout the day and stay away from pop.
*use mainly mineral makeup
NOTE: I totally stopped using BP as a spot treatment because it just dries the pimple out TOO much and the skin around it. The flakes end up looking worse than the pimple and it's impossible to cover. Plus it leaves a mark.

#2 ZoeBee

ZoeBee

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 November 2006 - 06:56 PM

BUMP
My current regimen:

AM
Moisturize with Complex 15 only on dry areas

PM
Exfoliate with Paula's Choice 2% BHA gel (only 3x a week)
Diacneal
Tricyclen BCP

*Advil daily one week prior to menstruation
*drink lots of water all througout the day and stay away from pop.
*use mainly mineral makeup
NOTE: I totally stopped using BP as a spot treatment because it just dries the pimple out TOO much and the skin around it. The flakes end up looking worse than the pimple and it's impossible to cover. Plus it leaves a mark.

#3 jamo

jamo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 November 2006 - 02:29 AM

I havent used a special tool thing, but I have used a tisue to remove the 'gunk'. I've found if you try to limit the number you do decide to 'remove' it does help keep your skin in good condition in the long term. Also, if you are to remove your whiteheads, leave some blood over the open pore. I've found once the blood scabbs over, it helps prevent infection and allows the pore to heal quicker. If you decide to do this, ensure you use the VERY EDGE of the corner of a tissue to soak up any sebum that lies with the blood.- The sebum will be an orange/yellow colour and will be seperate from the blood.

#4 Guest_ANajmi85_*

Guest_ANajmi85_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 05 November 2006 - 03:49 PM

For my whiteheads, my dermatologist uses this double ended tool. One end if pointy, but not that sharp that he uses to just put a hole in it and the other end is like a scoop. He pushes my skin down on the edges of the pimple and scoops up the puss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users