Photo

AcneFree vs. Proactiv

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#1 AcneProne83

AcneProne83

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2006 - 03:50 PM

I've been seeing and hearing a lot about AcneFree. I'd like to know how it stacks up against Proactiv since I'm not just going to go by their website proclaiming "significantly better than Proactiv." So for all you Proactiv users is AcneFree better, worse, or the same?

#2 katethegreat

katethegreat

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2006 - 03:52 PM

I think they're both probably a load of junk. Proactiv made my skin horrible.
And you can feel the earth shake as they start to dance

#3 hellokittygirl

hellokittygirl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2006 - 03:58 PM

Yes, Proactiv is terrible...it totally dried up my skin and made it red and gave me this burning feeling. I would not recommend Proactiv...but I started using Rodan & Field Unblemish Regimen 2 years ago and have had good results from it. I know they're made by the same people that came up with Proactiv, but I guess the Unblemish is more gentle and doesn't dry up your skin as much. The only bad thing is, it's expensive...the 3 step regimen is like $85. The cleanser usually runs out much faster than the toner/moisturizer, so I always have to go out and buy the cleanser. But, it works for me, so I'm sticking with it...

#4 AcneProne83

AcneProne83

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2006 - 04:02 PM

I use Proactiv Extra Strength (7% BP in cleanser and lotion, and 2% SA in the toner) and it's been getting the job done. I do get bumps here and there but its WAY better than I was a few months ago. It isn't perfect though so I was wondering if this AcneFree would prove better.

#5 royalredus

royalredus

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2006 - 04:09 PM

I used both AcneFree and Proactiv, and both were ok, but with each one I went through phases where they didn't work for a while. I wish I could have figured out what was different about that period of time! When I first started using it, AcneFree cleanser had these great little microbeads that felt AWESOME, but the next batch I bought didn't have my beads!! Which is par for the course for me. If I like it, it'll be discontinued or re-formulated.

#6 AcneProne83

AcneProne83

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2006 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE(royalredus @ Oct 19 2006, 06:09 PM) View Post

I used both AcneFree and Proactiv, and both were ok, but with each one I went through phases where they didn't work for a while. I wish I could have figured out what was different about that period of time! When I first started using it, AcneFree cleanser had these great little microbeads that felt AWESOME, but the next batch I bought didn't have my beads!! Which is par for the course for me. If I like it, it'll be discontinued or re-formulated.

Same here with the different periods. I wish I could just remain consistently clear. The reason why the AcneFree cleansers feel different is because they're made by two different companies, so sometimes you'll feel beads in one but not the other, they claim it shouldn't make any difference.

#7 royalredus

royalredus

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2006 - 04:23 PM

Are you serious?? What the hell! lol.gif

#8 AcneProne83

AcneProne83

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2006 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE(royalredus @ Oct 19 2006, 06:23 PM) View Post

Are you serious?? What the hell! lol.gif

I know it sounds retarded LOL. I cant see why they dont just get it made all from the same place rather than having several versions floating around oh well....they also have some AcneFree Severe thats 10% BP....

#9 joej

joej

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2006 - 11:54 PM

I'ved used Proactiv for about 6 months, it was alright but it didn't do the job.

Then I found AcneFree at Costco for like half the price AND it was x2 the size of Proactiv. I think it was like $20 for 8 oz. cleanser, 8oz. toner, 4oz lotion thing.

I've used AcneFree for about a year and I love it. It's nothing miracle but it's fine for now

#10 AcneProne83

AcneProne83

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 October 2006 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE(kevinn @ Oct 20 2006, 01:54 AM) View Post

I'ved used Proactiv for about 6 months, it was alright but it didn't do the job.

Then I found AcneFree at Costco for like half the price AND it was x2 the size of Proactiv. I think it was like $20 for 8 oz. cleanser, 8oz. toner, 4oz lotion thing.

I've used AcneFree for about a year and I love it. It's nothing miracle but it's fine for now

Giving it a shot....just started last night. whistling.gif)

#11 Chomp On This

Chomp On This

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 October 2006 - 03:27 PM

AcneFree worked really well for me. I use it consistently and I dont have any pimples on my face right now.

As for ProActiv I tried it awhile ago like last year and it didnt do much, but I forgot to use it alot so thats understandable. I would definitely go with AcneFree cuz its cheaper, and seems to actually work well.
www.pncskate.com www.pncskate.com www.pncskate.com

skateboarding is like my ocd..

#12 shortyrock21

shortyrock21

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 24 October 2006 - 07:32 PM

Proactiv isn't as watery and loose and it might be better but its over priced for small bottles and won't keep your face clear.Its really only a temperary solution.But try acnefree and see if you like it because its alot cheaper and the systems are very similar.

#13 Drewby

Drewby

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 October 2006 - 09:09 PM

Ive used both

The acneFree cleanser has nothing in it so it really feels like it just sits on your face and doesnt really clean deep down.

HOWEVER the proactive cleanser has beads in it, that when rubbed actually hurt a lot aganist sensative pimples such that i have.

Acnefree=20 dollars Proactive=35 dollars
Acnefree=Avalible at local stores Proactive=Have to order

The toner and the BP lotion are pretty much the same.

Overall i do like proactiv better because the cleansar feels like its doing something other then acnefrees, however they are basically the same thing so if your really short on money acneFree is the way to go.

So sick, so sick of being tired.
And oh so tired of being sick.
We’re both such magnifacent liars.
So crush me baby, I’m all ears.
So obviously desperate, so desperatly obvious.
I’ll give in one more time and feed you stupid lines all about "cleaning up my act..."

We won’t stand for hazy eyes anymore.

YKHID-TBS

#14 brianaaa

brianaaa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 26
About Me

Posted 28 October 2006 - 11:03 PM

well ive never tried acnefree but when i used proactive [ for about a year or so ] it helped in the beginning, but made my face a lot worse towards the middle & end.

#15 Betty-Boop

Betty-Boop

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 October 2006 - 11:15 PM

Acnefree has the repair lotion that is time-released BP. 3.75% vs. 2.5 as well.
The only thing that has worked for me.
Occassionally I buy the proactive cleanser just for the beads, then wash again with AneeFree.
Proactives toner feels like there is someting left on my skin, Ancefree's feels like I am clean.
Posted Image

#16 tazorac

tazorac

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 October 2006 - 12:09 AM

i never tried acnefree..but proactiv made my skin worse then it already was...especially that dam irritating toner
[removed by sigbot--dimensions break rules]

#17 ChemDance174

ChemDance174

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 November 2006 - 09:01 AM

Hey All! I've tried Proactiv before for use on my Backne. I am 32 years old and have clear skin on my face, but break out pretty bad on my back due to my physically active lifestyle. The Proactiv was harsh on my skin and made the acne worse. I've been using the AcneFree from Sam's Club/Costco for about 1 year and have it better controlled. It by no means is completely clear, however I have significantly reduced the acne on my back.

I use a loofah with the cleanser (don't scrub) using mild pressure. Then the toner and repair lotion. I make sure I rinse out the loofah very well and change it about once a month. I dance and workout at night, therefore I shower at night. Make sure you let the lotion absorb completely before putting on clothes, because it can bleach (as I'm sure most of you know).

Now I am looking for something to clear up the dark marks all over my back. Any suggestions?
smile.gif

#18 nloo

nloo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 November 2006 - 09:21 AM

acne free sucks , when i use to use it it didnt help and i got acne scars out of it. wish i never bought it

#19 SingDanceRunLIFE

SingDanceRunLIFE

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 November 2006 - 10:19 PM

I've never used Proactiv,but I've never really heard anything good about it.

My friend suggested AcneFree,so I gave it a shot and it's my favorite cleanser I've ever used!(I only use the cleanser,not the whole system)...I noticed results in 2 days,and won't go back to anything else.

#20 tarah1234

tarah1234

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2006 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE(SingDanceRunLIFE @ Nov 21 2006, 10:19 PM) View Post

I've never used Proactiv,but I've never really heard anything good about it.

My friend suggested AcneFree,so I gave it a shot and it's my favorite cleanser I've ever used!(I only use the cleanser,not the whole system)...I noticed results in 2 days,and won't go back to anything else.

i just bought acnefree severe two days ago it seems to be working