Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Retin-A Micro - what price do you pay?

26 posts in this topic

Can those of you who buy it, what is the cost? I'm considering trying this (because retin-a is too rought for me) ..and can't find a UK site.

Thanks biggrin.gif

The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

EDIT: Maya is a former moderator but unfortunately no longer posts here.

Hi, Maya,

I pay $98.00 (U.S. money) for the Retin-A Micro Gel. I would imagine that those who have prescription plans pay a lot less. Hope this helps.

John

Wow! It's expensive.

Maya-

Try buying it out of Asia. It's usually cheaper.

What's the price? and do you have a link?

NJT - I don't understand how US prescription plans work - could you buy as many as you want for that price?

Maya,

To tell you the truth, I am not that sure myself . Each plan is so different, and my plan itself changes (i think our next change is occuring in december already). But, I don't think I can buy as many as i want. It is based on prescription, so my derm prescribed retin-a. I give that prescription to the pharmacist, and i get one tube. I think i am allowed about 4 refills by 10/04.

That's so different to the UK - anyone can get a prescription from their doc. If you are employed, it costs around $10 for each prescription (and sometimes on that 1 prescription, you can get 2 or 3 tubes!) and if you are low income or unemployed, all precriptions are free. It's part of our national health system - all tax payers contribute to it.

But.. we don't have retin-a micro in the Uk sad.gif

well, like i said, every plan's different. there may be other people o the US whose plans are different than mine also. good luck with finding it at a good price! biggrin.gif

Maya, I wish we had that kind of plan here in the States. It's rough paying full price for every med, every doctor visit, every service that has to do with one's health care... sad.gif

Maya-

I don't have a link- but perhaps our acne.org members in Asia can help you?

Weird.. I pay 23CDN(15$ US?) for a tube of Retin-a.

Maya, I live in Nottingham. I'm going to Malaysia tomorrow, for one month. If you want me to help you get the retin-a micro for you, I'd be glad to do that. However, if you want to, please tell me the brand, and percentage. And, I'm not sure if I can get it without prescription.

I'll send you a PM Wendy. Thanks!

If anyone want Retin A Micro (large tube), I have 4 tubes!! I get one Large one each month, though it seriously lasts me 3-6 months per tube.

Email or pm me.

Hey Wendy

I'm originally from Malaysia too! (But I now live in the United States). When I went back, I bought 6 tubes of Retin A by Ciba (?) or some Swiss manufacturer for less than $10 US a tube (20 gram tube I think). I take it you're going to Kuala Lumpur?

Hiyah PhilMensa, that's really cheap compared to the price in the United States. Naah, I'm going to Penang, not K.L. I'm from Malaysia too. I'm just studying in the UK, not gonna be here permanently.

Hey Wendy

Do you live in Tanjung Bungah? My aunt lives there and I will be going to visit in Feb. How long are you in UK for? I thought of going to the UK but picked the US as the exchange rate in the UK was enough to give me 3 strokes. The US is more affordable study wise.