Photo

Hot Washcloth method for cysts messed my face

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 timbo2600

timbo2600

Awakened One

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 October 2003 - 05:43 AM

Well I tried that method for putting a washcloth in the microwave with some water for about 45 seconds. Then you take it out and hold it against a cyst and its supposed to help it either surface or go away. Well... I lightly rub my skin after holding it on the cyst for maybe 5 minutes, and a layer of my skin rubs off on my finger. So I go look in the mirror and it looks all raw where my skin came off. It was hot but damn I didnt think it was that hot. Has this happened to anyone else?

#2 Guest_fatman_uk_*

Guest_fatman_uk_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 25 October 2003 - 08:19 AM

Wow, you guys actually use boiling water on the washcloth to get rid of cysts? ouch... i tried that with boil once... worked well... but you use this as a METHOD?

Hot water = not good. [-(

-Gaz

#3 ashley

ashley

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 October 2003 - 10:56 AM

this is just a guess but i think that method would work better for 'hard' cysts.. ones you can kinda tell are full of white stuff and not clear liquid..ugh i really feel sorry for you the same thing happened to me sad.gif i got one and i didn't even use a facecloth.. i just washed my face normally and the skin came off and i had the same thing you have! it oozed for about 2 days non stop( i couldnt go to school) and it is still there, but much smaller, almost 2 weeks later... i would suggest you try to find some antibiotic cream to make sure it doesnt get infected.. but definately be delicate with it because you don't want more skin falling off and making a bigger mark. it sucks so much sad.gif i hope yours heals faster than mine is.

#4 timbo2600

timbo2600

Awakened One

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 October 2003 - 03:34 PM

lol Fatman. No, we dont use boiling water. We just use very hot water from the microwave. I honestly cant believe this happened because usually if your skin is getting so hot that its going to blister, you would expect to be in some pain. Guess thats not always the case because it didnt hurt at all yet my skin peeled right off. =/ Im just putting some polysporin on the area to keep it infection free and make it heal.

#5 snowpea

snowpea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 October 2003 - 06:08 AM

skin coming off cyst=part of cyst coming off=good! biggrin.gif/

#6 timbo2600

timbo2600

Awakened One

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 October 2003 - 04:05 PM

ah gay. I have to see my g/f in less than a week and now I have this really obvious and nasty cyst on my face just because I had to mess with it instead of leaving it alone.

#7 ashley

ashley

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 October 2003 - 10:39 PM

snowpea that was the most messed up thing i ever heard. SKIN COMING OFF = SCARING HELLO!!!!!!!! are you retarded? a cyst isn't made out of skin you dumbass

#8 timbo2600

timbo2600

Awakened One

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2003 - 04:00 AM

Hey dont be bitter, Ash. He is just tryin to look on the bright side of the situation. So you just washed your face in extremely hot water? How did you stand that, and why didnt it scold your whole face? I know the washcloth was pretty hot because I couldnt stand to hold it. I just left it in the bowl and held my face down against it right where my cyst is. I would like to try this some more just using more caution with the water temp. I dont need any more self inflicted burns evil.gif

#9 Animal

Animal

Bastard

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2003 - 08:43 AM

Sounds like you've inflicted 1st degree burns on yourself, i think if you can't bear to hold it then it's too hot to put on your face.

I've heard that icing helps, but this is the complete opposite, maybe you should try icing.

#10 startzt

startzt

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2003 - 10:00 AM

Icing seems to help bring the swelling down a bit, for me anyway. But it doesn't help with draining.

I have used a WARM washrag. I just soaked a clean rag in hot tap water and then held it to me face for about 5 minutes.

#11 Animal

Animal

Bastard

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2003 - 12:39 PM

Its ironic, the amount of stuff we go through to try to help clear our complexion, and many people think we have acne because we don't bother about our skin! ](*,)

#12 ashley

ashley

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2003 - 02:47 PM

when i had a cyst i said i washed it NORMALLY with normal temp water