#301 mominmissouri

mominmissouri

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (IrishGurl2009 @ Nov 5 2008, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Aroused Guy @ Oct 23 2008, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did any of you have to register online with the iPledge thing with a password before getting Accutane?

hey! my doctor is supposed to register me and then the ipledge ppl will send me something via email. i have to wait a month before i can officially start accutane. did you receive similar info? it could be because i am a girl.

Its a little chaotic the whole ipledge thing. The doctors office registers you. The ipledge program or your doctors send you a password. I never got mine so had to call the 800 # from the website. Your username is the # on your ipledge card. You will also have to give this to your pharmacist- who will confirm you have answered your questions on the web before he/she gives you your prescription. Accutane causes severe severe birth defects and this is precautionary.
My derm office called me the day I got my prescription because the ipledge website kicked back to them that I had listed different methods of birth control than the doctors did (they also have to answer these questions monthly). It raised a red flag. Anyway- you do have to answer questions monthly & the pharmacist will confirm monthly.
I had a tubal ligation 5 years ago and still was given 3 pregnancy tests prior to the day i received my medicine (2 in office & 1 in bloodwork) That's how serious the Accutane is. Thats what ipledge is for.
The 30 day wait does suck- but it will come before you know it!! GOod luck!!
Amber
Accutane 40mg/day started Nov 12 2008
Increased to 60mg/day started Dec 15 2008
Clean & Clear gentle scrub cleanser (love it)
Aveeno moisturizer (love it)
Aquaphor for lips (can't live without it)

#302 liogregzag

liogregzag

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:43 PM

hI DEAR,

I wanted to enquire whether accutune could potential affect ur memory. Since have been off Accutane i've experience lots of lapses in my everyday thinking. I wanted to enquire whether that was due to accutune or something else because i've researched everywhere for info on memory lapses created from accutane to no avail. Please if u have sounnd knowledge on the area, by any means feel free to reply to this post as this is a very sensitive issue which i am actuall going through now. Especially, because i am in University and dear is a lot to take in already in lectures. surprised.gif

#303 Rikke

Rikke

As little as possible. Experimenting with hoof mineral blend for

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Martial arts, strength training, horses, dogs, music, Japan/Japanese, random things.

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:44 PM

Very nice! I'm thinking about starting accutane like my sister, but have been doubting as I suffer from depression - though it may be linked to my acne, so I'll speak to my doctors!
A quitter never wins and a winner never quits...

#304 ForSure

ForSure

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:20 PM

I've been fighting moderate acne on and off for the past four or so years. It really, really gets me down - sometimes so much so that I will skip class out of shame and embarassment.

I was given a topical treatment (Clindoxyl gel containing BP) and Tetracyline followed by Minocyline. They sort of helped, but didn't entirely clear me up.
I went off of them for a while and my acne has returned full strength.

I went to my university's health services, talked to a doctor and she said I was a prime candidate for Accutane and has set me up with an appointment with a Dermatologist.

So, in a week or two, I will be going to see a Dermatologist about my acne. I'm going to tell him/her that I've gone through a few topicals and a few oral antibiotics and that none have had the desired/targeted effect.

Now, my question sounds sort of..."sketchy", but here it goes:

1. What is the "best" way to convince a dermatologist to prescribe me Accutane? Should I tell them exactly what I just told you? And does my acne have to be so severe that I'm disfigured?

2. Also, as a 21 year old male, how soon after the initial appointment do you think I can get Accutane in my hands and begin?

Thank you so much for reading.

#305 uwoelliott

uwoelliott

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (ForSure @ Jan 6 2009, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been fighting moderate acne on and off for the past four or so years. It really, really gets me down - sometimes so much so that I will skip class out of shame and embarassment.

I was given a topical treatment (Clindoxyl gel containing BP) and Tetracyline followed by Minocyline. They sort of helped, but didn't entirely clear me up.

I went to my university's health services, talked to a doctor and she said I was a prime candidate for Accutane and has set me up with an appointment with a Dermatologist.

So, in a week or two, I will be going to see a Dermatologist about my acne. I'm going to tell him/her that I've gone through a few topicals and a few oral antibiotics and that none have had the desired/targeted effect.

1. What is the "best" way to convince a dermatologist to prescribe me Accutane? Should I tell them exactly what I just told you? And does my acne have to be so severe that I'm disfigured?

2. Also, as a 21 year old male, how soon after the initial appointment do you think I can get Accutane in my hands and begin?

1. If your dermatoligist is like mine, im sure they will be happy to prescribe it to you. I simply let mine know the truth. a) my acne was bothering me b) i had tried many other treatments. No questions asked, they wrote my prescription and said goodbye.
2. You will probably have to do a blood test to make sure your liver can handle the medication, but as soon as that is over with you are good to go. I hope you don't drink to hard at your university wink.gif
I ended up getting mine 2 days after the prescription

good luck!

#306 ForSure

ForSure

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:21 PM

Thanks a lot for your reply skierman. That's pretty much what I figured. Is your story with Accutane a success story?

#307 broken_love

broken_love

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:28 AM

i am on the week 6 of taking Isotretinoin...i'm a little bit confusing...
my situation seems to be worse.... there are much more acnes on my face...
while i 've read that amount of Isotretinoin that a client should take ,depends on their weight...but my doctor just asked me to take 20 mg per day ( i'm 60 kg )
what shoud i do ???? is my treatment going on the wrong way ?...
help me plz....
thx in advance..

#308 sinsandcruelty

sinsandcruelty

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2009 - 08:35 AM

hey, i was wondering..... Once the derm puts you on accutane do you go on it staight after or do you have to wait? i know you have to have blood samples but how long until you get the prescription? im in the UK so may differ to US patients cheers

#309 broken_love

broken_love

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:43 AM

and now i'm on the week 8 ....the break - out is still on my face...but i can feel the intensity is smaller...day by day....quite slow....what should i do to improve my skin better and faster ?...to avoid the scar or blur the scar-ed skin area ?

#310 harperB

harperB

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:49 AM

Is it normal to experience eyelash loss? I was on Accutane about 7 years ago and since then have had extremely sparse eyelashes. I never really thought about the connection between the hair loss and accutane until I was considering going back on it recently and began to do some research. I'm also very iffy about going back on it as I would like to have children in the next couple of years, I've been reading alot of mixed reviews on how long it stays in your system. Does anyone know how long I would have to wait? I don't want to take any chances.

#311 rna

rna

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:52 PM

Great post! Very informative!
I have just started on accutane 2 weeks ago for persistant non cystic acne. (now adult acne)

Question:
When are the side effects due to start? Im trying to "beat" them by drinking 4-6L of water a day (I do exercise daily), using intensive moisturizers and polysporin lip balm. I figured maybe being proactive in the prevention would help? Wondering when I will notice? Right now, I notice no differences with the exception of dryness in the eyes and nose.
Also, Im not breaking out. When does the initial breakout start- usually?

I dont expect results overnight. But Im on maternity leave for 5 weeks and am SERIOUSLY hoping that the worst will come and go before I make my return to the workplace.
Thanks!

#312 rna

rna

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (ForSure @ Jan 6 2009, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1. Ive only just started on accutane, and my acne is not terrible nor cystic, it's persistant. Your acne just has to be non responsive to methods you have previously tried as well as not responsive to antibiotics. No convincing needed, just tell your dermatologist what you just said.

2. I can only tell you my own experience: my appt was on a friday. left the dermatologist's office to get the initial bloodwork drawn. called the office on monday to ensure they received my lab work. They then faxed my prescription to my pharmacy. Started at noon on that Monday.

Good luck!

#313 wewe

wewe

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2009 - 04:28 PM

why there's nothing on how to clean the body from roaccutane residues ????i used roaccutane 4 years ago
and my face still peels off every week :S :S

#314 spowers9

spowers9

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2009 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE (TwIsTeDsTaTe @ Aug 24 2004, 04:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MY ACCUTANE TIPS!!!

1. Stay the hell away from the sun. ( even with super spf moisturizers u WILL tan and burn...so no beach...)

2. Take your pills right after your meals (you need some food in you in order for it to kick in better and fatty meals supposively help this process....so mickey dees it is..)

3. Stock up on the body lotion, and hydrocortisone cream since accutane will make you prone to scrapes and cuts most likely on your hands, arms and neck area. ( I had many days where I would go to school and my classmates would ask if I had scrapped with a pack of wolves on the way.....grr....)

4. Moisturize your mug at least once a day, it keeps your skin moist and may even help with the healing process of say pimples which you had a few words with.( if your a guy you might as well, since your never gunna touch that stuff ever again after your finished our cycle.....how many MALES out there mositurize? come onnn....)

5.Do not use any topical creams, including BP gel, acids, malaysian black shark string bean root cream, or wutever the hell your thinkin of slappin on while on accutane.( Less is more here people....who knows wut kind of interractions could occur......Accutane is powerful enuff guys...leave it be...)

6. Break out the Vaseline boyz! ya know we all got wholesale sizes of it stocked up in our closets. Vaseline and lip balm is crucial because your lips will become stones so apply as much as u can without lookin like u got shininglipssyndrome guys. Its easier for gurls cus its OK to have shiny lips but for us guys....its kinda a nono.....I use BLISTEX CLEAR ADVANCE...u can find it ur friendly neighbourhood shoppers drug mart...its designed for men cus it has NO shine...yayy....( so yea...no smoochin unless u want ur significant other to rip off a chunk of ur lip)

7. Do not POP anything since your skin will be extra fragile, the smallest pimple popped will enlarge and scar very easily. (many days ive had where i thought hey why not? its so small....so ready to be popped...so i squeezee an then BAMMMM!!! ....it looks like i got shot in the face the next morning....so no...no popping...)

8. Do not take ANY recreational drugs or alcohol.( isnt this obvious? accutane already messes your mental state...do you really need to smoke that fatty and do that line of yayo to get high? and for u alkys out there.....accutane weakens your liver.....hold on! doesnt alcohol weaken ur liver?? case closed.)

9. HAVE FUN!! ITS JUST ACNE!!!

10. Honestly people...one thing that gave me strength was seeing all the things out there that acne could never even come close to being compared to like the blind, the deaf, people with deformations, the handicapped, burnt victims, people dying... when you see something like that and you take a good look at your sad face in the mirror...do you really have the right to be so sad for yourself? I dont think so...so suck it up ....and hope for the best....good luck everyone.

I have a question for yall. I have been on accutane for almost two months and my face is clear but my shouldars and chest are still breaking out. anyone have any experience with this? not sure if for some reason accutane effects your face before the rest of your body. any info would be great

#315 Wynne

Wynne

Look into kitty's eyes....you're feeling polite and kind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:14 AM

I am going to close this Topic. Any individual questions can be asked on the main forum without adding onto this pinned post.

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=
*Glycolic Acid Product Recommendations *What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit

Wynne 2.9Beta Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Please ask questions on the boards, not via PM. That way all benefit. Thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users