Free Personalized Advice
 Take the Quiz »
x
Photo

Amino-Plex Spray

dermabrasion chemical peel microdermabrasion tca

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
120 replies to this topic

#1 stefany

stefany

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 October 2003 - 07:22 PM

I was wondering if anyone has tried this spray after a laser treatment, chemical peel, or other facial treatment? Supposedly, it is supposed to increase collagen, increase the growth of new cells, and increase the rate of healing. I had the Oxymist spray after my microdermabrasion, but I haven't used the other home products. Check this site out:

http://www.oxymist.com

The pictures after the laser peel are amazing. Vaseline didn't seem to do much. I am planning on purchasing the Amino-Plex spray and use it after my 6th CROSS TCA treatment.

#2 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 October 2003 - 08:47 AM

Stefany - I saw this link on your TCA cross thread - have you already had it done? Whe are you due for your 6th trreatment? If you rate it, then I will get some myself since I am doing the cross treatment at home.

Thanks biggrin.gif

#3 stefany

stefany

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 October 2003 - 09:33 PM

Maya:

No, I have not had my 6th CROSS treatment yet. My Plastic Surgeon wanted me to wait 3 months because of my redness. I want to purchase this stuff, but it is about 50 bucks a bottle. I was thinking of purchasing it here:

http://www.o2outlet.... Amino-Plex.php

Will let everyone know how it works. I may start using it now just to see.

#4 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 October 2003 - 12:52 AM

That looks pretty interesting - if you get it, please let me know how it feels, I will consider buying it if you feel it improves the texture of your skin.

#5 Guest_Scorpioness_*

Guest_Scorpioness_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 02 November 2003 - 03:38 AM

I looked at that site after you mentioned having the oxymist done after your microdermabrasion in another post in another thread, and I am really interested in hearing how this product works. I won't be buying it yet until I hear some feedback from people on this board... I am already using quite a few products and alternating between them... there is no way I could fit everything I use into a daily regimen. So stefany please remember to keep posting and letting us know how it works... :-)
Hopefully it works well for hyperpigmentation after your cross treatment!

#6 stefany

stefany

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 November 2003 - 07:34 AM

Scorpion_Vixen:

Yeah I agree. I guess I will use it during the day, because I use Retin-A at night. I decided to purchase the Amino-Plex spray from this medical equipment site-----way cheaper! It is only $17.59:

http://www.etrode.co...fm/Category/210

My hope is to facilitate collagen production even more, and decrease the redness significantly. I wonder if the scabbing will come off sooner, being this is supposed to make you heal faster?

#7 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 November 2003 - 08:30 AM

Are you just going to use it after the TCA or are you going to start using it now? How much improvement have you had so far from 5 X TCA cross?

#8 stefany

stefany

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 November 2003 - 09:36 AM

Maya:

I am going to start using it now, because recollagenization can take place 3 months after CROSS up until 1 year. It can't hurt, that's for sure.

I have seen 50-60% improvement so far.

#9 Think Positive

Think Positive

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 November 2003 - 03:33 PM

Hi Stefany

After reading your post on the Amino-Plex spray I done some research on it and it sounded good.I ordered it from Etrode last Friday but UPS lost the package.Etrode is sending another package that I should receive in a day or two, hopefully.If you have received yours already,let me know what you think of it.I will report on this board what I think of the product also.

#10 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 November 2003 - 03:44 PM

I look forward to feedback biggrin.gif

#11 stefany

stefany

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 November 2003 - 05:57 PM

I received my Amino-Plex spray two days ago. I use it in the morning after exfoliation. It feels very good to the skin. I will let everyone know how I like it after a week or so.

#12 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 November 2003 - 01:02 AM

Thanks Stefany

I have emailed that site about international shipping prices and they haven't answered (it's been several days) - and when I try and locate the int'l shipping costs - it says it's something like $80 to send 1 item!! ????

If you recommend this - if I send you money or pay you via paypal, could you get me a bottle? I'll wait and see your 1/2 week update first - also, how long do you think the bottle will last?

#13 stefany

stefany

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 November 2003 - 07:13 AM

I think the bottle will last at least 60 days, but I can't be sure. It is only 1 oz, however, you do not need a whole lot. Right now I only spray on my scarred areas. I guess you can use it all over if you want. I will call that place and ask them about international shipping prices for you. If it is too much, I can get it for you if you want.

#14 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 November 2003 - 08:35 AM

Thanks Stefany biggrin.gif

#15 Guest_Scorpioness_*

Guest_Scorpioness_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 29 November 2003 - 02:02 PM

Are there any updates with this product? Stefany??
Thanks. :-)

#16 Think Positive

Think Positive

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 November 2003 - 04:52 PM

Hi Scorpion_Vixen

I have been using the Amino Plex Spray every night for 3 weeks now.I like it so much that I now use it instead of the CP serum.I put it on along with the 15% Refinity Lactic acid lotion.It really feels good when I use it after my weekly Lactic acid peel also.Hope this helps some.

#17 Guest_Scorpioness_*

Guest_Scorpioness_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 29 November 2003 - 09:15 PM

Think Positive...
Thanks for responding to my post. I am curious about this spray and would love to be able to use it to replace the CP if it is effective enough to do so.
What do you think it specifically does for your skin? Are you noticing a reduction in your scarring since using the spray? I was thinking about using it after TCA Cross which I plan to do for the first time next week.... and possibly following needling as well which I will do a month or so after my first CROSS treatment. The pictures on the website are extremely impressive. Looks like it really promotes incredible healing....

#18 Think Positive

Think Positive

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 November 2003 - 10:02 PM

Scorpion_Vixen

It is hard to say how much the the Amino Plex Spray has helped my scars in the 3 weeks I have been using it because I have only recently started doing the 40% lactic peel also.I had been using the CP serum for about 7 months and I have been using Mandelic acid every morning for 5 months.Two months ago I started using the 15% Refinity Lactic acid lotion.With this regimen,I had about a 45 to 50 % improvement of my shallow scars.In the last 6 weeks of doing the Lactic peel and using the Amino Plex spray for the last 3 weeks,I have seen about another 10% improvement.The Amino Plex feels more soothing to my skin than the CP Serum did.If you order the Amino Plex,get it from Etrode because it is so much cheaper than getting it any where else.

If you need any additional info please let me know.

#19 smilingeyes

smilingeyes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2003 - 03:05 PM

I just read the first page of this and got my answer, duh. So, never mind.

#20 Guest_Scorpioness_*

Guest_Scorpioness_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 10 January 2004 - 03:01 PM

I have been using the Amino Plex Spray for a week now and it is fabulous! Of course it is too soon to see any changes in scar depth that I can equate to using the spray. Yet my skin looks better than it has in years since I've added this into the mix.
My regimen has changed a lot lately due to trying out new products as well as adjusting to the changes in my skin.
Over two weeks ago, I did my first TCA CROSS. All of the hyperpigmentation disappeared within eight days thanks to using the Kinerase (which is my favorite product). I have noticed a 10% marked improvement in treated scarred pores with this procedure. (I know I am posting about a lot of things besides the Amino Plex Spray... I do this because it's easier than posting seperate thoughts in so many different threads.)
I took it gentle on my face a week after CROSS, and the following week, I exfoliated with curryboy's papaya soap and followed it up with Kinerase. Kinerase is awesome and I really should post about all the ways it has helped my skin. I'll get around to it...
Anyway.... the Kinerase does tend to cause a couple small whiteheads if I use it three days in a row or more. Using the Amino Plex Spray, however, I have COMPLETELY STOPPED BREAKING OUT, except for an impacted whitehead that came to the surface in a cyst like eruption.... but there has been no other breakouts at all.... which I don't think is a coincidence.
I have been using a few sprays in the morning of the Amino Plex Spray, followed by Kinerase as a moisterizer and makeup base. Washing my face at the end of the day when I layer these products is a trip... because I look in the mirror and see smooth, even toned, soft skin.... well at least compared to how it has looked for the last eleven years!
Then at night I use the Amino Plex Spray by itself.
Now, I have also been exfoliating with the microdermabrasion crystals... I love how the exfolotation can be controlled with those crystals. I have used no retin a, mandelic acid, or peels during this time. My skin looks so much better!
I want to stop using the crystals so I can give my skin a rest from all exflolitation for awhile, so I can embark on the TCA Perfecting Complex Journey... yet I just love the smooth and polished look the crystals give me when used with the Amino Plex Spray and Kinerase.... and it's hard to stop a good thing!
My only gripe about the Amino Plex Spray is the cost... In one week my bottle is half gone. I am sure I use more than I should, but this stuff is better than moisterizer. It is very healing and soothing and I'm finding the reasons for going back to copper peptides disappearing one by one....
I wish I knew what exactly was in the Amino Plex Spray so I could create my own like we do with our ALA creams.