Photo

Water

riboflavin niacin zinc aha alpha hydroxy acid

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 starrybabe21

starrybabe21

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2006 - 06:33 AM

Ok we all (or at least mostly) rave about drinking water smile.gif sometimes I drink as much as 3 litres a day in a bid for clear skin. But i notice people that have clear skin and that dont even know what a tap is ninja.gif lol and anyone gettin anywhere here with all that water they drink???!
Anyway..ive decided to cut my intake of water down and not drink too much in one go. From now on Im going to drink around 1.5 litres, besides fruit has LOADS of water so it helps anyways biggrin.gif If im exercising ill increase the amount i drink.

Reason for this you ask?
Well all them B vitamins we need are water soluble, same with Vitamin C and we are forever flushing them outta our system, apparently theyre meant to be supplemented to be replaced daily but all them vitamins are becoming a pain (not to mention get you in debt eusa_eh.gif haha) and i dont feel like buying them.

Vitamin B Complex
The B vitamins help to maintain healthy skin tone. They are also helpful in relieving anxiety and stress. Stress can be a major player in causing acne. The B vitamins should always be taken together. The vitamins in the B complex are Thiamine, Riboflavin, Niacin (Nicotinic Acid, Niacinamide), Pantothenic Acid, Pyridoxine and Cyanocobalamin. Each one of these vitamins has a specific role in promoting healthy skin, as well as overall health.

Thiamine (Vitamin B1)
Thiamine acts as an antioxidant ridding your body of toxins. It enhances circulation and assists in proper digestion. Recommended dosage to fight acne: 100 mg 3 times daily

Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
Riboflavin works together with Vitamin A to maintain and improve the mucous membranes in the digestive tract. It is also essential for healthy skin, hair and nails. Acne is a symptom of Riboflavin deficiency. Recommended dosage to fight acne: 100 mg 3 times daily

Niacinamide (Vitamin B3)
Niacinamide is vital for healthy skin by improving circulation and helping your body with the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins. A deficiency in Niacinamide will cause acne. Recommended dosage to fight acne: 200 mg 3 times daily

Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5)
Vitamin B5 is popular for reducing stress. It is needed for the proper function of the adrenal glands. Recommended dosage to fight acne: 100 mg 3 times daily

Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6)
Pyridoxine is important in the functioning of your immune system and your antibody production. A deficiency of vitamin B6 can result in acne. Recommended dosage to fight acne: 100 mg 3 times daily

Vitamin C with bioflavonoids
Vitamin C is another "super vitamin". It is an antioxidant that is required for at least 300 metabolic functions in the body, including tissue growth and repair.Vitamin C protects against infection and enhances immunity. Bioflavanoids have an antibacterial effect. Recommended dosage to fight acne: 1000 to 1600 mg 3 times daily If you have diabetes, ask your doctor about the proper dosage.

Anyway enough about that...just thought id share that i will be giving this a shot and not worrying anymore about drinking my 2 litres + a day, if im thirsty or just before i feel thirsty ill take sips here and there (not any time near meal times AT ALL!) and make sure to get 1.5 litres at least.

My skin so far is pretty clear actually, cod liver oil and evening primrose is working wonders, but instead of supplementing my diet with more vitamins tp get zinc, vit C and B vitamins, im just going to cut my water intake down a little and away from meals smile.gif

Any comments at all smile.gif

#2 Necromancer

Necromancer

ayla: Necro is God-Like he's so pretty.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 13 September 2006 - 07:44 AM

QUOTE(starrybabe21 @ Sep 13 2006, 08:33 AM) View Post

Ok we all (or at least mostly) rave about drinking water smile.gif sometimes I drink as much as 3 litres a day in a bid for clear skin. But i notice people that have clear skin and that dont even know what a tap is ninja.gif lol and anyone gettin anywhere here with all that water they drink???!
Anyway..ive decided to cut my intake of water down and not drink too much in one go. From now on Im going to drink around 1.5 litres, besides fruit has LOADS of water so it helps anyways biggrin.gif If im exercising ill increase the amount i drink.

Reason for this you ask?
Well all them B vitamins we need are water soluble, same with Vitamin C and we are forever flushing them outta our system, apparently theyre meant to be supplemented to be replaced daily but all them vitamins are becoming a pain (not to mention get you in debt eusa_eh.gif haha) and i dont feel like buying them.

Vitamin B Complex
The B vitamins help to maintain healthy skin tone. They are also helpful in relieving anxiety and stress. Stress can be a major player in causing acne. The B vitamins should always be taken together. The vitamins in the B complex are Thiamine, Riboflavin, Niacin (Nicotinic Acid, Niacinamide), Pantothenic Acid, Pyridoxine and Cyanocobalamin. Each one of these vitamins has a specific role in promoting healthy skin, as well as overall health.

Thiamine (Vitamin B1)
Thiamine acts as an antioxidant ridding your body of toxins. It enhances circulation and assists in proper digestion. Recommended dosage to fight acne: 100 mg 3 times daily

Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
Riboflavin works together with Vitamin A to maintain and improve the mucous membranes in the digestive tract. It is also essential for healthy skin, hair and nails. Acne is a symptom of Riboflavin deficiency. Recommended dosage to fight acne: 100 mg 3 times daily

Niacinamide (Vitamin B3)
Niacinamide is vital for healthy skin by improving circulation and helping your body with the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins. A deficiency in Niacinamide will cause acne. Recommended dosage to fight acne: 200 mg 3 times daily

Vitamin B5 is popular for reducing stress. It is needed for the proper function of the adrenal glands. Recommended dosage to fight acne: 100 mg 3 times daily

Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6)
Pyridoxine is important in the functioning of your immune system and your antibody production. A deficiency of vitamin B6 can result in acne. Recommended dosage to fight acne: 100 mg 3 times daily

Vitamin C is another "super vitamin". It is an antioxidant that is required for at least 300 metabolic functions in the body, including tissue growth and repair.Vitamin C protects against infection and enhances immunity. Bioflavanoids have an antibacterial effect. Recommended dosage to fight acne: 1000 to 1600 mg 3 times daily If you have diabetes, ask your doctor about the proper dosage.

Anyway enough about that...just thought id share that i will be giving this a shot and not worrying anymore about drinking my 2 litres + a day, if im thirsty or just before i feel thirsty ill take sips here and there (not any time near meal times AT ALL!) and make sure to get 1.5 litres at least.

My skin so far is pretty clear actually, cod liver oil and evening primrose is working wonders, but instead of supplementing my diet with more vitamins tp get zinc, vit C and B vitamins, im just going to cut my water intake down a little and away from meals smile.gif

Why is everyone on these forum trying to measure how much water they drink as if it is some chore? 3 liters wasn't a lot and 1.5 liters is less. Why are you cutting it down? Drink 1 gallon or until your urine is clear. What is up with these individual vitamins people take? If it works, then that is fine. But, it is just making the vitamin proportions in your body out of balance. It is also far more expensive than getting your vitamins with regular food. Also people usually don't know how to take vitamins correctly. I just don't get it and don't know what people are thinking when they decide these extreme vitamin intakes. Case closed.

ninja.gif

#3 BJ'sGuRL

BJ'sGuRL

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 11
About Me

Posted 13 September 2006 - 07:49 AM

Drinking to much water can be dangerous! if you overdo it it kills off all the electolites in your body which can result in you having problems with the oxygen in your blood...well so i've been told lol

#4 Necromancer

Necromancer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2006 - 07:53 AM

QUOTE(BJ'sGuRL @ Sep 13 2006, 09:49 AM) View Post

Drinking to much water can be dangerous! if you overdo it it kills off all the electolites in your body which can result in you having problems with the oxygen in your blood...well so i've been told lol

Huh? I don't know where people get their information from. Just another person that advocates: water = death. Unbelievable. Before I get destroyed by more confused people, there are 24 hours in a day and usually people are awake for 16 of those hours. Drinking 1 gallon of water during that period of time is very simple and not "dangerous". Case closed.

ninja.gif

#5 starrybabe21

starrybabe21

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2006 - 07:57 AM

OMG shut up with ur CASE CLOSED crap evil.gif do u have any idea how annoying it gets????!!!
and anyway BJ'sGuRL is right about that water, it is possible to drink too much, athlethes do it and also any person suffering from acne thinking it would clear their skin would drink loads too!

Water intoxication and hyponatremia result when a dehydrated person drinks too much water without the accompanying electrolytes.It's Not How Much You Drink, It's How Fast You Drink It!

The kidneys of a healthy adult can process fifteen liters of water a day! You are unlikely to suffer from water intoxication, even if you drink a lot of water, as long as you drink over time as opposed to intaking an enormous volume at one time. As a general guideline, most adults need about three quarts of fluid each day. Much of that water comes from food, so 8-12 eight ounce glasses a day is a common recommended intake. You may need more water if the weather is very warm or very dry, if you are exercising, or if you are taking certain medications. The bottom line is this: it's possible to drink too much water, but unless you are running a marathon or an infant, water intoxication is a very uncommon condition.

so there..case F*CKIN closed evil.gif

Tanx for the input BJ'sGuRL wink.gif

#6 Frumpy&Bumpy

Frumpy&Bumpy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 September 2006 - 07:58 AM

An bit of info about water and CONSTIPATION / COLON HEALTH that may relate to our skin .

Years ago, my mom would try to make Saur Kraut but it would never work. My aunt who lived on a farm with spring water however had no problem making saur kraut . The reason mom could never make saur kraut....
It was the CHLORINE in our city water. It was killing all the good bacteria on the cabbage.

THen, ,I read that there is a type of bacteria in our colon that is beneficial to digestion and moving things along regularly if you know what I mean. You guessed it, it's that same bacteria that's on the cabbage. (not the same as the one in yogurt). I think the book was Healthy Colon Handbook and kraut and kim chee were great for your colon health. It also recommending making a fermented cabbage juice called Rejuvenac.

Anyway....

I drink a lot of water and eat a lot of fiber but still have trouble with elimination and acne of course. Recently I was thinking of either buying some of those probiotic pill s with the good bacteria, eating more cabbage, or drinking nothing but chlorine free (DISTILLED) water to see if it would improve my bowel habits and face.

I drink nearly a gallon of water everyday and it hasn't cleared my skin. Maybe that's cause the chlorine is destroying all good digestive bacteria?????

#7 soadfan1

soadfan1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 13 September 2006 - 08:00 AM

Necro Im afraid you are very wrong and to say case closed shows incredible ignorance. Drinking a lot of water can be very harmful especially if you are not eating enough salt.

Classic case of some not reading something up before claiming that others are wrong or that the case is closed.

Water intoxication happens when the electrolyte balance in the body is too low and the cells cannot function, it produces similar symptoms to de-hydration. Although generally its not EASY to over hydrate yourself, manical acne worriers may start gulping down litres at a time when this is an extremely dangerous thing to do.

http://en.wikipedia....er_intoxication

I drink about 2-2.5 litres a day and I worry sometimes if Im taking it in too fast.

Just keep your salt levels up though and it should be fine.

#8 starrybabe21

starrybabe21

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2006 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE(Frumpy&Bumpy @ Sep 13 2006, 02:58 PM) View Post

An bit of info about water and CONSTIPATION / COLON HEALTH that may relate to our skin .

Years ago, my mom would try to make Saur Kraut but it would never work. My aunt who lived on a farm with spring water however had no problem making saur kraut . The reason mom could never make saur kraut....
It was the CHLORINE in our city water. It was killing all the good bacteria on the cabbage.

THen, ,I read that there is a type of bacteria in our colon that is beneficial to digestion and moving things along regularly if you know what I mean. You guessed it, it's that same bacteria that's on the cabbage. (not the same as the one in yogurt). I think the book was Healthy Colon Handbook and kraut and kim chee were great for your colon health. It also recommending making a fermented cabbage juice called Rejuvenac.

Anyway....

I drink a lot of water and eat a lot of fiber but still have trouble with elimination and acne of course. Recently I was thinking of either buying some of those probiotic pill s with the good bacteria, eating more cabbage, or drinking nothing but chlorine free (DISTILLED) water to see if it would improve my bowel habits and face.

I drink nearly a gallon of water everyday and it hasn't cleared my skin. Maybe that's cause the chlorine is destroying all good digestive bacteria?????

Drink less water! Just a thot since people drink soo much and still struggle with their skin, how bout drinking less regularly and away from meals smile.gif by drinking that much your you can end up flushing vital nutrients out of your body and water solouble vitamins ...
gud luck wink.gif

QUOTE(soadfan1 @ Sep 13 2006, 03:00 PM) View Post

Necro Im afraid you are very wrong and to say case closed shows incredible ignorance. Drinking a lot of water can be very harmful especially if you are not eating enough salt.

Classic case of some not reading something up before claiming that others are wrong or that the case is closed.

Water intoxication happens when the electrolyte balance in the body is too low and the cells cannot function, it produces similar symptoms to de-hydration. Although generally its not EASY to over hydrate yourself, manical acne worriers may start gulping down litres at a time when this is an extremely dangerous thing to do.

I drink about 2-2.5 litres a day and I worry sometimes if Im taking it in too fast.

eusa_dance.gif yay a sincere NOT biased backed up reply...i like it biggrin.gif maybe u cud teach necro a thing or two wink.gif
I was wondering more about water soluble vitamins..think it has an effect on them?? eusa_think.gif

#9 Necromancer

Necromancer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2006 - 08:08 AM

QUOTE(soadfan1 @ Sep 13 2006, 10:00 AM) View Post

Oh my god. I am not talking about drinking just water all day. I thought you all have common sense that you are also supposed to eat during the day. We are not fasting here. Almost all foods have some amount of sodium included so this shouldn't be problem unless you decide to show me how you can eat a whole diet sodium free by eating a bunch of fruit and vegetables.

Starrybabe, you are mean and are one of many who don't know what 'case closed' means. From the way you reacted, you are very far from knowing what it means and for that I apologize.

Case closed.

ninja.gif

#10 mikee

mikee

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2006 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE(Necromancer @ Sep 13 2006, 09:44 AM) View Post

Reason for this you ask?

Vitamin B Complex

Thiamine (Vitamin B1)

Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)

Niacinamide (Vitamin B3)

Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6)

Why is everyone on these forum trying to measure how much water they drink as if it is some chore? 3 liters wasn't a lot and 1.5 liters is less. Why are you cutting it down? Drink 1 gallon or until your urine is clear. What is up with these individual vitamins people take? If it works, then that is fine. But, it is just making the vitamin proportions in your body out of balance. It is also far more expensive than getting your vitamins with regular food. Also people usually don't know how to take vitamins correctly. I just don't get it and don't know what people are thinking when they decide these extreme vitamin intakes. Case closed.

ninja.gif

this is the only post ive ever agreed on with necromancer.

#11 Necromancer

Necromancer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2006 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE(mikee @ Sep 13 2006, 11:33 AM) View Post

QUOTE(Necromancer @ Sep 13 2006, 09:44 AM) View Post

Reason for this you ask?

Vitamin B Complex

Thiamine (Vitamin B1)

Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)

Niacinamide (Vitamin B3)

Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6)

ninja.gif

this is the only post ive ever agreed on with necromancer.

It's a start eusa_angel.gif . Case closed.

ninja.gif

#12 ronnie_bb

ronnie_bb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2006 - 11:01 AM

Yeah I heard its really good.

#13 Necromancer

Necromancer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2006 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE(ronnie_bb @ Sep 13 2006, 01:01 PM) View Post

^^ You're a fuckwit.

Case closed.

ninja.gif

Wow, you are like the 4th or 5th member that used their 1st post to curse at me. I feel so lucky. Next time you should use your first post for good rather than evil. Case closed.

ninja.gif

#14 holyhandgrenade

holyhandgrenade

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2006 - 03:55 PM

you should drink enough water so your urines clear, which is usually 8-10 glasses

drinking too much like a gallon will flush out nutrients vital for your skins health.

the key is good balance

#15 fiction

fiction

Boozie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2006 - 08:01 PM

I love this 'Case Closed' thing. It's hilarious smile.gif

#16 kristen rae

kristen rae

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2006 - 08:15 PM

ya know, im no expert but i drink about a gallon of water each day...and i know that your body eliminates what it doesnt need, but i also know that if you are taking a multi vitamin, a quality one, you will definitely get enough nutrients. your body only takes what it needs, and will not flush out all your vitamins...they are digested into your body and stored. i could be wrong but this is what i know, and since our body's are mainly composed of water, its probably good to be drinking it. if anything, just eliminate sodas, juices, etc. all that sugar def cant help.

has anyone had luck with a dairy free diet and acne???

#17 immy4950

immy4950

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2006 - 08:16 PM

I'm a big water drinker, and in general i only drink filtered water and 100% juices.

Also about every week i buy a bottle of the concentrated cranberry juice from the health food section, the kind that you really can't drink straight because it's so strong. about every few days i add some to my big bottle of water and drink that. The taste is incredibly tart...and not very enjoyable, but you get used to it. I'm a big believer in water and cranberry juice, mainly for flushing out your system. I figure that since cranberry juice helps your health in so many other ways, it might help acne. If it doesn't no biggie, i'm still getting the water i would be getting anyway, not to mention some vitamin C.

#18 Necromancer

Necromancer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2006 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE(kristen rae @ Sep 13 2006, 10:15 PM) View Post

ya know, im no expert but i drink about a gallon of water each day...and i know that your body eliminates what it doesnt need, but i also know that if you are taking a multi vitamin, a quality one, you will definitely get enough nutrients. your body only takes what it needs, and will not flush out all your vitamins...they are digested into your body and stored. i could be wrong but this is what i know, and since our body's are mainly composed of water, its probably good to be drinking it. if anything, just eliminate sodas, juices, etc. all that sugar def cant help.

These are the members that understand the biology of the human body. Case closed.

ninja.gif

QUOTE(immy4950 @ Sep 13 2006, 10:16 PM) View Post

I'm a big water drinker, and in general i only drink filtered water and 100% juices.

Also about every week i buy a bottle of the concentrated cranberry juice from the health food section, the kind that you really can't drink straight because it's so strong. about every few days i add some to my big bottle of water and drink that. The taste is incredibly tart...and not very enjoyable, but you get used to it. I'm a big believer in water and cranberry juice, mainly for flushing out your system. I figure that since cranberry juice helps your health in so many other ways, it might help acne. If it doesn't no biggie, i'm still getting the water i would be getting anyway, not to mention some vitamin C.

Even better! This is awesome. Smarter members keep joining! Case closed.

ninja.gif

QUOTE(holyhandgrenade @ Sep 13 2006, 05:55 PM) View Post

you should drink enough water so your urines clear, which is usually 8-10 glasses

drinking too much like a gallon will flush out nutrients vital for your skins health.

the key is good balance

Can we say 3-peat? Case closed.

ninja.gif

#19 Betty-Boop

Betty-Boop

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2006 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE(kristen rae @ Sep 13 2006, 08:15 PM) View Post

Dairy products and chocolate make me break out! I don't think eliminating these will take away acne, they sometimes, depending onthe person of course, will make it worse, or if I am clear for a bit, cause me to breakout.
Water is great for you, it will not kill you 8-10 8oz glasses is optimal, maybe 20 - 30 may flush out too much I really have not discussed this with my Dr. Besides I would either get too boated or spend all day going pee!
Case Closed.

P.S. biggrin.gif Just having a little fun Necromancer, not intended as an insult!!! I needed to have a little fun tonight, I had a low day. cry.gif

#20 Necromancer

Necromancer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2006 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE(JodieM @ Sep 13 2006, 10:50 PM) View Post

QUOTE(kristen rae @ Sep 13 2006, 08:15 PM) View Post

Dairy products and chocolate make me break out! I don't think eliminating these will take away acne, they sometimes, depending onthe person of course, will make it worse, or if I am clear for a bit, cause me to breakout.
Water is great for you, it will not kill you 8-10 8oz glasses is optimal, maybe 20 - 30 may flush out too much I really have not discussed this with my Dr. Besides I would either get too boated or spend all day going pee!
Case Closed.

P.S. biggrin.gif Just having a little fun Necromancer, not intended as an insult!!! I needed to have a little fun tonight, I had a low day. cry.gif

If somewhere in that post was a putdown, then that's the greatest putdown I've had all day. First, it included no curse words directed at me or my family. Second, it didn't refer to me being a moron, gay, or an idiot. Third, I still don't see the put down. So Necromancer approves the insult, wherever it is at or isn't at. Case closed.

ninja.gif