Photo

coming out with an effective scar treatment??

depression makeup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 acnesux09

acnesux09

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2006 - 04:51 AM

ok so with all the new advances in techology you would think they were to come out with sumthing that is at least effective. i mean shouldnt acne scars be counted as a "disease", depression is, and im pretty sure theres quiet alot of people out there that r depressed about thier scars, even if they arnt depressed they are probably holding back from the life they could of had with scarfree skin. If only every1 had scars then they would definatly have a cure by now shuxxxxxxxxxx i figure another 20 years blah eusa_wall.gif eusa_wall.gif

stupid question, but wouldnt it be possible to like make a topical collagen builder for the scars so it like raises them temporarily cause if thier were i would prefer that over makeup

#2 acnesux09

acnesux09

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2006 - 12:24 AM

lol i guess not, is there no sign at all that they will be coming out with a more effective treatment, isnt there that one stuff scarfade lots of people say it works??i got realllllyyyyy shallow scars u can only see them in direct light

#3 SuzanneHopes

SuzanneHopes

Gimme Candy!!!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2006 - 12:52 AM

i wish they made some kind of skin spackle..it would be nice, that darn wall spackle is just a bit too white for my complexion. eusa_shifty.gif

#4 Serpent...

Serpent...

Senior Snake

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2006 - 07:52 AM

Presenting... In the year 3000... A revolutionary scar removal portable laser device... Garanteed instant and 100% scar removing action...

Sadly, I won't get to live that long.

#5 Neca

Neca

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2006 - 08:00 AM

Well there is a highly promising company called Renovo who are in the final stages of their clinical testing to get their treatments approved:

http://www.renovo.com

There product treatment range is extremely interesting and am hoping this could help especially with regards to needling. The reason why needling atrophic scars doesn't really remove the scar tissue is because the IGFs that are produced post-trauma are not the same as the ones you experience when you are a child. Renovo restricts the scar forming IGFs and promotes the wound healing IGFs so virtually no scar tissue grows back.

I only hope their products work as the theory sounds great and are safe.

#6 acnesux09

acnesux09

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2006 - 12:30 PM

http://www.renovo.co...ent.asp?c_id=10 WOW that could be the answer for most of us when are they coming out with it??

#7 Neca

Neca

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2006 - 01:55 PM

Well the company is currently finishing off accumulating the results of phase 2 of clinical trials for most of their products:

IPB Image

From the above diagram you can see they have just one more phase to pass through until their products are ready for certification I think. So hopefully if all goes well Renovo could release the majority of their products some time in 2007; at least I think their flagship product Juvista will be released then. Each Juvista injection will probably be sold for around £140 ($290) which, if it's supposed to provide permanent improve, I'm not too worried to pay.

I am so interested in this product and so desperate to get my hands on it that I have contacted Renovo to ask whether they would be willing to trial it when I undergo scar revision for my atrophic scar.

#8 acnesux09

acnesux09

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2006 - 09:00 PM

wait are any of those treatments for rolilng scars lol??

#9 Optimistic

Optimistic

optimistic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2006 - 09:03 PM

LMAO!
Optimistic's Regimine
A.M. 1.Wash with Cetaphil
2.Apply Proactiv toner
3.Spot treat w/ Acne Free Scar Erase
4.Apply Smashbox Primer w/ Dermaxyl Complex
5.Apply make-up(Mineral make-up I luv it!)
P.M. 6.Reapeat steps 1-3
7.Remove eye make-up w/ petroleum jelly
8.Apply Lancome High Resolution w/ Collaser
to forehead and orbs.
9.Apply Orlane Paris Exterme Line Reducing to
lips.

#10 Neca

Neca

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 September 2006 - 07:33 AM

QUOTE(acnesux09 @ Sep 18 2006, 08:00 PM) View Post

In my view, Renovo's approach will help drastically improve any past scars and prevent future scarring eg if you are undergoing a surgical operation that may require deep skin insertions. For indent scars like boxcar or rolling scars and raised scars as well, I think the treatment will entail a small operation whereby the scar tissue is excised. However, prior to excision the scar and the surrounding vicinty of the scar is injected with a dose of human recombinant TGFβ3 and in addition a substance that prevents/reduces the formation of TGFβ1 and 2.

The theory behind it is that babies have a much higher chance of scarless wound healing due to the fact that they produce more TGFβ3 and less of the TGFβ1+2. While on the otherhand, us adults produce more TGFβ1+2 and much less TGFβ3 which causes scarred wound healing. Therefore, if you can find a way to stimulate the wound healing to only produce TGFβ3 and reduce the TGFβ1+2 then your chances of scarless healing is greatly increased.

This could quite possibly be one of the best treatments to come out for people with scarring or who scar easily. However, I am not getting my hopes up just yet since theory needs to be backed up by practice which is why the results of the stage II clinical trials will be most interesting. I'll let you know what happens if I decide to become a volunteer.

PS Try not too get too confused with the medical jargon, it's really quite easy to understand and just takes a few mins to read through.

#11 babadum

babadum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:46 PM

Hopefully they can come out with something good. You'd think they would after all these years. They've had plastic surgery for a long time. Sadly why didn't they focus on scars. bleh...

#12 seabs135

seabs135

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 January 2007 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE(Neca @ Sep 19 2006, 01:33 PM) View Post
QUOTE(acnesux09 @ Sep 18 2006, 08:00 PM) View Post

In my view, Renovo's approach will help drastically improve any past scars and prevent future scarring eg if you are undergoing a surgical operation that may require deep skin insertions. For indent scars like boxcar or rolling scars and raised scars as well, I think the treatment will entail a small operation whereby the scar tissue is excised. However, prior to excision the scar and the surrounding vicinty of the scar is injected with a dose of human recombinant TGFβ3 and in addition a substance that prevents/reduces the formation of TGFβ1 and 2.

The theory behind it is that babies have a much higher chance of scarless wound healing due to the fact that they produce more TGFβ3 and less of the TGFβ1+2. While on the otherhand, us adults produce more TGFβ1+2 and much less TGFβ3 which causes scarred wound healing. Therefore, if you can find a way to stimulate the wound healing to only produce TGFβ3 and reduce the TGFβ1+2 then your chances of scarless healing is greatly increased.

This could quite possibly be one of the best treatments to come out for people with scarring or who scar easily. However, I am not getting my hopes up just yet since theory needs to be backed up by practice which is why the results of the stage II clinical trials will be most interesting. I'll let you know what happens if I decide to become a volunteer.

PS Try not too get too confused with the medical jargon, it's really quite easy to understand and just takes a few mins to read through.

Hi Neca, I'm a lurker and I occasionally read through these forums (once every couple of months etc.) and I have come across your posts about scar free healing which I'm interested in as I have some scars (though not acne scars) etc.

And I was just wondering if you have seen this pdf file:

http://www.vcp.monas...sfuture2006.pdf

In it a Professor Kimble predicts scarless healing maybe available in four years... I also think he has already made some kind of break through with a fetal protien called fetuin.

Also in the mean time -whilst you are waiting for scarless healing to come out- have you read up about a second skin camouflage system called microskin? Its apparently water proof and you can even shave over it. It sounds good, though its not out in europe and North America yet... I just thought it may be of some use to some people with some type of acne scars...

cheers,

Kirk.

#13 christpunchers

christpunchers

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 January 2007 - 11:44 PM

Im pretty sure in 10 years' time we will have something that can treat 99% of our acne scar problems.

#14 Sound*of*Silence

Sound*of*Silence

Ancient Mummified Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2007 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE(kirk @ Jan 16 2007, 09:04 PM) View Post
Also in the mean time -whilst you are waiting for scarless healing to come out- have you read up about a second skin camouflage system called microskin? Its apparently water proof and you can even shave over it. It sounds good, though its not out in europe and North America yet... I just thought it may be of some use to some people with some type of acne scars...
cheers,
Kirk.

Thanks for the info Kirk..you should visit here more often.. smile.gif
However, I googled up MicroSkin. I was so hoping it was a skin filler type "simulated skin" capable of hiding atrophic scarring.. It's not. It's a camoulflage makeup. Probably good for conceiling red marks, but would do very little to hide atrophic scarring.

http://microskin.com.au/aboutus.htm

#15 seabs135

seabs135

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2007 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE(~Blythe @ Jan 17 2007, 06:55 AM) View Post
QUOTE(kirk @ Jan 16 2007, 09:04 PM) View Post
cheers,
Kirk.

Thanks for the info Kirk..you should visit here more often.. smile.gif
However, I googled up MicroSkin. I was so hoping it was a skin filler type "simulated skin" capable of hiding atrophic scarring.. It's not. It's a camoulflage makeup. Probably good for conceiling red marks, but would do very little to hide atrophic scarring.

http://microskin.com.au/aboutus.htm

Cheers Blythe, will visit more often, thouh I wont post much as I dont really have any serious acne.

All the best to all in your treatments, future treatments and regimes.

Cheers

Kirk.

#16 KnightInExile

KnightInExile

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:01 PM

Edited by KnightInExile, 30 September 2009 - 12:19 PM.