3 replies to this topic

#1 celebration

celebration

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 59
About Me

Posted 17 October 2006 - 02:02 PM

So...I have this clogged pore that has been on my face for months now. It is a yellowish/white spot just under the skin that does not have a head. It keeps getting bigger. It will NOT budge no matter what I do to it. I've tried steaming it, holding a warm cloth on it, wiping it with Apple Cider Vinegar, squeezing it. I've even tried using one of those extractors that you can buy at Walgreens. Nothing works. I even tried poking it with a sterilized needle. This thing will not change at all and I'm sick of having it on my face. The rest of my whiteheads are all going away, but this one is being super stubborn. Any advice? I guess I'm willing to spend some money, now that I've tried every home treatment imaginable...

Oh, and it is not milia. It is not raised at all. It's just a flat spot that doesn't feel like anything if I touch it.

#2 ZoeBee

ZoeBee

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 October 2006 - 02:34 PM

Wow that's gotta be a pain!!! Wish I had some advice for you but I was just wondering how the heck you got rid of the whiteheads since I have SO many all of a sudden that have been there almost a month...?

Good luck!

#3 celebration

celebration

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 59
About Me

Posted 17 October 2006 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE(tc9 @ Oct 17 2006, 04:34 PM) View Post

Wow that's gotta be a pain!!! Wish I had some advice for you but I was just wondering how the heck you got rid of the whiteheads since I have SO many all of a sudden that have been there almost a month...?

Good luck!

I made a few changes to my regimen about 2 months(?) ago that have helped my whiteheads. Not sure which of these did the trick:

1) Stopped using Neutrogena Mineral Sheers makeup
2) Started apply 50% water/ 50% apple cider vinegar as an astringent after I wash and before I put on BP
3) Stopped using Cetaphil moisturizer
4) Started using about 3 drops of pure jojoba oil as my moisturizer, once per day.

My whiteheads, which were out of control all of a sudden, are going away and my skin looks/feels a lot smoother.

#4 everything

everything

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 October 2006 - 07:52 PM

try exfoliating? i THINK i know what youre talking about, i had one like that awhile ago, but i do the baking soda- then apple cider vinegar method and the appearance seems to go away after awhile of doing that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users