Photo

Very freaked out: rectal bleeding on accutane

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
51 replies to this topic

#21 BJ'sGuRL

BJ'sGuRL

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 11
About Me

Posted 07 November 2006 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE(Serenity TRL @ Nov 7 2006, 05:24 PM) View Post
QUOTE(Kali7 @ Nov 6 2006, 01:07 PM) View Post

Man, I'm really glad I found this forum -- I'm on my 4th month of Accutane, and started having this same bright red rectal bleeding thing on Friday afternoon (I did a search on this, and that's how I found you guys). I'm going to relax and see how it goes -- I'm still having it off and on, but if this is a known issue, I'll just give it a little more time.
Me too. It's really good to know that it's not necessarily serious. I'm going to go off it for a week and start eating prunes, berries and a high fibre cereal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weet_bix). Is there anything else you guys would recommend?

Time4HighSelfEsteem, how are you going since then?

Heya! yea just anything obviously with a high dose of fibre...if you normaly have white bread go for wholegrain instead, oh beans are really good aswel LOL!!! hope all goes well smile.gif

#22 Time4HighSelfEsteem

Time4HighSelfEsteem

Clearup

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 November 2006 - 05:52 PM

well, i went off for 12 days and my buttock healed itself. I also used preparation h to heal the damage. Now, i am back on tane and have had no tears.I think sometimes you have to go off for a week so the body can repair the tear. otherwise it stays dry and keeps happening. prep h healed it and made it not so dry. i used it everytime i pooped. don't u just love this conversation? hahaha.

MY ACCUTANE LOG

http://www.acne.org/...howtopic=113285

Supplements:

acidophilus pills (jarro dophilis)
INDIAN HERBS (ayurvedic)
as many antioxidants from my diet!

Evening:HONEY OATMEAL SOAP
Waiting for Green Cream in mail
Lustra AF Hydroquinone
Green Tea/Peppermint for spots cream

Makeup:

Mac powder, Mac Full Coverage

[size=6]

#23 edcard29

edcard29

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2008 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (Time4HighSelfEsteem @ Oct 8 2006, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you guys are amazing. lol, it stopped, so might have just been a bad day. had lots of fiber and today was a lot easier. i think fiber is another thing to add on tane list with omega 3: there is a powder in health food store called psyllium husk (colon cleanse). it works really well.

you guys are amazing. lol, it stopped, so might have just been a bad day. had lots of fiber and today was a lot easier. i think fiber is another thing to add on tane list with omega 3: there is a powder in health food store called psyllium husk (colon cleanse). it works really well.

hello ... it happenend to me just today...

but it was red like from an external bleed.... it was barely noticesable on the tissue ... how bad was yours ??

i think if it happens again i might have to tell my doctor...

but i have no experienced anything woerd like that.. other thant first day ( day 5 to now 6 slight headaches) ....

please post comments ... it is nice to have accutane buddies =D

#24 iforgot

iforgot

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2010 - 11:51 AM

I researched and found out that there can be serious bowel problems associated with Accutane, but I think what you're experiencing is a tear in the lining of your anus (as gross as that sounds). I've noticed that accutane seems to dry my stool and makes it hard to pass, so what I do is take stool softeners regularly. It helps a lot. Good luck!

#25 headtrip_honey

headtrip_honey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Posted 14 February 2010 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE (iforgot @ Feb 14 2010, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I researched and found out that there can be serious bowel problems associated with Accutane, but I think what you're experiencing is a tear in the lining of your anus (as gross as that sounds). I've noticed that accutane seems to dry my stool and makes it hard to pass, so what I do is take stool softeners regularly. It helps a lot. Good luck!

late to the party...
My Regimen:

Started Accutane 1/12/10! Done as of 7/10/10!

Cleanser:
Neutrogena Foaming Facial Cleanser (AM&PM)
Moisturizer: Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15 (AM)
Topicals: Paula's Choice 2% BHA Gel (PM)

Other Pills: Velivet, Zinc, Vitamin E, Biotin, Glucosamine/Chondroitin, B Complex vitamins and Iron

Makeup: Lately, none, but when I do:
Meow Cosmetics Frisky Ocicat foundation
and whatever blush, eyeshadows, I deem necessary to wear.
Also, L'Oreal black eyeliner always.

Current Status: Face looking pretty darn good.

#26 Debby356

Debby356

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:04 AM

I study medicine and I have to write an essay about anal bleeding. I was wondering if anybody could give me some hints about this topic. I know that there is many material out there about this topic and I am not sure what to write. I was wondering to write about colon polyposis syndrome or maybe about gastrointestinal tract bleeding. What do you think is the better topic? Thank you

#27 Debby356

Debby356

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:23 AM

I think I made up my mind and that I will try to write about anal bleeding in teenagers. I found several sources and forums where members with problems discus about their experiences with anal bleeding. I know that this usually affect older people but there are cases where teenagers are having these problems, and this has intrigued me a lot. Do you think that this is a good idea? Also I found interesting stuff on this site about

Edited by Debby356, 06 April 2010 - 04:11 AM.

#28 Jake_Gatsby

Jake_Gatsby

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:23 PM

Hi, I had the same experience. In my case it is proctitis, possibly the ulcerative form. Hydrocortisone suppositories have helped clear it up. Nonetheless, stop treatment immediately and make an appointment with a gastroenternologist. Recently accutane has been linked to inflammatory bowel diseases, crohns and ulcerative colitis. Many people agree that to inflammatory bowel diseases are more painful than having acne. I have come to learn that beauty is of no true value, but if only in your heart and I regret taking accutane. At the time I did it because I knew it was wrong.

#29 MindyCat

MindyCat

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:08 AM

Thank you so much for posting this topic. I am on my 9th day of accutane and am experiencing the same issue.
My regimen:

Morning:
20 mg amnesteem
Cetaphil cleanser (every other day)
Cetaphil moisturizer SPF 15

Evening:
20 mg amnesteem
Cetaphil cleanser
Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer

#30 steve32

steve32

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:31 AM

The first sign of blood i'd call my derm up right away, hope you did. Also are you drinking a lot of water throughout the day? Accutane is very drying, inside and out.

#31 SClippers

SClippers

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (MindyCat @ Jul 19 2010, 09:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you so much for posting this topic. I am on my 9th day of accutane and am experiencing the same issue.

You get off of it now...
I still have a soul

#32 csmike

csmike

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:30 PM

I got rectal bleeding while taking it, but after I stopped taking it, it went away.

#33 cassuk

cassuk

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:50 PM

Oh my gosh ive had this too! Recurring sad.gif had it for about 5 days now grrr... i think the fact that im all swolen from the monthly girl problem hasnt helped. I also have ibs and been stressed a lot lately so that wont have made the problem any better. just thought id let everyone know haha your not the only ones!
Probably won't be on here for a while as my acne has now gone :)

Good luck to everyone who's still struggling with this horrible disease!

<3

#34 csmike

csmike

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:36 PM

Well if you get IBS, I think you can sue for money.

#35 steve32

steve32

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:40 PM

Don't think you can sue anymore if you got it lately, because on my new accutane list of side effects says can cause IBS, i'd check with yours, i'm sure they all been updated

Edited by steve32, 22 July 2010 - 02:41 PM.

#36 cassuk

cassuk

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:55 PM

ive had mine a while so its not from the accutane, i have just noticed its worse since taking it. I can handle this for a while though for perfect skin

<3

#37 CheyCheyenne

CheyCheyenne

Lightsnoise

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:55 PM

It's not like money would help anyway...if you get an inflammatory bowel disease, that's for life. No amount of money would be worth putting up with that crap.

ive had mine a while so its not from the accutane, i have just noticed its worse since taking it. I can handle this for a while though for perfect skin

Really you need to take a second to think here. Your body is obviously telling you something is seriously wrong. It's not worth it to have perfect skin if you're sacrificing your health. I can only tell you this now and hope you listen but you can only help yourself.

Edited by CheyCheyenne, 22 July 2010 - 02:58 PM.

I can't be perfect.

#38 cassuk

cassuk

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:27 PM

I know you probably think im being silly but i do have a few problems down that area its not the first time ive bled... tbh i think its worse now because ive just found that piles have returned sad.gif blurgh gross... so im guessing its that. If it doesnt go away soon i will definatly have a word with my derm smile.gif

<3

#39 SClippers

SClippers

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:43 PM

I'm seriously questioning your sanity if you're still on Accutane after experiencing rectal bleeding.

I'm going to spell it out in laymen terms for you, rectal bleeding is out of the norm and you should cease taking any more pills until you meet with your derm to address the problem.

I hope I don't care about you more than you care about yourself.
I still have a soul

#40 CheyCheyenne

CheyCheyenne

Lightsnoise

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (cassuk @ Jul 22 2010, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know you probably think im being silly but i do have a few problems down that area its not the first time ive bled... tbh i think its worse now because ive just found that piles have returned sad.gif blurgh gross... so im guessing its that. If it doesnt go away soon i will definatly have a word with my derm smile.gif

No I don't think it's silly...I've had gastrointestinal problems on antibiotics for over a year and stayed on them for perfect skin. Sooner or later I had to deal with the consequences. If you had problems before accutane, you could have some sort of bacterial/parasite/yeast infection. Hopefully nothing worse than that though. Bleeding though is a sign of some kind of obstruction in the GI tract and accutane could be making it worse.
I can't be perfect.