2 replies to this topic

#1 jinocide

jinocide

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 September 2006 - 11:00 PM

hi

i started exfoliating, and i have seem to have gotten good results from it as it really helps unclog those dry pimples that i have for several days even though dan said it might be too rough on my skin

however...

- i cant seem to clear up my forehead? ive still got little dry pimples...

- and my face seems to get OILIER a few hours after i exfoliate....

will my face adapt to this? or will this continue?

#2 oceanmist

oceanmist

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 September 2006 - 11:15 PM

how long have you been exfoliating for? if you just began, its kinda odd that u'd get oilier so quickly. because OVER-exfoliating definately makes ur skin produce more oil (top protective, moisture barrier layer of skin gets stripped off... body produces more oil to compensate for lost of moisture) . thats why stuff like Retin-A makes u more oily after a while cuz of all the excess peeling.... (i hate that stuff)

you can try exfoliating for a bit more, but if its making u more oily, then u might wanna stop. having really oily skin reaaaaaaally sucks i know

#3 Kitty_Collins

Kitty_Collins

angelino

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2006 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE(jinocide @ Sep 16 2006, 10:00 PM) View Post

hi

i started exfoliating, and i have seem to have gotten good results from it as it really helps unclog those dry pimples that i have for several days even though dan said it might be too rough on my skin

however...

- i cant seem to clear up my forehead? ive still got little dry pimples...

- and my face seems to get OILIER a few hours after i exfoliate....

will my face adapt to this? or will this continue?

What exactly are you using? You might try exfoliating with less frequency and using a more gentle product.
I'd rather have huge success and huge failures than travel in the middle of the road.
-Kevyn Aucoin

I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That's deep enough. What do you want, an adorable pancreas?
-Jean Kerr

Just because you are blind, and unable to see my beauty doesn't mean it does not exist.
-Margaret Cho

People often say that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder,' and I say that the most liberating thing about beauty is realizing that you are the beholder. This empowers us to find beauty in places where others have not dared to look, including inside ourselves.
-Salma Hayek

I can't breathe without affection.
-Louise Post

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users