Photo

Oregano Essential Oil

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 pink126

pink126

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2006 - 08:29 PM

Couple months ago I heard about how Oregano Essential Oil can help with acne. So bought a bottle of Oregano Essential Oil 2 days ago and decided to dab some of it on 3 huge zits on the right side of my face and today it is almost completely gone.!

found this article:

"Today, oregano essential oil has antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, antiparasitic, and antiseptic properties. For external use, oregano essential oil is valued as a strong analgesic and antirheumatic agent. The diluted oil (usually 5 drops essential oil to 25 drops of carrier oil, like jojoba) can even be rubbed on a toothache to relieve pain. The oil is also believed to reduce the discomfort associated with insect bites. Its powerful anti-microbial properties are said to assist in the prevention of infections and to treat skin fungi such as athlete's foot."

Anyway, make sure you dilute it in carrier oil such as jojoba, or it can burn! But I used it straight. I use Aroma Vera brand, but I think as long as it's pure it'll work fine. Works way better than TeaTree Oil.

#2 whitershadeofpale

whitershadeofpale

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2006 - 10:24 AM

I've heard Oregano oil is great for acne....I've also heard that Geranium Oil is very good for acne too, but ive never tried it....the only essential oils i've tried are tea tree, jojoba, and neem......and they gave me so so results

#3 Messy Jessy

Messy Jessy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me

Posted 18 December 2006 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE(lonelinessgame @ Sep 18 2006, 11:24 AM) View Post
I've heard Oregano oil is great for acne....I've also heard that Geranium Oil is very good for acne too, but ive never tried it....the only essential oils i've tried are tea tree, jojoba, and neem......and they gave me so so results

I have just started using this a couple weeks ago. Can I say AMAZING? I mix it with my face wash, Spectro Gel. It smells strong, tingles a little, but oh is my face ever clear!! I can't say enough good things about oregano oil. We just happened to have it in the cupboard as my dad is a vitamin freak. Just noticed we have organic apple cider vinegar, but with the oregano oil working this well, won't need anything else!!

#4 User15978

User15978

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 December 2006 - 10:49 PM

i use lavender oil with my aloe vera gel at night only....essential oils are really good.... biggrin.gif

#5 LiliVG

LiliVG

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 30 December 2006 - 02:19 PM

I've been taking oregano oil internally everyday, and it works great! I don't even have to wash my face, it just gets better every day. I'm definitely gonna keep using my oregano oil!

#6 R.S.

R.S.

Senior Administrator

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 December 2006 - 02:24 PM

Maybe you had candida then?

#7 strawberries

strawberries

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 December 2006 - 04:01 PM

I found this...

Methods and Results: Five EOs known to exhibit antibacterial properties were screened by disc diffusion assay and the most active were selected for further study in

microdilution colorimetric assays. Oregano (Origanum vulgare) and thyme (Thymus vulgaris; light and red varieties) EO had the strongest bacteriostatic and

bactericidal properties, followed by bay (Pimenta racemosa) and clove bud (Eugenia caryophyllata synonym: Syzygium aromaticum) EO. Oregano oil was colicidal at

625 μl l1 at 10, 20 and 37°C. The addition of 0·05% (w/v) agar as stabilizer reinforced the antibacterial properties, particularly at 10°C, whereas 0·25% (w/v) lecithin

reduced antibacterial activity. Scanning electron micrographs showed extensive morphological changes to treated cells.

#8 strawberries

strawberries

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 December 2006 - 04:15 PM

Which one to do use? Where can I find it?

#9 LiliVG

LiliVG

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 02 January 2007 - 09:33 PM

I got mine at Wild Oats in the dropper bottle. They also have some in capsules mixed with olive oil. I put 10 drops in a vegetable cellulose gelcap once in the morning and once in the evening. I do it that way cause I react badly to olive oil, so I try to avoid it as much as possible. But maybe the capsules would work fine for you? I don't know how many drops of oil is in each gelcap when they're sold that way though.

#10 Ell-

Ell-

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 January 2007 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE(R.S. @ Dec 30 2006, 03:24 PM) View Post

RubberSheep why do you say that? Is oregano oil supposed to work in reducing/eliminating candida as well?

#11 aussiegirl

aussiegirl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2007 - 02:08 AM

QUOTE(Ell- @ Jan 2 2007, 10:36 PM) View Post
QUOTE(R.S. @ Dec 30 2006, 03:24 PM) View Post

RubberSheep why do you say that? Is oregano oil supposed to work in reducing/eliminating candida as well?

Yep, oregano oil is great for candida - its an anti-fungal and an antiseptic, both internally and topically.

#12 searchingforthesolution

searchingforthesolution

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2007 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE(LiliVG @ Jan 2 2007, 10:33 PM) View Post
I got mine at Wild Oats in the dropper bottle. They also have some in capsules mixed with olive oil. I put 10 drops in a vegetable cellulose gelcap once in the morning and once in the evening. I do it that way cause I react badly to olive oil, so I try to avoid it as much as possible. But maybe the capsules would work fine for you? I don't know how many drops of oil is in each gelcap when they're sold that way though.

Was this recommended to you by someone? Also, are you aware of whether the drops can be put in water?

#13 crzyakta

crzyakta

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:12 AM

what are other good brands? is the vitaminshoppe version as effective? it says 50MG, and is mixed with olive oil

#14 R.S.

R.S.

Senior Administrator

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:20 AM

Wild Oats generic is pretty good, it's in tincture.

#15 crzyakta

crzyakta

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:46 PM

lilivg...10 drops pure oregano oil twice a day? hmm that seems like alot b/c what i am reading on oregano oil and how pungent and strong it is

also R.S. I have read your posts on liver flushing and parasite cleansing...I am in the middle of my own master cleanse juice fast (10 days in, 10 more to go)...lost a ton of weight and some muscle mass (I am lean naturally, but lift avidly...kinda sucks I lost that much weight)

I have also done 5 liver flushes to date, got alot of sludge out, but still have alot left as I show the symptoms still, ie hives on skin occasionally, itchy skin, food allergies, had asthma as a kid, fatigue, slight jaundice of the sclera (whites of eyes), and blackheads on nose

acne is very minimal since i started treating for demodex, but blackheads are still there (on nose really and sometimes on cheeks)...i think this is because my liver/gall bladder and possibly parasites/fungus...i will be doing a parasite cleanse (with Humaworm) after the master cleanse, followed by treatment with Threelac for candida

thoughts?

PS how's your skin doing?

#16 R.S.

R.S.

Senior Administrator

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2007 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE(crzyakta @ Jan 10 2007, 10:46 AM) View Post
lilivg...10 drops pure oregano oil twice a day? hmm that seems like alot b/c what i am reading on oregano oil and how pungent and strong it is

also R.S. I have read your posts on liver flushing and parasite cleansing...I am in the middle of my own master cleanse juice fast (10 days in, 10 more to go)...lost a ton of weight and some muscle mass (I am lean naturally, but lift avidly...kinda sucks I lost that much weight)

I have also done 5 liver flushes to date, got alot of sludge out, but still have alot left as I show the symptoms still, ie hives on skin occasionally, itchy skin, food allergies, had asthma as a kid, fatigue, slight jaundice of the sclera (whites of eyes), and blackheads on nose

acne is very minimal since i started treating for demodex, but blackheads are still there (on nose really and sometimes on cheeks)...i think this is because my liver/gall bladder and possibly parasites/fungus...i will be doing a parasite cleanse (with Humaworm) after the master cleanse, followed by treatment with Threelac for candida

thoughts?

20 day fast? Seems pretty long, are you having any sort of supervision / someone in a professional position watching over you?

I don't know if ThreeLac is generally the best thing for candida, but that's going by what a lot of others have said that it's mostly hype. If you really want to target candida you need to be serious about it, do a candida diet w/ antifungals and probiotics. The best probiotics are from dairy if you can tolerate it, homemade kefir being the highest. Yogurt isn't as good as kefir. There's also some PB supplements with like as much as 50 billion organisms per capsule, a lot. Jarrow is a brand I like.

Humaworm seems to be pretty effective for parasites.

Liver flushes - I've done 10 and still feel like I have a bit to go. Maybe you should look into things like Gold Coin Grass / stone breakers? Also there's that alternative egg yolk flush I posted, I've been doing it without epsom salts, not sure if it's made the biggest difference but even so I think the lecithin in eggs is VERY good for the liver.

My skin - very mild right now. If you looked at it you'd see mostly scars / red marks. Not too much in the way of active stuff and I'm healing faster. However it must be noted I really haven't been eating a great diet at all, though I do make sure to get things in like green smoothies and other healthy foods.

#17 Ell-

Ell-

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE(LiliVG @ Jan 2 2007, 10:33 PM) View Post

LiliVG, 10 drops is a lot of oregano oil. Remember that it is pretty hard on your liver and kidneys in large amounts.

#18 strawberries

strawberries

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 January 2007 - 08:25 PM

I got some of 100% pure oregano and just diluted it with grapeseed oil. It burned like hell. Does it always sting in the begining or did I not dilute enough? It was 25% Oregano oil 75% grapeseed mixed together in my palm. Although I put it on my neck and back and it didn't sting.

#19 crzyakta

crzyakta

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 January 2007 - 01:33 AM

hey R.S.

Yeah 21 day master cleanse, I am just starting day 12...so not too much longer...no doc watching over me, i gauge by my own reactions...i know my body well enough to do so...about the liver flushes, i will do a couple at the end of this cleanse, and i also spoke to Julia Chang about this on the phone for like 45 min, she is a very nice person

her GCG, and bitters supps will be part of my reg

QUOTE(R.S. @ Jan 10 2007, 06:33 PM) View Post
QUOTE(crzyakta @ Jan 10 2007, 10:46 AM) View Post

thoughts?

20 day fast? Seems pretty long, are you having any sort of supervision / someone in a professional position watching over you?

I don't know if ThreeLac is generally the best thing for candida, but that's going by what a lot of others have said that it's mostly hype. If you really want to target candida you need to be serious about it, do a candida diet w/ antifungals and probiotics. The best probiotics are from dairy if you can tolerate it, homemade kefir being the highest. Yogurt isn't as good as kefir. There's also some PB supplements with like as much as 50 billion organisms per capsule, a lot. Jarrow is a brand I like.

Humaworm seems to be pretty effective for parasites.

Liver flushes - I've done 10 and still feel like I have a bit to go. Maybe you should look into things like Gold Coin Grass / stone breakers? Also there's that alternative egg yolk flush I posted, I've been doing it without epsom salts, not sure if it's made the biggest difference but even so I think the lecithin in eggs is VERY good for the liver.

My skin - very mild right now. If you looked at it you'd see mostly scars / red marks. Not too much in the way of active stuff and I'm healing faster. However it must be noted I really haven't been eating a great diet at all, though I do make sure to get things in like green smoothies and other healthy foods.

#20 captormoonlu

captormoonlu

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 January 2007 - 06:52 AM

Is oregano available at any health food store? For applying it tropically, is there any side effects or special procedures? (diluting it...etc)