Photo

Using Loofah scrubs to exfoliate

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 NegativeCreep

NegativeCreep

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 September 2006 - 01:05 PM

My mom recently introduced me to this method of exfoliating, and my skin hasn't looked this good in years.

All you need is one of those cheap Loofahs body scrubs that you can buy at Wal-Mart or similar stores.

They look like this and are cheap as hell:
IPB Image
Make sure you don't get something that doesn't look like this because, apparently, there are lots of different kinds of loofahs.

Take the Loofah, wet your face and wet the Loofah, and then take a little part of the Loofah with your fingers and rub your face with it. Your goal while doing this shouldn't be to tear the flesh off from your face, but rather to simply exfoliate.

If you have blackheads on your nose, you'll probably want to use slightly warm water to get them loose, and rub a little harder than you would on other areas of your face. Still, make sure you're not too harsh, and make sure the water's warm, but not hot at all. Hotter than lukewarm but colder than "hot" is what you want to aim for.

Upon using this, I've noticed smaller pores, less oil, smoother skin, marks clearing up more quickly, and I've only been using it for a few days.

For people with bacne, just lather up your Loofah body scrub with whatever soap you use and wash your back with it (while making sure to exfoliate well - you can be much rougher on your back than you can on your face). I started to get a little bit of bacne over the summer because I wasn't washing my back/shoulders as frequently using this method, and as soon as I started it up again, the bacne started to go away.

Hope someone other than me benefits from this method smile.gif

#2 Zippo

Zippo

Love and Death are always on my mind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 September 2006 - 01:48 PM

So you don't use any soap when you exfoliate your face? I've been wanting to get one of these for a while since I have a lot of flaky skin on my face from Tazorac and other stuff.

Me, Myself, and My Accutane log!

You know you want to read it.

Posted Image

"It's in your eyes."

#3 NegativeCreep

NegativeCreep

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 September 2006 - 05:46 PM

Yeah I don't use soap when I'm doing this. In the morning, I wash my face with soap first and then exfoliate using this method afterwards.

In the afternoon, I'll wet my face and then exfoliate with this method before I wash it and do my night routine with BP and stuff.

#4 Kitty_Collins

Kitty_Collins

angelino

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 September 2006 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE(NegativeCreep @ Sep 23 2006, 12:05 PM) View Post

My mom recently introduced me to this method of exfoliating, and my skin hasn't looked this good in years.

All you need is one of those cheap Loofahs body scrubs that you can buy at Wal-Mart or similar stores.

They look like this and are cheap as hell:
IPB Image
Make sure you don't get something that doesn't look like this because, apparently, there are lots of different kinds of loofahs.

Take the Loofah, wet your face and wet the Loofah, and then take a little part of the Loofah with your fingers and rub your face with it. Your goal while doing this shouldn't be to tear the flesh off from your face, but rather to simply exfoliate.

If you have blackheads on your nose, you'll probably want to use slightly warm water to get them loose, and rub a little harder than you would on other areas of your face. Still, make sure you're not too harsh, and make sure the water's warm, but not hot at all. Hotter than lukewarm but colder than "hot" is what you want to aim for.

Upon using this, I've noticed smaller pores, less oil, smoother skin, marks clearing up more quickly, and I've only been using it for a few days.

For people with bacne, just lather up your Loofah body scrub with whatever soap you use and wash your back with it (while making sure to exfoliate well - you can be much rougher on your back than you can on your face). I started to get a little bit of bacne over the summer because I wasn't washing my back/shoulders as frequently using this method, and as soon as I started it up again, the bacne started to go away.

Hope someone other than me benefits from this method smile.gif

That's not a loofa. That's a bath lily.
I'd rather have huge success and huge failures than travel in the middle of the road.
-Kevyn Aucoin

I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That's deep enough. What do you want, an adorable pancreas?
-Jean Kerr

Just because you are blind, and unable to see my beauty doesn't mean it does not exist.
-Margaret Cho

People often say that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder,' and I say that the most liberating thing about beauty is realizing that you are the beholder. This empowers us to find beauty in places where others have not dared to look, including inside ourselves.
-Salma Hayek

I can't breathe without affection.
-Louise Post

#5 Guest_Sincerely_Me_*

Guest_Sincerely_Me_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 24 September 2006 - 04:10 PM

Exfoliating definitely helps, but you don't want over-irritate your skin so you shouldn't do it all the time. ESP if yo uhave sensitive skin.

#6 tikvica

tikvica

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 September 2006 - 04:13 PM

i agree with sincerely me and i don't think bath lily is a good way of exfoliating your face
it can be very irritating
there are facial scrub or cream exfoliators that do much better job and are not that irritating (of course, they could be if u used them often)

#7 Kitty_Collins

Kitty_Collins

angelino

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 September 2006 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE(jasmina @ Sep 24 2006, 03:13 PM) View Post

i agree with sincerely me and i don't think bath lily is a good way of exfoliating your face
it can be very irritating
there are facial scrub or cream exfoliators that do much better job and are not that irritating (of course, they could be if u used them often)

Yeah. And how would you use a bath lily on your face anyway? They're about the size of your face anyway. I would imagine that could be quite cumbersome.
I'd rather have huge success and huge failures than travel in the middle of the road.
-Kevyn Aucoin

I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That's deep enough. What do you want, an adorable pancreas?
-Jean Kerr

Just because you are blind, and unable to see my beauty doesn't mean it does not exist.
-Margaret Cho

People often say that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder,' and I say that the most liberating thing about beauty is realizing that you are the beholder. This empowers us to find beauty in places where others have not dared to look, including inside ourselves.
-Salma Hayek

I can't breathe without affection.
-Louise Post

#8 tazorac

tazorac

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 September 2006 - 05:46 PM

i exfoliate with baking soda everyday
[removed by sigbot--dimensions break rules]

#9 Lana_D

Lana_D

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:55 PM

isn't that irritating for the face? I can see that that type of loofa is harsh. If you use it on your body, it's ok but on your face, oh no. face is sensitive than the body. Also, make sure that the loofah is really dry the next time you use it or is not stuck on the bathroom because bacteria multiplies fast in darl cold area.
“Do or do not... there is no try.�-yoda

Lana_D12@yahoo.com