Photo

plain water

oily skin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 tobi

tobi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 December 2002 - 01:42 AM

have you guys ever noticed or ever tried this before;
-just clean your face by using plain water, JUST plain water! two times daily, morning and evening. if you have oily skin, after you washing your face with plain water, wash your hands, then keep goin clean your face with PLAIN water. after u wash your face DONT USE ANY TOPICAL TREATMENT. leave it as it is.

i have an oily skin, and i had tried this before, it really works for sure. but it needs time, say.... three to four days. it will dry away the acnes, but dont have any effect to smoothen your skin. why im doin this? cuz, right now i live in china, i often go to the traditional market to see what are people selling, then i noticed these people are so poor that they dont have lot of money to buy facial cleanser, but they DO have a healthy skin on their faces! weird? yes... impossible? no. but i dont know how plain water could dry away the acne.

#2 Acnepiglet

Acnepiglet

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 22 December 2002 - 08:21 PM

I don't know where you are getting your info from, but that is so not true. :?

#3 njacobs

njacobs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2002 - 09:28 PM

I don't remember where I read it, but there is a reason that plain water does not serve as a sufficient cleanser. It has something to do with it not having the chemical properties to break down the dirt and oil on your face. Maybe the positive effect occurred from just giving your face a rest. After a few days, the dirt and oil would accumulate and probably lead to future breakouts.

#4 tobi

tobi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2002 - 11:08 PM

i used to had moderate-severe acne for two years(1999-2001), which i dont really know why i could possibly got acne. but on 2001 summer holiday, i went back to my home country(indonesia), and my big sister took me to see a derm. the derm gave me some prescription medications which include facial cleanser, toner, and two kind of lotions. whether it was cleanser, toner nor the lotions had no specific explanation written on the bottles. the one thing i could remember now is only the toner, on the bottle was written 'EMC', and i have no idea to figure out what was it exacly. the lotion was green and the other one was white. the green one was for to cure acne, the white one was for to make the red spot become better. and these medications really worked! after a week, my face was 50% cleared! and after couple of months or so, my face was pimple-free! i kept using these cleanser, lotions, and the toner till this summer(june). then right after i ran out of stock, i bought 'body shop facial cleanser for man', the result? got breakout again! but it was only 2-3 small pimples. my sister told me that i should go to the derm for the second time to buy the cleanser and stuff, but i didnt listen to her, cause i dont want to be 'depend' too much on it. therefore, my dad adviced me just use plain water to wash your face, so i did it! and the 2-3 small pimples disappeared slowly but sure. my face stay clear for 2 FULL months! but i think it only works for mild acne, but not for moderate level.

#5 urscrewed

urscrewed

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 December 2002 - 11:09 PM

I think maybe it was just your time to clear up, but what he's saying does make sense, all the chemicals we use on our boddies have good effects to it, but with good things isn't there always a bad side to it? To tell you the truth I think some of the over-the-counter medications just make it worse, why else then when we start out with acne, we have so little, and then after we try and treat it, it becomes worse and even more stubborn? I dunno just my .02 anyways I have no time to try new stuff, I've had enough and I'm finally on accutane, but after I'm off accutane I'll probably use Retain-A for scars, and after that nothing, and see how it goes. 2daLoo

#6 incubus777

incubus777

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 December 2002 - 08:32 PM

wow this is interesting.
I got one of those asshole friends who has the clearest skin I have ever seen...lol
So I asked him what he uses to clean his skin and he said, I dont wash my face, only with water in the shower.....but I think he is just one of those lucky few individuals....I would be scared to try it.
-Cory

#7 urscrewed

urscrewed

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 December 2002 - 11:46 PM

If you ask most people with clear faces what they use to clean their face, most of them will be like "what the hell are you talking about?" most of them just use plain ol water heh. Shhh! It's a conspiracy i tell you!!! LoL hey maybe it is so we keep having to buy their products.

#8 tobi

tobi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 December 2002 - 05:53 AM

wow this is interesting.  
I got one of those asshole friends who has the clearest skin I have ever seen...lol  
So I asked him what he uses to clean his skin and he said, I dont wash my face, only with water in the shower.....but I think he is just one of those lucky few individuals....I would be scared to try it.  
-Cory

give it a try, it wont hurt ya, and it costs you nothin. but i dont recommend this for moderate-severe acne.

#9 urscrewed

urscrewed

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 December 2002 - 01:36 PM

Just to add I believe the clarity of the water in your township also attributes to it, because there are good and bad minerals in water.

#10 tobi

tobi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2003 - 01:48 AM

yea u right. i tried this 6 months ago, and it last for 2 months. then when i was shopping in a supermarket in beijing, i bought a chinese herbs bar soap, on the package it says to prevent acne, so i used it, after using for 4-5 days, got breakout again, maybe it was too harsh for my face. since then my face had never as good as it was. i tried to go to beauty saloon..., and they really made me MAD! :idea: some pimples on my forehead were contributed by them.... stupid popping method..... geez...
anyway, then i tried chinese medicine orally and topically, nope sorry. they didnt work either. it makes me sad.... u know why? coz when i bought it, i bought it with confidence, but in the end they dissapointed me.... :shock:
fortunately, the dark sorrow days ARE GONE now! yap! they're gone! and i hope this time last forever. coz now i've been using a kind of skin regimen for..... let me see...... 6 days! and most of my whiteheads have gone. i can feel my skin texture gettin better from day to day when i wash my face, smoother, slowly but sure.
sorry, i cant tell u how the skin regimen works, nor what the products. not because im selfish, but some people thought one of a product that im using right now is not too 'friendly' for the skin, thus i'll keep it to myself at least for 2 another months ahead. after im sure these products are ok, then i'll write them down here on this message board and share them with others.

PS: i still recommend this plain water washing-method to everyone here who maybe just got confused which regimen works for their skin. try this method for 3-4 days, u'll see the different. by doing this u also give your face a rest for a while(not contiminated by any chemical products). when u're on 'plain water' method, DONT USE any topical treatment. and its not recommended for moderate-severe acne.

#11 urscrewed

urscrewed

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2003 - 08:10 PM

But seriously if you go to china or japan I haven't seen anyone with acne... Its a conspiracy I tell you!!! haha

#12 THX

THX

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2003 - 10:27 PM

I still believe its the diet. If I take a soda pop, I break out the next day. If I eat healthy for a week or so, I don't get any new pimples.

I don't care what the docs say, food, at least for me, does have an effect on acne. So my guess is, because the oriental diet does not consist of hamburgers, fries and soda pop, they don't get as much acne.

#13 tobi

tobi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2003 - 03:42 AM

But seriously if you go to china or japan I haven't seen anyone with acne... Its a conspiracy I tell you!!! haha

"come closer and say that again, pal..!"-------- garfield the cat said that :shock:

well urscrewed, no matter where u go, u'll see 1 or 2 people with acne on their face. i 've lived in china for nearly 4 years now, although most chinese people dont have acne on their face, but occasionaly u'll see who does have acne on his/her face. and.... i dunno... for chinese, they believe acne caused by lack-of-adaptation of local water and soil, this maybe leads to bad minerals in water, and the second one is FOOD..., yes food. but they think fatty food doesn't cause acne, is spicy food instead. spicy food makes the temperature of your body increase, so your inner body becomes 'hot', this causes acne. but have not DERMATOLOGIST TESTED yet lol. why did i say this? well as u know, i went to local skin treatment in the city where im living(yes in china) 4 months ago, they gave me chinese herb which supposed to clean up inside of my body from this 'hot' thing or whatever....(by the way, the herb was stink!!), but at the same time, they gave me BP CREAM(it was made of bp, alcohol and other item i forgot the name, and it had to be kept in refrigerator) and not-well-known toner!! IF..., if my acne were gettin better(duh... they were n-noo-ot), it must be the BP who cured my acne! not this herb! right?!? i dunno, im so confused....
and for THX, have u ever eaten beijing duck before? haven't?? go to your local china town and ask them for a beijing duck. after u saw and ate the duck, compare it with mc.donalds or KFC. no, im not on fast food side, but what im trying to say is.... does food cause acne? its still a big mistery for me :roll:

#14 urscrewed

urscrewed

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 January 2003 - 10:00 PM

Well hopefully they'll figure it out in the future, or even better NOW!!! Did you know in the United States Over 40% of our taxes goes to our Military, when we could be spending all that money for something else?