Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Too much adrenaline in meat products - we are eating everyday

55 posts in this topic

Thank you :) I definitely need it since chemistry is not my cup of tea :P

What are we being fed??

This year, the FDA decided that "cancerous growths and pus-filled lesions" would not be removed from animal carcases because they pose no immedate health risk to humans.

In a recent study, the FDA stated that up to 15% of factory-farmed animals have bodies riddled with cancerous tumors. Up to 30% of animals had internal and external cysts and running infections that were larger than 20cm because of lack of vetrinary care. Factory farms hold 20,000-60,000 cows, pigs or chickens in one warehouse at any one time. 10% of Factory farmed animals are in such poor health that they cannot walk to the slaughter house and must be dragged with chains and ropes.

Is it really health to eat sick animals all the time?

If you would like to know more about your food in a 10 minute free movie, go to:

*Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules. *

what level chemistry (hs or uni), and what type specifically?

Chmistry for science majors. There is also a biology test, those are the major ones I have :P

What are we being fed??

This year, the FDA decided that "cancerous growths and pus-filled lesions" would not be removed from animal carcases because they pose no immedate health risk to humans.

In a recent study, the FDA stated that up to 15% of factory-farmed animals have bodies riddled with cancerous tumors. Up to 30% of animals had internal and external cysts and running infections that were larger than 20cm because of lack of vetrinary care. Factory farms hold 20,000-60,000 cows, pigs or chickens in one warehouse at any one time. 10% of Factory farmed animals are in such poor health that they cannot walk to the slaughter house and must be dragged with chains and ropes.

If you would like to know more about your food in a 10 minute free movie, go to:

I'm sorry but it's been said but this is nonsense. Please come to the rural areas and see what actually goes on. Please go see what temperatures cows survive in on free range farms becuase of that they've adapted to. Please visit a slaughterhouse and see how cows are actually killed and the time this takes to process them. This is so frustrating to me, this PETA mentality. Hey guys, people who eat red meat also die earlier. Well that's settled. It couldn't be extreme lack of exercise in the americn lifestyle? It couldn't be the lack of certain nutrients? Lack of fiber? Lack of a balanced diet? It couldn't be the stress of daily life? You know the stress that produces constant amount of adrenaline in your body? It couldn't be any of those things because they all eat red meat. You know what? They all probably eat a vast number of the same things so why not jump on that?

Please try to find me a link that show me that a person with a healthy lifestyle and who happens to eat red meat will die earlier? Not just eats red meat but someone that exercises and eats a balanced diet and is stress free and optomistic and has a great family life. If you want to single out the red meat please add in the fact that red wine, berries, peppers, hell, most fruits and veggies, exercise, low stress, etc... counter the effects of the red meat. Now please show me a study that proves that a vegan that is stressed about all the "injustices" in the world like parent abusing their kids with meat and whom is lazy as shit(There are a lot), and who never drinks even once a week will live longer than the carnivore above. I would bet my entire forutune on the first guy living longer if they both had a family history of long life.

To rely to an earlier post, if someone told me that the earth revolved around the sun, gave evidence and then called me an idiot I would be a damn fool to ignore him just becuase my feelings were hurt. I try to make sense of what PETA and the like is pushing on me as facts but it's so sensationalist that I am constantly left defeated and resigned to the fact that big business will take over the world because the opposition is full of squacking idiots akin to chickens with their heads cut off. I mean my god here big business has a slick team of experts and these animal rights groups are telling me I was abused as a child becuase I was fed meat and that humans were never meant to eat meat. Should I also start beleiveing the creationsists and throw out evolution as well? Should I just forget various teeth and bodily functions that are solely designed to degest meat. Sorry I'm off topic.

its true that a diet high in animal meats such as beef, lamb and pork is extremely unhealthy. If you think back a hundred years ago animal meats were more of a once or twice a week luxury. I think the added hormones and unhealthy animals makes consuming them even more precarious.

But I also think it is the production of an omega 6 fatty acid caused by consumption of animal meats which is our problem as acne prone sufferers. This fat is called Arachidonic acid and is pro-inflammatory. It converts into the prostaglandin E2 which is a pro-inflammatory hormone.

i might add that there are many other food sources which produce Arachidonic acid though.

Also...I have seen many videos about animal cruelty and meat production. Its a shame people attack those whose want better conditions for those animals. Another good video:

http://www.themeatrix.com/

BlackBirdBeatle:

Please do not group me with PETA. :) I am not a PETA follower nor do I follow PETA's politics. One can be republican without being an ardent follower of Bush.

I lived in the rural areas and cattle ranches (non-factory farming). The cattle graze out in the fields and lie in the shade of trees. They come home at dinner time. Farmers help the cows give birth to their baby calves. I actually lived on the 2nd largest ranch in Texas (2nd only to the King's ranch (one of the world's largest ranches) - which was granted to the family by the King of Spain before America became America). Its is very relaxed.. I loved living there and never forgot it. :).

However, the cattle ranch that I was raised on and the rural grass-fed and organic cattle farms to which you are referring make up less than 4% of beef eaten in America and Canada. Do EACH of the cattle farms which you are referring to ship out more than 1 million cattle per year to the slaughter houses? Do you see about a million cattle in each fenched in hill for each farm?

No. There is no way for the farmers which you see to compete with the Factory Farming Corporations which send out several hundred million cows per year to the slaughter houses. An article about this topic was even published last year in Farm & Rancher News. Factory Farming Corportations are quickly pushing the little farmers out of buisness because of the ways they are cutting costs -- at the expense of the animals.

You will not see any animals of a Factory Farm because it is illegal to go within 1 mile of the feedlots. You are arrested on the spot if you TRY to get a glimpse. You will also NOT see the animals because they keep several hundred in each building.

Have you been to the slaughter houses? I havent, however, I have talked to many factory workers who confirmed what the newspapers (such as the Washington Post and the New York Times) were talking about: Factory workers are coming forward to tell the public that roughly 30% of the animals slaughtered have their body parts removed when they were alive and blinking. Slaughter houses, themselves, state that 305 animals are slaughtered per hour. The faster, the more money made.

Again, I do not even read PETA's articles because I completely disagree with them. I do my own research. I talk to factory farm workers and I talk to slaughter house workers. I also have a very good connection with Farmers and Ranchers in the rural areas.

What are we being fed??

I'm sorry but it's been said but this is nonsense. Please come to the rural areas and see what actually goes on. Please go see what temperatures cows survive in on free range farms becuase of that they've adapted to. Please visit a slaughterhouse and see how cows are actually killed and the time this takes to process them. This is so frustrating to me, this PETA mentality.

I take it you live in a rural area. Why don't you make a video on how well treated they are if that's what really goes on. The video posted by the original thread poster is hardly make believe is it? For example, did you or did you not see the cruel conditions and processes used on them---simple observation, not sensationalism. Also, my father worked in a butchers in the late 70s and often went to slaughter houses and animal farms (in the uk) and vouches for the inhumane conditions.

Now thats not to say that nice farms dont exist, but lets face it, the majority of farms are not nice- but hellish. The sheer quantity of meat eaten in places like the uk and us makes these types of mass animal prisons a neccessity to feed our greedy guts.

It may have been said that this is all nonsense, but then some say the holocaust is a nonsense made up lie. People cant confront evil so say its bullshit.

Mass produced animal farms such as the one in the video are the rule, not the exception.

Even Wikipedia addresses the topic of poor living conditions for Factory Farmed animals (not the tiny green-pastured farms):

They state that animals raised for food are being fed their own manure to cut feed costs: :sick:

"According to Dr. Michael Greger [7] in a January 2004 lecture at MIT (which was the basis for Whistleblower, a 2006 documentary film by Jeff Bellamar) each year more than one million tons of animal excrement are fed back to farm animals raised for human consumption to lower the feed costs. He also says that up to 10% of blood from killed animals is mixed into some cattle feed, and up to 30% of some poultry feed is made up of the blood."

This goes back to my original thought: Is it healthy to eat these animals on a daily basis if they are eating stuff like this? I think we should convert to organic or grass-fed cows rather than manure-fed cows. :dance:

Wikipedia is not affiliated with PETA to make it prejudiced. :naughty:

What are we being fed??

Solution: order vegetarian dishes when you eat out, buy free range chicken / eggs at home, and eat wild salmon every now and then too :)

If you can't get vegetarian, most nice restaurants have wild salmon...

I just got back from a nice middle eastern restaurant, had some good veggie entree with hummus on the side :)

There is no inspection or regulations for the companies that label their products "free range" or "cage free". These companies can basically raise the animals according to industry norms and then throw that label on there without any regulatory system.

Birds raised for meat ("broilers") may be considered "free-range" if they have U.S. Department of Agriculture-certified access to the outdoors. No other criteria-environmental quality, the size of the outdoor area, the number of birds confined in a single shed, or the indoor or outdoor space allotted per animal-are considered in applying the label. As with "free-range" laying hens, many "free-range" broilers live in a facility with only one small opening at the end of a large shed, permitting only a few birds to go outside at any given time.

Even Richard Lobb, spokesperson for the National Chicken Council admits, "Even in a free-range type of style of production, you're basically going to find most of them inside the grow out facility…."(2)

According to The Washington Post Magazine, in the case of birds, the term "free-range" "doesn't really tell you anything about the [animal's]…quality of life, nor does it even assure that the animal actually goes outdoors."(3)

Aside from the birds' actual living conditions, there is no prohibition in "free-range" poultry farming against using breeds of chickens and turkeys who have been selectively bred for fast growth and high feed conversion.

As found here.

As to the original poster's hypothesis, maybe. Maybe not. I think there is probably too much adrenaline in the finished products, as many of the aniamls suffer long and slow deaths down the assembly lines. Many animals are not completely dead after slaughter. They, however, readily die once they are cut apart into pieces.

I, also, do not consider myself a PETA member or affiliated with them in any way, and if you actually look -- you'll see there are plenty of undercover videos of slaughter practices conducted by organizations that are not PETA. Testimony from former meat factory workers have been collected and verified by other organizations than PETA. This incessant anti-PETA attitude is just annoying. They are NOT the only animal rights organization out there people, and just because that's the one you hear about and choose to mock the most does not mean their actions or beliefs represent all animal rights groups.

That's like saying all Catholics represent all Christians.

Solution: order vegetarian dishes when you eat out, buy free range chicken / eggs at home, and eat wild salmon every now and then too :)

If you can't get vegetarian, most nice restaurants have wild salmon...

I just got back from a nice middle eastern restaurant, had some good veggie entree with hummus on the side :)

Okay, so go to your farmers market and buy locally, or buy direct from a farm where you actually see the living conditions.

topical:

tea tree oil soap.

qh mint julep mask.

hydrogen peroxide for occassional spot treatment.

shaving for exfoliation.

internally:

fish oil, 3g daily.

Okay, so go to your farmers market and buy locally, or buy direct from a farm where you actually see the living conditions.

Point is/was you cannot trust labels that are not regulated, and the cage free and free range are not. And personally I wouldn't buy/eat meat even if I knew it were humanely kept (and shit there's no humane way to really kill something...you can kill something fast to make it almost painless but murder in not humane) and killed because if I wouldn't want to kill it myself, cut it up and clean it out than I really have no business eating it.

I think I understand where you are coming from - its just not wanting to kill so that you can eat. I am that way now that I've been vegetarian for 1.7 years.

When my boyfriend became a vegetarian, it was only because the animals suffered on factory farms. 6 months later, I heard him say that he couldnt find it within himself to take something's life whether it had a happy life or sad life: it wasnt his life to take.

So I can understand :). I have realized that I am vegatarian only because I dont want to bring undue suffering to other creatures, and secondly for health reasons. Its just something within me :P.

What are we being fed??

its just not wanting to kill so that you can eat.

Yes and especially when you don't even really need it. It's a fact, we don't need meat to survive (but haha, on the other hand you need plants to survive). You, and I, and all other vegetarians and vegans are living proof. So if it's something we don't need, and usually just continue with it because it "tastes good" and because it's a cultural custom to eat meat morning, noon, and night -- then why eat it when you know it causes harmful effects on the innocent animals, the Earth, and our health? Anyway, just my point of view.

And good for you for converting your boyfriend! I converted mine too when I stopped eating meat and now he loves being vegetarian.

I converted mine on accident actually. I downloaded Meet Your Meat and couldnt get it to work. So I asked him for help and then he popped popcorn and was very happy that we were going to watch a "movie" together, hehehehe. The movie was anything but what he was expecting! I was not expecting him to become vegetarian overnight.

What are we being fed??

Animals have adrenalin, or the meat that you eat, if they know they are going to get killed. If they are killed quickly and without pain they won't even know.

Killing a cow with a hammer or machete, might fill its blood and muscles with adrenalin, hence unhealthy meat.

:wall::wall: Are you serious? that's what this thread is about, was that meant as a reminder?

Point is/was you cannot trust labels that are not regulated, and the cage free and free range are not. And personally I wouldn't buy/eat meat even if I knew it were humanely kept (and shit there's no humane way to really kill something...you can kill something fast to make it almost painless but murder in not humane) and killed because if I wouldn't want to kill it myself, cut it up and clean it out than I really have no business eating it.

i hate how people can put stuff like that on packaging and mislead people. There should be huge fines for deliberately misleading consumers with things of that nature. Don't even get me started on how undefined the term 'natural' is, yet millions see it and think it means something. (on that note, the other day i noticed something interesting on my milk - it said "no artificial hormones" or somethign to that effect. I couldn't help but wonder if, as deceitful as it would be, they meant they only use natural hormones :) ; I'm dead serious too, I honestly wouldn't say with 100% certainty that they don't mean they're just using natty hormones lol. And on that note, can someone from this thread toss up a link or two that explains why hormones in the cows lead to hormones in the milk / meat? I've been under the impression that it doesn't show as detectable in the products, yet that seems to run contrary to public opinion. and 'of course it gets in the meat' isn't proof lol)

I completely agree with you on the false labeling thing. One thing that alays bugs me is the "100% Juice" labels... and then it has 13 other ingredients in it to make it taste better.

Okie day, I am tredding into waters which I am unfamiliar with on the topic of adrenaline and hormones being in meat.

I found two very scientific webpages that says they were testing "stress hormones" in the animal's meat and urine after being slaugthered. The webpages are so scientific that I am not 100% sure what the results were. I know I am going to have to do about 3 hours of internet research to find some more sites that have reliable research.

Here is the only thing I"ve come up with. Maybe someone can help me translate this into "English," hehe :)

http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=16448469 <--- Read the big paragraph (the last sentence in it)

http://www.grandin.com/meat/cattle/cattle.meat.html

What are we being fed??

The way I read that paragraph in the first one is that stress hormones (including adren) at the time of slaughter do affect the meat, but affect its ph? kinda early, i'll read it later when i'm not rolling out of bed on a sunday lol. another thing - i wonder if, even if we do find adrenaline in the meat, if it's 'active'. I mean even if adrenaline were circulating, does adrenaline stay as an active hormone after the animal dies? maybe someone else here has an idea on that.

Hehe, I'm going to have to do more research on that topic.

Too bad I dont know any food scientists who could say Yay or Nay to that question.

Unfortunately, i havent found any good websites on that topic :(

What are we being fed??

Hehe, I'm going to have to do more research on that topic.

Too bad I dont know any food scientists who could say Yay or Nay to that question.

Unfortunately, i havent found any good websites on that topic :(

the closest to a professional i've encountered is the person who taught me that the hormones DO NOT get into the meat. it was a professor of a class about food/food industry, but unfortunately i know she was very strongly biased on certain things, so i don't place a ton of weight on her facts.

That being said, i don't believe that anybody has come with any data on hormone levels in meat yet! unless i missed it, i've asked a couple times and no one has shown anything, i really wonder if the meat just doens't show those hormones?

If you had told me this 3 years ago (about what your professor said), I would have taken his word without even double checking.

However, I've had biology teachers who tells us these "facts" (and argue that they are right even when they havent researched the topic) that do not make sense at all -- sometimes leaving me in disbelief.

The last time this happened, I was in biology lab and we were studying about the LoggerHead Turtle on the brink of extinction-- and how it has almost been killed off to extinction because of the fishing companies putting out weighted-drag nets that extend for many miles across the ocean. The nets drowns anything in its path that needs oxygen (turtles dophins). To give you an idea of how these companies are "cleaning out the sea" of life to make money:

They USED to be able to catch about (a rough estimate from memory) 1-5 tons of fish over a whole fishing season.

The modern company boats now catch about 20-50 TONS of fish (and turtles and dolphins) every HOUR :shock: . When I read it on the United Nations website, I almost fell out of my chair. They catch hundreds of thousands of dolphins and turtles each week (who are drowned in the process) and throw their bodies back because they cant make as much money on them.

Anyway, the Loggerhead turtle was drowned to the brink of extinction because of the fishing companies, and the UN had to intervene to say that trap doors should be made in the nets to let dolphins and turtles out. I think it is pretty serious if the UN actually intervenes with fishing companies.

ANYWAY, I showed my biology professor this, and he told the class to nevermind what the UN website said -- that fishing companies are not really overfishing the waters and that its good that turtles are kept on the brink of extinction or they would overpopulate and we wouldnt be able to go swimming because there would be too many turtles... and we wouldnt be able to walk on land because there would be no place to walk with so many turtles. (?????) :wacko::wacko:

He made so many unaccurate statements (and some students even spoke up about his inaccuracies) that I realized he was talking on topics he didnt know about -- and at the end of the class, I overheard him tell someone that he was a botanist and didn't know anything about animal topics. He only knew the topics about plants.

Anyway, I couldnt believe how many errors he was making in class (and telling people to "be quiet" if they contradicted him).

After this incident, I've learned to ALWAYS double check the teachers. I had never even thought that some might teach a whole class about topics they havent researched. :P

I dont know why I"m typing this out -- only to share with you -- to keep your eyes open for professors with big credentials and who think they know everything :P.

But yes, I think no matter what the conclusion on the hormones in the meat -- that it would be an interesting topic to research as soon as I get the time!!!! :):)

I was hoping that if I posted the topic on the net, SOMEONE would know something about it. But nooo, its a completely new topic, it seems, :dance:

What are we being fed??

If you had told me this 3 years ago (about what your professor said), I would have taken his word without even double checking.

However, I've had biology teachers who tells us these "facts" (and argue that they are right even when they havent researched the topic) that do not make sense at all -- sometimes leaving me in disbelief.

The last time this happened, I was in biology lab and we were studying about the LoggerHead Turtle on the brink of extinction-- and how it has almost been killed off to extinction because of the fishing companies putting out weighted-drag nets that extend for many miles across the ocean - and drowns anything in its path that needs oxycen - which drown these turtles (and dophins). To give you an idea of how these companies are "cleaning out the sea" of life to make money:

They USED to be able to catch about (a rough estimate from memory) 1-5 tons of fish over a whole fishing season.

The modern company boats now catch about 20-50 TONS of fish (and turtles and dolphins) every HOUR :shock: . When I read it on the United Nations website, I almost fell out of my chair. They catch hundreds of thousands of dolphins and turtles each week (who are drowned in the process) and throw their bodies back because they cant make as much money on them.

Anyway, the Loggerhead turtle was drowned to the brink of extinction because of the fishing companies, and the UN had to intervene to say that trap doors should be made in the nets to let dolphins and turtles out.

ANYWAY, I showed my biology professor this, and he told the class to nevermind what the UN website said -- that fishing companies are not really overfishing the waters and that its good that turtles are kept on the brink of extinction or they would overpopulate and we wouldnt be able to go swimming because there would be too many turtles... and we wouldnt be able to walk on land because there would be no place to walk with so many turtles. (?????) :wacko::wacko:

He made so many unaccurate statements (and some students even spoke up about his inaccuracies) that I realized he was talking on topics he didnt know about -- and at the end of the class he said he was a botanist, and didn't know anything about extinction of animals, only plants (he told someone this privately).

Anyway, I couldnt believe how many errors he was making in class (and telling people to "be quiet" if they contradicted him).

I've learned to ALWAYS double check the teachers :P

I dont know why I"m typing this out -- only to share with you -- to keep your eyes open for professors with big credentials and who think they know everything :P.

But yes, I think no matter what the conclusion on the hormones in the meat -- that it would be an interesting topic to research as soon as I get the time!!!! :) :)

I was hoping that if I posted the topic on the net, SOMEONE would know something about it. But nooo, its a completely new topic, it seems, :dance:

Yikes. :doh:

4% in Canada huh? Well the vast majority of beef comes from Alberta and here in Alberta all I see are ranchers. That's all we have. In Quebec: Ranchers. I would say that if you reversed your figures you would be accurate up here. 96% of the beef comes from ranchers and farmers.

All this growth hormone and antibiotic talk doesn't really affect me anyway. All our meat is free range. Hell we have cows on the same pastures as Bison. Our chickens run around the farmyards and our egg yolks are so dark and rich that people won't eat them when I take them to the city because they think there's somethign wrong with them.

Of course the vegans won't like to hear how many ranchers kill the animals for thier own use (We use a high calibre shell that does it instantly) but the ones they do sell are sent to slaughterhouses and killed that day, and done instantly. Their is no benefit for a slaughterhouse to feed and keep the cows around for ages and they bought the cows at a certain price and the sooner they process it the better. Of course most ranchers here sell their cows at auctions so I suppose we don't have the bulk the large american ranchers do (dozens as opposed to thousands with the average size being 50) but what we have are thousands of little ranchers and farmers instead of one or two huge ones.

It's funny because a large amount of beef here can quality as organic but most farmers don't really care.

Point being that the cows live I suppose in as best a way as they can while being domesticated. They are killed quickly and humanely (Yes humane means with concern about suffering. It's human to kill somethign instantly regardless of your ethics. If you disagree you aren't thinking or the word humane or cruel).

Now I still don't see how adrenaline affects the meat. Cows are stupid animals and they get spooked easily but it's not the same as some morbid fear that causes adrenaline pour from thier bodies in massive amounts. I also don't see how most cows aren't killed instantly. Well not most, the vast majority. I'm sure it's really cost effective to come up with a solution that causes a half ton animal to thrash about in agony and slowly die.

According to the Canadian Reader's Digest, 30 years ago, thousands of farmers throughout Alberta regarded the care of 100 cattle as a big deal. Today, in Lethbridge, more than than 1/3 of the province's beef-cattle come from several factory farms. For example, one of those feedlots has as many as 25,000 cattle. As one of Alberta's feedlot kings puts it: "Unless you get big, youre squeezed out. This whole corporate thing is just snowballing."

Factory farming has also radicalized the country's multibillion-dollar hog industry in Ontario, Quebec and the West.

Most interesting: Only 2% of Ontario's hog factories produce more than 1/4th of the 4.6 million hogs produced in the province in one year. One of these farms has nearly 40,000 hogs. Those are too many animals for proper care. 500 sick hogs wont make a bit of difference to the factory farm with 40,000 hogs. --And you will NOT see 40,000 of the factory farm's hogs out grazing beside the road. They are kept out of sight and in a factory farm shed meant to house thousands of hogs at one time with hardly any space to step to the side.

Another corporation plans to build an 80,000-hog factory farm in Hardisty, Alberta.

In Canada, AgriProcessors (the world's largest Kosher processor) near Winsor, Ontario were taking the animals apart without even stunning them. This went on for many years, and was finally brought to the attention of the public. In the ritual, the animal's trachea was ripped out by a hook before it was stunned, slaughtered or unconscious. The trachea would dangle from the animal's body for about 10 minutes until the animal bled to death. It is fortunate that this method of slaughter was stopped. :)

Although the majority of cattle are stunned before slaughtered, in the US, 30% are not killed instantly (according the a US Veterinarian who inspected slaughterhouses across the US and the Washington Times who interviewed workers).

At the slaughter house, assembly lines are moving at a fast rate (305 cattle per hour). That is 3 bulls butchered per minute. The faster, the more money. The cattle are hanging upside down by hooks/ropes -- so it does not matter if they are alive and conscious -- they do not cause problems while hanging upside down. I have seen the process of them cutting the throat. Even before having threir throats cut, they are not struggling because they have never hung upside down. So why take the time to worry if they are unconscious and looking around during the skinning process? The faster its done, the more money made.

I have had a pet cow before -- and I would not describe her as dumb. They are so very curious -- and follow you around like a dog. They wanted to be involved in every activity I did and they came when I called their names. :D

What are we being fed??

I have had a pet cow before -- and I would not describe her as dumb. They are so very curious -- and follow you around like a dog. They wanted to be involved in every activity I did and they came when I called their names. :D

Cows are smart. There have been several incidences of escaped factory farm cows, outwitting and outrunning their handlers. Of course, because these cattle ran for their lives, literally, there's almost always an immediate outcry in whatever community its in to save that specific cow's life. Which baffles my mind - not that the cow shouldn't be saved - because the same people will eat a steak for dinner that night and probably not even catch the irony :eh:

Actually, its on the front page of CNN that if we continue our fishing trend, seafood will not exist by 2048.

"If current trends of overfishing and pollution continue, the populations of just about all seafood face collapse by 2048, a team of ecologists and economists warns in a report in Friday's issue of the journal Science."

Sorry, I know its off topic, but that's pretty scary :P And I was just posting about it 2 days ago :P

Full article:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/science/11/02...s.ap/index.html

What are we being fed??