Why do certain areas of your face break out??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_ThereIsHope_*

Guest_ThereIsHope_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 22 October 2006 - 04:40 PM

I've heard that depending on where you break out on your face depends on how healthy certain organs in your body are. Example, I heard that drinking carrot juice has helped clear up several people's forehead acne, (something to do with cleaning out the liver I think??) and I've been drinking carrot juice every night for the past month and viola! My forehead is 100% since! (still blackheads, but no BREAKOUTS, its awesome)

So why has the carrot juice cleared up my forehead acne yet my cheeks and jawline are still as bad as they have been for forever?? I've cut out dairy which seems to have helped a good bit. I dont get as many cysts at all anymore......but what organ contributes to cheek/jaw acne??

#2 Aubrey87

Aubrey87

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2006 - 04:43 PM

I've always wondered this too. My foreheads always been fine with acne. Barely anything there. I always seem to get them on my cheeks,chin and jawline. I'm not sure what organ in the body they represent. I always thought it was because my skin was much thicker in these places and had room for acne to grow underneath..I don't know I could be crazy.

#3 fiction

fiction

Boozie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2006 - 06:01 PM

Anything below your lips, i.e chin area and jawline has to do with your hormones and I think you can google organ functions and acne location, I know i've seen a facial map of what correlates with what online before, I think that the cheeks area have something to do with too much fat in the diet.

#4 xtr3m

xtr3m

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 22 October 2006 - 08:40 PM

Another huge mystery is why we get pimples in symmetrical places: sometimes one side of the face looks like a mirror reflection of the other.

#5 tdot

tdot

Meow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2006 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE(xtr3m @ Oct 22 2006, 10:40 PM) View Post

Another huge mystery is why we get pimples in symmetrical places: sometimes one side of the face looks like a mirror reflection of the other.

Yeah I get that! Symmetrical acne... how fun... I also get the chin/jawline/around the mouth acne... it's like a beard of acne... ewww. I know I've hear that it's the hormones that cause that kind of acne, but then again when I was going through puberty at 14 I didnt get any acne all the way up until 19. I have been told though by my homeopathic doctor that women go through 3 different puberies, one when we get our first period, the 2nd when we are around 20 years of age and the third around 25... but I think it depends when you got your first period. I got acne when I was 19... started getting oily skin and big pores when I never had them before WTF is up with that... ugh...

#6 Guest_Stu :-)_*

Guest_Stu :-)_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:47 AM

lol.gif 90% of us should definately have acne on the chin then but we don't. Im not disputing though. I find it very weird. Almost makes me beleiver in some of the Chakra bo***cks - energies and stuff. Scientifically if your liver is shagged why would you break out 1 cm left of your nose

#7 Apple_Blossem

Apple_Blossem

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:58 AM

When I wear a hat, I notice that I quickly get pimples along the top of my forehead where the hat rides.

If I dont wash my pillowcase, the side of my face gets clogged pores.

If I rest my chin on my hand while studying, I get HUGE pimples on my chin.

All of this is caused because the sebum is very fast to fill up in my pores, and if something is blocking the pore exit, the pores get enflamed.

But, there is a reason why my body is producing sooo much sebum, and I'm not sure yet.

I have changed my diet around so much in my life with no avail. I think I'm going to try the no bread/wheat/gluten diet on top of my near-vegan diet. Then I'll move onto something else when that diet fails tongue.gif.

#8 Miss Josette

Miss Josette

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2006 - 11:52 AM

My acne traveled. It started out on my forehead around age 10/11....stayed that way for a little while, then my cheeks began to breakout, too.

Now my forehead is the best part of my face and my cheeks are the second best part of my face. I rarely breakout in either place anymore, unless I stress long term about something or someone touches that area with dirty hands.

My spots are now located on my chin and around my mouth. I get them there during that time of the month.

#9 actionreaction

actionreaction

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2006 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE(Miss Josette @ Oct 23 2006, 12:52 PM) View Post

My acne traveled. It started out on my forehead around age 10/11....stayed that way for a little while, then my cheeks began to breakout, too.

Now my forehead is the best part of my face and my cheeks are the second best part of my face. I rarely breakout in either place anymore, unless I stress long term about something or someone touches that area with dirty hands.

My spots are now located on my chin and around my mouth. I get them there during that time of the month.

I am the same way. When I was 10 or 11 I broke out just on my forehead. About the time I was 13 or so I started getting it really bad on my cheeks (thats pretty much where all my scarring is). Then I went on Accutane twice and it cleared up both times, and then it came back on my cheeks again.

So then I got put back on antibiotics and then decided to stop. Since then I started breaking out on my forehead, and my temples are really bad also. To add too it (I am 20 now) I am breaking out all around my chin, jawline, and mouth, and I hardly get anything on my cheeks anymore. Its so crazy.

#10 wadsthepointofliving

wadsthepointofliving

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2006 - 01:07 AM

From askshelly.com-acne around eyes(cheeks) are caused by dehydration.Personally drinking 3 bags of green tea made into a 1.1litre bottle+2litres of water minimum totally cleared up my cheeks.That is until damn accutane started pushing out EVERYTHING that i had controlled in.

#11 xtr3m

xtr3m

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2006 - 01:33 AM

For one thing, it has never been demonstrated that the oiliest areas of the face get the most acne. The lesions of acne do not occur in those sites where sebum flow is most profuse but only in those areas where the outflow of sebum to the surface is blocked. The validity of this statement may be confirmed if one will look carefully at any random group of acne patients.

The largest and most productive sebaceous glands are on the nose, yet pimples on the nose are on characteristic only of very early adolescence, at a time when the remainder of the sebaceous follicles on the face are still quite inactive. As follicular development continues, sebum and pimples start to appear on the central portion of the cheeks; later they appear on the outer parts of the face and finally on the neck and back. Of particular interest is the fact that at the same time as the sides of the face become affected it is customary for the nose and central cheeks to become relatively free of lesions. Careful examination of such patients reveals that the nose and central cheeks are quite oily and shiny. They are free of active disease not because the production of sebum has lessened in those areas but because the follicles, now mature, have at last become capable of emptying themselves through adequate openings. This, in fact, is how one literally "outgrows" acne. The openings become enough to function while sebum production continues at a normal and natural rate.
http://www.pubmedcen...ageindex=2#page

#12 actionreaction

actionreaction

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2006 - 06:30 AM

QUOTE(wadsthepointofliving @ Oct 24 2006, 02:07 AM) View Post

From askshelly.com-acne around eyes(cheeks) are caused by dehydration.Personally drinking 3 bags of green tea made into a 1.1litre bottle+2litres of water minimum totally cleared up my cheeks.That is until damn accutane started pushing out EVERYTHING that i had controlled in.

I cant really believe that because I usually drink 50 to 100 ounces of water a day, and have been doing so for a while now, and I still had acne on my cheeks. But I guess for some people it true.

#13 jamo

jamo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2006 - 10:13 AM

QUOTE(actionreaction @ Oct 24 2006, 06:30 AM) View Post

QUOTE(wadsthepointofliving @ Oct 24 2006, 02:07 AM) View Post

I cant really believe that because I usually drink 50 to 100 ounces of water a day, and have been doing so for a while now, and I still had acne on my cheeks. But I guess for some people it true.

Same - I drink 4 litres of water a day and my cheeks are my worst area affected. one thing I have noticed though is that when I used to drink squash with my water my acne was less severe. Possibly due to the vitamin content in the squash.

#14 dannyg

dannyg

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2006 - 11:17 AM

I think it is somehow connected to internal organs.

My chin is, by far, my worst affected area. So... guess its the hormones.

And about the squash thing - I've seen the same thing. Checked once on my orange squash bottle and it contains Beta Carotene.

Finding internal reasons is one hell of a guessing game

#15 katethegreat

katethegreat

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2006 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE(xtr3m @ Oct 23 2006, 03:40 AM) View Post

Ah, I hate that! sad.gif It's so weird.

#16 Guest_ThereIsHope_*

Guest_ThereIsHope_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 24 October 2006 - 11:29 AM

I drink lots of water and carrot juice (beta carotene) so that isnt why my cheeks break out. Its so frustrating, my t-zone is CLEAR and my cheeks/jawline are just hell. I dont understand....

#17 kaybee

kaybee

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2006 - 11:33 AM

There are 2-3 things which made me break out near the jawline much more than other...

First of all, mouthwash seems to cause breakouts near the mouth... I can't explain why but from observations, that's what I've noticed. Possibly toothpaste might have similar effects.

In addition, chewing lots of gum containing aspartame has caused me to break out near the mouth in the past.

This might not be the full answer you're looking for, but maybe it would help

#18 LuckyMan

LuckyMan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2006 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE(xtr3m @ Oct 24 2006, 08:33 AM) View Post

For one thing, it has never been demonstrated that the oiliest areas of the face get the most acne. The lesions of acne do not occur in those sites where sebum flow is most profuse but only in those areas where the outflow of sebum to the surface is blocked. The validity of this statement may be confirmed if one will look carefully at any random group of acne patients.

The largest and most productive sebaceous glands are on the nose, yet pimples on the nose are on characteristic only of very early adolescence, at a time when the remainder of the sebaceous follicles on the face are still quite inactive. As follicular development continues, sebum and pimples start to appear on the central portion of the cheeks; later they appear on the outer parts of the face and finally on the neck and back. Of particular interest is the fact that at the same time as the sides of the face become affected it is customary for the nose and central cheeks to become relatively free of lesions. Careful examination of such patients reveals that the nose and central cheeks are quite oily and shiny. They are free of active disease not because the production of sebum has lessened in those areas but because the follicles, now mature, have at last become capable of emptying themselves through adequate openings. This, in fact, is how one literally "outgrows" acne. The openings become enough to function while sebum production continues at a normal and natural rate.
http://www.pubmedcen...ageindex=2#page

THAT'S EXCELLENT THANKS! I used to wonder why i used to get acne in centeral places, when i was younger and i thought up this theory ages ago, a simple extension of this would be once the folicules around you jawline have matured, so they will also clear up.

#19 Guest_ThereIsHope_*

Guest_ThereIsHope_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 24 October 2006 - 12:33 PM

So whats helps cheek acne?

And dont say EPO. I tried it for months and made my acne worse.

#20 EJM

EJM

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2006 - 05:18 PM

It's true that different organ problems show up in different areas of the face. last year i started breaking out really really badly on my cheeks. b4 i had only had acne in the t-zone which i was able to somewhat control. i went to my holistic doctor and she said that cheek acne shows that you have a problem in your gut. for me, all my good bacteria had been wiped out by antibiotics and lots of bad bacteria was growing there. so, i was put on natural medicines to kill the bad bacteria in addition to being put on probiotics to replace the good bacteria. the reason it flared up is b/c when i went to college, the combo of bad diet, irregular sleep and tons of stress just set it off. the new stuff has worked and my cheeks are acne free. so yeah, basiclly what's going on inside ur body is reflected by acne on ur face (for some of us unfortunate ones)

eat healthy
drink water
sleep for 7 to 8 hrs (get to bed @ 10- 10:30 b/c that's when ur body does repair work)
don't eat b4 bed so ur body can get rid of toxins
stay off antibiotics