Photo
- - - - -

tiny bumps under skin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 nlc1111

nlc1111

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2006 - 02:16 PM

Hey everyone! I am new to this forum and have a question. I used to have acne on my back, shoulders, upper arms, and chest, but have gotten that under control for the most part. What I am concerned about now is that I have hundreds of these tiny tiny white bumps, which seem pearlish (which are under my skin) all over the top part of my back, and shoulders, arms, and chest. These bumps are not poppable, but are noticable in the sunlight or if you get close. I am wondering if any of you know what this could possibly be or if any of you have experienced this. Any info would greatly be appreciated! Thanks!

#2 jasota

jasota

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2006 - 03:01 PM

i have em too....i think they r whiteheads..
they jus disappear at times...
i have it on my lower back only...

#3 nlc1111

nlc1111

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2006 - 03:23 PM

I don't think mine are whiteheads. They are just part of my skin, it seems. It is weird. It is part of my skin, but under. Mine do not disappear, they are just more noticable in the sunlight.

#4 morpho

morpho

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2006 - 06:08 PM

i've had that -- they might be clogged pores that are not erupting into cysts. it also might be a combination of that with scarring? the scars on my back are white. i think they call those types of scars 'atrophic macules', but i'm not sure. my chest also scarred like that -- that it looks like tiny white bumps.

#5 rosiemarie

rosiemarie

A weed is no more than a flower in disguise.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2006 - 09:14 PM

do they feel bumpy? or is the skin smootH?

#6 nlc1111

nlc1111

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 October 2006 - 03:04 PM

The skin is smooth if you touch it, but if you press down on the skin, then you can feel them. If they are atrophic scars then is there a way to get rid of them? I don't know if there is much they can do because they are all over!! And if they are clogged pores then will exfoliation work? Or what will work? I am wondering because i will be in my sisters wedding in about a year from now. Thanks for the responses. I am just desperate right now.

#7 Ariventa

Ariventa

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 October 2006 - 04:20 PM

Could be keratosis pilaris. Google it for a better description.

Basically, are they skin colored, goose bumps looking things? If so , there isn't much you can do besides grow out of it (according to most sources), but you can try exfoliating and moisturizing to see if it helps clear.

#8 nlc1111

nlc1111

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2006 - 09:45 PM

Thanks Ariventa. Yeah I know what keratosis pilaris is and it does not seem to be that. If anyone else has any other suggestions or anything, I would greatly appreciate it!

#9 answerme

answerme

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 193
About Me

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:24 AM

QUOTE(nlc1111 @ Oct 9 2006, 04:16 AM) View Post

Hey everyone! I am new to this forum and have a question. I used to have acne on my back, shoulders, upper arms, and chest, but have gotten that under control for the most part. What I am concerned about now is that I have hundreds of these tiny tiny white bumps, which seem pearlish (which are under my skin) all over the top part of my back, and shoulders, arms, and chest. These bumps are not poppable, but are noticable in the sunlight or if you get close. I am wondering if any of you know what this could possibly be or if any of you have experienced this. Any info would greatly be appreciated! Thanks!

i have those on my back and chest too. i wouldnt have actually made another thread on this where i posted a pic of my back (below the right shoulder) if id read this earlier...H&S, accutane, monolaurin gel for sweat acne, salicylic soap and hot water method dont seem to be helping much. i dont know what they are. il ask my derm next time i see her.

#10 nlc1111

nlc1111

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2006 - 01:45 PM

Thanks! yeah I checked out your picture and mine seem to look the same! I am not sure what they are. But when you go to your derm and get imput, please let me know! I would greatly appreciate it!

#11 Purified

Purified

Ms. Enigmatic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:41 PM

I said this in the other thread, but for me it's just hard stuff under the skin that I can usually squeeze out, most of the time painfully. :/

#12 nlc1111

nlc1111

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2006 - 11:56 PM

I have tried squeezing only for the purposes of seeing if anything would come out, but nothing would.

#13 answerme

answerme

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 193
About Me

Posted 13 October 2006 - 07:35 AM

yeah nothing came outta mine either. nx week perhaps il see my derm.

#14 Privatescreen33

Privatescreen33

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 November 2006 - 12:24 AM

I have the exact same thing too. I posted about this a LONG time ago and not many people could identify what it is (partially because I didnt have a picture to post). Thanks to answerme and her picture post, I dont have to describe what it looks like as her picture is identical to what my back looks like. I CAN tell you guys that for me, it has gotten a lot worse. It has progressed down my arms in places I havent recently broken out too which is weird. Do any of you have several tiny raised bumps on the shoulders like i do as well? I have them and they are white to skin colored like all the rest, except they are a lot smaller. My spots end where my shirt ends on my arms (my arms are a bit tanned and there are no spots on the tan portion of my arms but there are several spots on the unexposed skin). Anyone experience this as well?