Photo

Too much adrenaline in meat products - we are eating everyday

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
54 replies to this topic

#1 Apple_Blossem

Apple_Blossem

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2006 - 02:30 PM

I'm wondering if the amount of adrenaline in our bodies is causing us to break out. I keep reading how animals are treated and this gets their hormones pumping and raging... which controls acne in humans.

Listen to why I think this. Its not illogical. If animals are filllllllllled with adrenaline at slaughter time, that has to do something to us when we eat it:

-------------------------------------------------------
Click on the link below to see a 10 minute free documentary by movie star Alec Baldwin that will automatically start playing which gives an unedited and graphic account of life as a slaughter animal. It is not their death that is graphic but their living conditions and the way they are treated. http://www.meat.org

The Washington Post publish an article entitled, "They Die Piece By Piece," (April 10, 2001) which states that 30% of slaughter animals in the US, Canada and Europe are skinned and dismembered while alive, looking around and still mooing to save time and money. Factory farm workers come forward to say that "Some would survive as far as the tail cutter, the belly ripper, the hide puller. http://www.washingto....60798-2001Apr9

Throwing live male chicks into the trash or into grinders to make dogfood is LEGAL in factory farms because males can't lay eggs when they grow up. The Humane Society of the United States is trying to bring attention to this issue. Completely unbelievable? Click here:
http://www.hsus.org/....le_chicks.html

The Humane Society of the United States is trying to stop veal production: taking newborn calves away from their moms and putting them in a box so small that they cannot turn around, step to the side, stretch or walk (just so that your veal and hamburger is extremely tender). The calves are so weak at slaughter time they must be dragged to the slaughter house with ropes. Visit the Humane Society of the United States to read more: http://www.hsus.org/farm/camp/totc/

Foie Gras is another "accepted delicacy" that involves shoving a 2-foot pipe down a duck's throat 3x per day to stuff several pounds of food into it. 30% of young ducks die within in the first 4 months of the procedure, and yes, it is very legal. http://www.nofoiegras.org/
--------------------------------------

Does this sound logical at all???

It cannot be healty to eat sick animals and animals that are suffering and releasing all kinds of chemicals for emergencies during their last few minutes -- being pumped into every inch of tissue in their bodies. It cannot be healthy for our bodies in the long run. . . . (?)

Does this sound crazy or what?
What are we being fed??

This year, the FDA decided that "cancerous growths and pus-filled lesions" would not be removed from animal carcases because they pose no immedate health risk to humans.

In a recent study, the FDA stated that up to 15% of factory-farmed animals have bodies riddled with cancerous tumors. Up to 30% of animals had internal and external cysts and running infections that were larger than 20cm because of lack of vetrinary care. Factory farms hold 20,000-60,000 cows, pigs or chickens in one warehouse at any one time. 10% of Factory farmed animals are in such poor health that they cannot walk to the slaughter house and must be dragged with chains and ropes.

Is it really health to eat sick animals all the time?

If you would like to know more about your food in a 10 minute free movie, go to:
*Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules. *

#2 beentheredonethat

beentheredonethat

Ribbit!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2006 - 02:36 PM

Moving to diet/holistic.
Currently - all clear!
Maintaining my last Accutane course (10/05-04/06) click here for log
Yasmin on Seasonale schedule
Green Cream lvl 6
Shiseido White Lucent system
(cleanser, and SPF 16 moisturizer (no way, SPF that doesn't sting!?))

#3 JR86

JR86

I've gotta go, i cut my foot earlier and my shoe is filling

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2006 - 02:38 PM

I thought you were a veggie.

#4 Siouxsie

Siouxsie

Ice Queen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 19 October 2006 - 04:32 PM

Alec Baldwin? ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Nature of the Beast: Moderate, inflammatory, several cysts, large pores & very oily
Current Status: Very mild overall, with some red marks & mild "bumpiness" on chin (possible scarring).
Use: Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Facial Cleanser or Acne.org Cleanser / Acne.org 2.5% BP day & night / Acne.org Moisturizer for day / DHC Cleansing Oil or Neutrogena Towlettes to remove makeup at night / Oil of Olay Regenerist Night Creme at night

Makeup: Stila Stay All Day Foundation in Light 2 or Beige 3. Cover FX compact powder in 10.

-----

"People understand me so little that they do not even understand when I complain of being misunderstood." - Søren Kierkegaard

#5 R.S.

R.S.

Senior Administrator

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2006 - 05:24 PM

I think it's mostly vegan propaganda. While there's no doubt in my mind that an unhealthy diet and shitty living conditions leads to worse fatty acid makeups in animals (as is the case with free range chicken vs. caged grain fed, or grass fed beef vs. soy fed), I don't think the adrenaline really plays into it.

Either way, I've heard that for people with chronic fatigue syndrome and adrenal burnout, getting animal adrenal extract is VERY good. Kind of like how eating liver is good for your liver in many ways, and how the Chinese would treat diabetics with animal pancreases long before anyone knew of such a thing called "diabetes". So maybe a little adrenaline in your food is a good thing.

Apple Blossem, we've talked before and I'm sure you know my stance on meat... haha.
topical:
tea tree oil soap.
qh mint julep mask.
hydrogen peroxide for occassional spot treatment.
shaving for exfoliation.
internally:
fish oil, 3g daily.

#6 wadsthepointofliving

wadsthepointofliving

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:33 PM

Fish doesnt produce adreneline, do they? Because i drastically cut out meat and turned to fish and my skin looks a tad better

#7 wrestler

wrestler

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:44 PM

Your skin could look better because more fish means more omega 3 means (many times) more antiinflammatory action.

Adrenaline in meat? Sounds interesting, but i'd guess that isn't the case. Surely testing for such things is extremely simple, and that kind of documented finding would be great for people against meat. On that note, is there even proof that the hormones given to cows changes anythign in the meat we eat?

#8 R.S.

R.S.

Senior Administrator

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2006 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE(wrestler @ Oct 19 2006, 06:44 PM) View Post

On that note, is there even proof that the hormones given to cows changes anythign in the meat we eat?

Sure is. Danny will have fun with this one.
topical:
tea tree oil soap.
qh mint julep mask.
shaving for exfoliation.
internally:
fish oil, 3g daily.

#9 wrestler

wrestler

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 20 October 2006 - 09:05 AM

(I was talking about testable variances within the meat that we eat, just to be totally clear)

#10 Apple_Blossem

Apple_Blossem

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 October 2006 - 10:32 AM

Without any tests to show anything, I think just using logic is a great way to decide:

It is like chosing to eat wilted, dying plants all of your life compared to bright green, fresh plants for your entire life. The person who eats the fresh, healthy plants gets the most nutrients. The person who eats old, wilted, sick plants is not going to get the same amount of nutrients - his diet might keep him ALIVE, but he sure isnt the most healthy person.

The 2 billion animals killed a year never see daylight, are fed mostly baking soda to save money, never excerise and have hundreds of pus-filled infections on their exterior as well as on the interior (this is all according to the FDA). Is that healthy to eat sick and dying animals as your main source of protein all the time?

Rubbersheep, although you eat healthy grass-fed animals, 98% of America eats factory farmed animals at restaurants and at the stores that only sell that. This post is for those that are eating animals that have never seen a vetrinarian and have cancerous tumors (FDA says 30% of factory farmed animals have cancerous tumors)... and are so pumped up with antibiotics to make sure they get to the slaughter house.
What are we being fed??

This year, the FDA decided that "cancerous growths and pus-filled lesions" would not be removed from animal carcases because they pose no immedate health risk to humans.

In a recent study, the FDA stated that up to 15% of factory-farmed animals have bodies riddled with cancerous tumors. Up to 30% of animals had internal and external cysts and running infections that were larger than 20cm because of lack of vetrinary care. Factory farms hold 20,000-60,000 cows, pigs or chickens in one warehouse at any one time. 10% of Factory farmed animals are in such poor health that they cannot walk to the slaughter house and must be dragged with chains and ropes.

If you would like to know more about your food in a 10 minute free movie, go to:

#11 wrestler

wrestler

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 October 2006 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE(Apple_Blossem @ Oct 20 2006, 04:32 PM) View Post

Without any tests to show anything, I think just using logic is a great way to decide:

It is like chosing to eat wilted, dying plants all of your life compared to bright green, fresh plants for your entire life. The person who eats the fresh, healthy plants gets the most nutrients. The person who eats old, wilted, sick plants is not going to get the same amount of nutrients - his diet might keep him ALIVE, but he sure isnt the most healthy person.

I doubt that the quality of animals going to slaughter is comparable to a wilted, dying plant. Surely that plant would have significantly less nutrients and more pathogens, toxins, wahtever, inside of it. Is meat really that bad, i mean surely people measure this kind of stuff (you'd hope lol)? I'm not saying that I believe the meat will be the same quality as organic, but I am saying that just assuming it's different is not fair either. We have capacity to measure things, like presence of hormones, antibiotics, levels of nutrients, presence of toxins, whatever. It would be more comforting to know, while paying a significant premium for your meat, that you are actually getting a significantly healthier cut. I'm very skeptic by nature, and I care a lot about my health, and I haven't found anything to make me switch yet (though if i'm wrong i would love to be shown, both for my health and those around me).

QUOTE(Apple_Blossem @ Oct 20 2006, 04:32 PM) View Post

The 2 billion animals killed a year never see daylight, are fed mostly baking soda to save money, never excerise and have hundreds of pus-filled infections on their exterior as well as on the interior (this is all according to the FDA).
Mostly baking soda? I was aware it is in their feed, but mostly? Isn't baking soda void of calories? If it's void of calories and it constitutes most of their diet, how would they grow? I thought a bulk of their diet was meat/food product that wasn't human grade.

#12 tdot

tdot

Meow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 October 2006 - 01:13 PM

I couldnt watch that whole video because I started tearing up. I know that they are cruel to these animals, and if I weighed alot more than I do I would become a vegitarian, because I love animals. If I stopped eating meat I would probably look anorexic.
One day...

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

#13 Apple_Blossem

Apple_Blossem

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 October 2006 - 02:02 PM

Usually people who stop eating meat gain about ten pounds because of the diet change. They start eating more cheese and yogurts and grains.

Believe it or not, eating pus in your meat and cancerous tumors won't kill you. And the USDA knows that, so they dont really care about it.

The official rule of the USDA (and you can look this up) is that an animal is certified Safe for Human Consumption and "USDA Pure" as long as the animal is breathing when it reaches the slaughter house. MANY of the animals are so sick that they cannot walk or lift their head when they reach the slaughter house. They use crains to get the animals off the trucks and into the kill-area. I have also talked with slaughter house workers to double check all this info.

But is it healthy if you eat meat from animals that are sick for 30+ years? IMO, no...

At the turn of the century, (50ish years before many of the people on this message board were born), the meat companies did allow rats and mice to be shoveled into the meat grinding machine along with meat from the animals. Workers described shoveling just as many rats as chunks of animal flesh into the grinder in plants all over the United States. I was surprised this was allowed to happen, but the factories said it saved time of sorting out rodents off the floor from the pieces of meat... eventually saving more money.

The diets of slaughter animals consist of ground up feathers, baking soda, dried animal blood, and MANY antibiotics. The baking soda is used as a filler -- the animals are injected with growth hormones so they will get VERY fat on few calories. Chickens bodies often grow so fat that their legs break under their own weight.

Wrestler: The USDA, in December of last year, stated that 30% of all slaughter animals killed in the US and Canada had cancerous tumors and pus-filled lesions. They also admitted that their workers only have time to scrape off the external tumors and lesions, but do not have time to scrape the internal ones off. They also said that 30% of birds were dying when they reached the slaughter house because of being in such poor health (continually soaked in the excrament of the bird in the cage above, never being allowed to exercise and never breathing fresh air). Is it healthy to eat animals that have cancer on a daily basis? If 30% of the animals have cancer, that means that 1/3rd of the meat you eat when you eat out has meat from a cancerous, sick animal.

This doesnt sound healthy to eat on a continual basis for 30 years.
What are we being fed??

#14 R.S.

R.S.

Senior Administrator

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 October 2006 - 07:45 PM

Solution: order vegetarian dishes when you eat out, buy free range chicken / eggs at home, and eat wild salmon every now and then too smile.gif

If you can't get vegetarian, most nice restaurants have wild salmon...

I just got back from a nice middle eastern restaurant, had some good veggie entree with hummus on the side smile.gif
topical:
tea tree oil soap.
qh mint julep mask.
shaving for exfoliation.
internally:
fish oil, 3g daily.

#15 wrestler

wrestler

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 October 2006 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE(Apple_Blossem @ Oct 20 2006, 08:02 PM) View Post

The diets of slaughter animals consist of ground up feathers, baking soda, dried animal blood, and MANY antibiotics. The baking soda is used as a filler -- the animals are injected with growth hormones so they will get VERY fat on few calories. Chickens bodies often grow so fat that their legs break under their own weight.

I'm still curious here. You mention 4 things in their diet, and as far as I can tell not a single one is caloric (is that even a word?). I can see blood having calories, but the other three don't as far as i thought. Even so, that doesn't make sense, that gh will allow them to grow fat with very few calories. The bottom line is that physics still applies with food, matter cannot be created or destroyed. GH can make your body wanna grow faster, but the bottom line is that all that meat in a cow had to be created by calories, not hormones or baking soda, and two people have mentioned slaughterhouse diets and neither of them seem to take into account any real calories. I don't think I believe that all the meat on a cow was made off of animal blood.

#16 Melek

Melek

I'm gonna find me a hobo!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 October 2006 - 08:09 PM

Adrenaline does nothing when taken orally. I work with people who slaughter animals for a living and actually DEAL with the FDA. You are all full of a big load of crap. Ahh, the glory of the internet.
Magnesium Sulfate Anhydrous:

"3. Hazards Identification

Emergency Overview
--------------------------
CAUTION! MAY BE HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED. "

(Source: Material Safety Data Sheet)

Holistic forum users' "facts": CAUTION! MAY BE HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED.

#17 R.S.

R.S.

Senior Administrator

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 October 2006 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE(Melek @ Oct 21 2006, 07:09 PM) View Post

Adrenaline does nothing when taken orally. I work with people who slaughter animals for a living and actually DEAL with the FDA. You are all full of a big load of crap. Ahh, the glory of the internet.

Yeah, but because you're rude, no one wants to focus on your points whether they're valid or not.
topical:
tea tree oil soap.
qh mint julep mask.
shaving for exfoliation.
internally:
fish oil, 3g daily.

#18 wrestler

wrestler

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2006 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE(Melek @ Oct 22 2006, 02:09 AM) View Post

Adrenaline needs to be injected as far as i knew, in fact i didnt know it came in prepartations besides amps.

Anyways, let's keep this on point, right now there are two major points I'm hoping someone will clarify:

First, cows are really fed blood, antibiotics, baking soda, and feathers? And GH can turn that weak starting material into a large cow? Seems to defy physics, want to see elaboration here because i'm still betting there is a major calorie contributor that neither person asserting this told us about.

Secondly, IS THE MEAT REALLY WORSE? You can tell me that it isn't good to eat a sick meal until you're blue in the face, but for me that's not enough. I can see that being a problem, but i can also see it not mattering much. Bottom line is that we can test the food, we have the technology, so if the meat is truly different we should be able to find indications of this. Where are they?

#19 R.S.

R.S.

Senior Administrator

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2006 - 12:01 PM

I'm with you wrestler, blood, antibiotics, baking soda and feathers as a cows diet sounds like vegan propaganda.. unless AB meant that's what they feed them in the last few days before slaughter. As far as I know, most cows are fed lots of soy and other grains. Ever see those 50 pound horse bags of grain? smile.gif

Ideally, cows were made to eat grass, because they have the stomachs to break down all the cellulose and get the nutrients.
topical:
tea tree oil soap.
qh mint julep mask.
shaving for exfoliation.
internally:
fish oil, 3g daily.

#20 Apple_Blossem

Apple_Blossem

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2006 - 06:47 PM

smile.gif Just returned from not being around a computer for a few days. Hi again smile.gif.

smile.gif I do not get my info my vegan websites. I get them off research sites by the USDA, farming sites, and many others. They are fed corn (for fattening up), and other ingredients which I did not list. I didn't mean those were the only things, although I should have specified that. Sorry to have left you unclear on that topic.

However, on a diet of tons of antibiotics, food that is just "dumped" out there for them to fatten on, lack of exercise (cant move side to side), breathing fumes of ammonia all day long (the gasses rising off the urine and manure) which are very detrimental to your health (Just go hang your head over a dirty catbox for awhile and you can identify the amonia)... lack of daylight, the animals are sick and in extremely poor health when taken to slaughter.

Just to show how far they will cut corners on money, ALL animals when shipped to slaughter are not given food or water during the journey. Factory farms have stated that in some parts of the USA, this journey can last from 7 hours to three days, depending on the distance. The animals are also exposed to the extreme weather conditions when moved during winter and summer -- 95 degrees of heat and more, or snow and ice blowing during december through february months.

When pigs are transported in the winter, it is not uncommon that their hairless skin freezes to the sides of the steel sides of the transport truck - just like your warm tongue would instantly free to a frozen, frosty metal pole outside. Because it would take too long to unfree a pig to the sides of a truck hauling buckets of warm water, workers use a shovel to scrape the skin of the alive and struggling pig from the sides of the transport truck.
What are we being fed??