This topic is archived.
240 replies to this topic

#221 redspot

redspot

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:47 AM

does lumiport use UV light in any of their products?

#222 Lumiport

Lumiport

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:45 PM

Redspot- We do not use UV lights in our products. We use high powered LED's. Please feel free to contact with any additional questions you may have.

Lumiport

#223 nycguy83

nycguy83

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:50 PM

After buying a Tanda Zap and determining that blue light works for me, I've done a lot of research, and have narrowed it down to the following:

1. Dimaluxe: Blue and Red Acne Lamp for $200: 70 LEDs. If money were no object, I would buy the triple head for $600. Reasoning: This company makes professional medical equipment. If money were no object, would also consider the Britebox for $700.

2. Bright Pad by Bright Therapy for $200:

36 415nm Blue LED lights, 36 red, and 12 infrared LEDs, for $200. No replacing heads, hands free.

3. Sirius Aurora or Bright Therapy-SR11A for $130-150: Handheld, Red, Blue, and Green heads, and the heads last up to 10,000 hours. There are a few companies selling this multi-head handheld under different brands, price is good. Also, it plugs in, so I do not have to worry about a rechargeable battery dying.

4. Tanda Clear, $275 with the Red and Blue head, $200 with just Blue. Reports that battery dies before the heads do. But the Tanda Zap works for me, without a doubt, so I would consider the Clear. Maybe the Heat and Sonic Vibrations help.

Good luck all, I will update with my decision and results.

Edited by nycguy83, 11 January 2012 - 09:36 PM.

#224 deann

deann

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:56 AM

are there any antibiotics safe with light treatment

#225 deann

deann

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:48 AM

<ol>
<li>does anyone take antibiotics that are red with light therapy</li>
</ol>

#226 Brissyguy

Brissyguy

BG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:57 AM

The tanda is really tedious to use. I would recommend something with a larger head. Make sure it's 405-420nm in wavelength if it's blue.
This has been clinically proven to help acne. It's really time consuming for me. Some weeks when I'm busy I use it alot.
But it's more of a phase/fad thing for me. The charger does fail immediately when you bring it home,
it's a problem many people experience but the head is a decent size. It does overheat though.
So yeah. It's a leading brand but just thought a heads up would be nice considering the jaw-dropping price.

#227 alex92

alex92

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:13 AM

My dermatologist is offering me the Omnilux blue light therapy. 3 sessions per week for a month. But he isn't telling me for how long I will be acne-free. Has anyone ever done this? And I've also had to go through a Erbium Yag laser on my cheeks. How long should I wait for the blue light therapy?

#228 Caleb Browning

Caleb Browning

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:28 AM

I just got myself one the same time I started the regiment.... about a week ago. I got the Tanda Clear. It looks like a great product. Ive used it a few times. But then I decided I want to just try Acne.org's regiment by itself first. Before I start adding in new things.

#229 westeremma

westeremma

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:28 AM

As an acne sufferer myself I genuinely sympathize with the plight, and I certainly understand that feeling where anything goes as long as you can rid yourself of the misery that comes with it..but, on the other hand, we really ought to be careful in choosing procedures/products that don't have too much compromise (such as thinning it and so forth) on your skin long-term..I'd really urge you to stick to more natural means whenever possible..and there are plenty good ones that work wonders these days...!

#230 dynezola

dynezola

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:06 AM

I'm a 27 year old male who is finally sick of acne. I had moderate acne from 17-18, with a few cystic zits, but never really had severe acne. But after a decade of moderate acne, I'm fed up. My breakouts usually persist in a single area, slowly spreading outwards. It feels like my breakouts last for many months, maybe even a year or longer. When conditions are right, I'll manage to luck out and finally clear up my skin for a period of a few months, only for the cycle to begin anew.

I've been on the regimen for about 2 years. It's helped lessen both the severity and the duration of my breakouts, but still I have acne.

Well, I've been thinking about trying light treatment for a while. I just ordered the Lumiport Pulse. Ideally I'd rather have a larger unit that could effectively treat the whole face, but in the end I chose the Pulse because of its more reasonable price point ... and their presence on this forum helped make my decision.

I'll be sure to check in occasionally to let everyone know what kind of results I get from the Pulse. I sure wish there were more first-hand reports on this forum; it would help people like me in the future who are on the fence!

#231 dynezola

dynezola

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:52 PM

Update:

I've had the Lumiport Pulse for about 5 days now. First thing I noticed is, light treatment can really dry your skin out! Immediately after treatment, you can clearly see that the skin has dried out some. But I'll moisturize right afterwards and it looks fine. Also, if I get the light too close to the sensitive skin that rests right above my cheekbones, the skin looks red, as if I've had too much sun. At the very least, I accept this as proof that the light does indeed do *something*!

But I have to say, I'm pretty confident I'm getting good results. I was having a pretty bad breakout on my right temple, right forehead, and right jawline right when I got the Pulse. All these areas are under control now, but I still have a few zits popping up here and there, but they're tiny guys in the same local area as the problematic big ones when I was having that bad breakout -- not sure if these are just the remnants of what was already under the skin, or if these zits are breaking out irregardless of the light treatment. Time will tell.

After the second day of using the Pulse, one of the cysts on my right temple area had a ton of blood float to the surface until it broke through the surface (gross, I know, sorry for TMI). Anyone who has suffered from cysts knows that you can have them for months, even a year ... considering that I'd had this cyst for a few months before it surfaced without any kind of provocation besides the Pulse, I'm inclined to believe that's what agitated it. I have a purple-ish spot from where it was, but it's looking better every day.

My girlfriend is using it too -- her skin is much better than mine and she only really gets tiny blackheads under her bottom lip, but she thinks it's helping there. I think that both our complexions show improvement.

With all that being said, I almost always have initial success with a new skin treatment or regimen, only to be disappointed and let down when my skin adjusts and goes right back to breaking out as usual. If I stop showing improvements, I'm probably going to see an allergist. I still have hope this is going to drastically improve my skin, I've just been let down so many times I don't want to get too excited about it ... haha.

Anyway, I'll keep updating the thread with my experience, so hopefully it can benefit someone else who is on the fence.

#232 jonesbev

jonesbev

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:58 PM

is it really worthed? how much would it be ideally?

#233 lid3idw

lid3idw

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:31 PM

I only joined this site to warn everyone of my experience with Blu-U light treatment for acne. I had mild-moderate cheek acne prior to undergoing 4 weeks of 2 15 minute treatments per week (8 treatments). My forehead had always been crystal clear. However, since finishing this regimen my forehead breaks out with about 2-3 CYSTIC pimples a week. I have tried everything under the sun to get it to stop (retin-a, acanya, BP, Tea Tree oil, etc) and nothing will make it stop. Its scarring and I have completely lost all sense of self esteem. I'm the best man in my best friend's wedding this week, and I don't even want to go. The Blu-u has essentially ruined my skin. The improvement on my cheeks was minimal and it eventually faded. My advice if you're considering this treatment is to either skip it all together, or cover up the areas of your face that are clear. Again, this isn't a coincidence, and I'm positive it caused my forehead acne. I'm 27 and never had this condition.

Just trying to stop someone from making the same mistake as I did. I'm completely distraught over this and I'm not sure how much more I can take.

#234 Jabberwocky80

Jabberwocky80

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:21 PM

I have a Tanda. Had an older model that did nothing for my cystic acne, so the "good folks" who sold that to me completely ripped me off. The only "good" that came out of it was my oil seemed...well, looser, for lack of a better description. The red light did NOTHING for my pock marks.

For Christmas 2011 my husband bought me a newer version of the Tanda since my older one wouldn't charge and work. I thought that since I hadn't had a cyst in a while that it would help for my moderate acne. Combined with the spiro that I'm on, I think the blue light works fairly well. Seems to cut down on the break out time. Haven't tried the red light yet...we'll see how that goes.

#235 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:16 PM

Ive used Laser Genesis, only had one session, lets hope it works.... Ill need about 6 or 7.

#236 Tevez

Tevez

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:03 AM

I bought a red light theraphy device from Hollywoodbeautysecrets I tried it out today for the first time my skin felt good after the session you use it for 17 mins everyday it's meant to stimulate collagen in your skin hopefully for me my deep rolling scars will raise and smooth out.

#237 inndem

inndem

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

Why can't you use blue/red light therapy when taking Accutane?
Blue/red light won't irritate, burn, or dry your skin out. And LED devices won't give you a tan no matter how long you use them. Am I missing something here? :S

#238 stvn758

stvn758

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

Do you know how blue/red light affects skin with freckles?

Red light will make them darker. I have some on my face that faded after childhood and after using my red/blue bulb I was shocked by how much darker they had become. I had the bulb very close, so that might be the cause, they faded back to normal once I stopped for a while though.

Edited by stvn758, 30 October 2012 - 08:38 PM.

#239 epeppie

epeppie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

As an acne sufferer myself I genuinely sympathize with the plight, and I certainly understand that feeling where anything goes as long as you can rid yourself of the misery that comes with it..but, on the other hand, we really ought to be careful in choosing procedures/products that don't have too much compromise (such as thinning it and so forth) on your skin long-term..I'd really urge you to stick to more natural means whenever possible..and there are plenty good ones that work wonders these days...!

this is very interesting, the comment about thinning. i've wondered about this. do you know which products/treatments are considered to have thinning affect on skin?

#240 Lucasbomb

Lucasbomb

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Britney, Horror, cigs and gin

Achievements

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:20 AM

We have a red light full body machine at my work, I was using it 4 times a week, I thought it was making my acne worse tbh but now I think about it I had less when I was using it, I stopped about 6 weeks ago.. I now have just used it for 13 minutes LOL. shall let you know it two weeks what the diff is