Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LionQueen

Aleve for premenstrual and mid-cycle acne

222 posts in this topic

i'm from canada.. anyone knows a website that i can order it off since i don't *think* they sell it here in canada? thanks!

Aleve is just Naproxin (sp?) I am sure they sell that in Canada. I used to live in Buffalo, NY so I know for sure they had it in Ontario.

Good luck!

How can I face the world when I don't even want to face myself in the mirror??

I am a 30 year old female. I have had mostly moderate acne for almost 20 years.

Started Accutane 11/22/06: 40mg 2X daily

Cetaphil face wash in morning

Panoxyl Soap at night (contains BP)

2- 3X weekly Mix Cetaphil cleanser with Baking Soda to exfoliate at night (AMAZING!)

Cetaphil lotion morning and night

At least 8 - 8oz glasses of water/day

AQUAPHOR

(Generic Accutane = Claravis) My Accutane Log

Ok, I'm going to try this. Thanks for the tip! :cool:

... for doubt and secrecy are the lure of lures, and no new horror can be more terrible than the daily torture of the commonplace. - H.P. Lovecraft

"You people are a bunch of fickle mushheads!" -Mayor Quimby

I didnt know Aleve could be used for the horrible breakouts before my period. I just started using it for my pain in my knees

My regimen changed (starting 5/16/09) and I am not a happy camper

AM regimen

Wash face and chest with Kaiser 5% bp wash

Moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream

Apply Estee Lauder Future Perfect Eye Cream

Apply make up, blush, finishing powder, MAC moisture cover to dark underyeye circles

Pop a doxycycline

PM regimen

Remove make up with desert esscence jojoba oil using cotton balls

starting evening of May 28, 2009, I wash my face with Face Reality Skincare Sensitive Skin Gel Cleanser at night time only

Apply Differin to face and chest

Wait to dry and moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream

Pop a doxycycline

Foundation- MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NC20 or MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NW15, apply a MAC blush, apply MAC prep and prime finishing powder

Anyone who has a problem zit thats having a hard time healing, try this and let me know if it helped you. Mix one tablespoon of sea salt with three tablespoons of warm water, apply to a cotton ball or a paper towel. Apply to the zit for ten to fifteen minutes, and then wash it off.

I just came to tell LQ how much I <3 her again. This working SO well for me.

and as far as what kind of aleve I just get the tablets.

Thanks, Ami .... I am SO happy that you've had such success!

and I think I get the caplets? it really should make no difference.

Retired from Acne.org

Why is this in Adult Acne? We need a girl's forum or something. :confused:

Experience_The_Pat: my brother called me when i was really tired one time

Experience_The_Pat: and i was like "hey what's up? not much"

Experience_The_Pat: needless to say there was massive confusion

I take Aleve for my knee pain but its cool that it helps with premenstration

AM regimen

Apply make up, blush, finishing powder, MAC moisture cover to dark underyeye circles

Pop a doxycycline

PM regimen

starting evening of May 28, 2009, I wash my face with Face Reality Skincare Sensitive Skin Gel Cleanser at night time only

Pop a doxycycline

Foundation- MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NC20 or MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NW15, apply a MAC blush, apply MAC prep and prime finishing powder

Anyone who has a problem zit thats having a hard time healing, try this and let me know if it helped you. Mix one tablespoon of sea salt with three tablespoons of warm water, apply to a cotton ball or a paper towel. Apply to the zit for ten to fifteen minutes, and then wash it off.

Why is this in Adult Acne? We need a girl's forum or something. :confused:

You're a WOMAN now.

Experience_The_Pat: my brother called me when i was really tired one time

Experience_The_Pat: and i was like "hey what's up? not much"

Experience_The_Pat: needless to say there was massive confusion

Uh oh! I took Aleve for a week. No wonder my stomach is hurting Although on the bottle it says do not exceed ten days as it can cause liver problems and as you said internal bleeding

AM regimen

Pop a doxycycline

PM regimen

Pop a doxycycline

Does regular aspirine work?

I suppose it might help ... aspirin is an anti-inflammatory as well. But I suspect that Advil is more effective than aspirin .... and I find Aleve more effective than Advil.

I'm taking it again this week, and it is DEFINITELY working. I started as soon as the first tiny zits popped up, and 24 hours later they'd all gone down again. :dance:

BTW, I take EFAs daily ... they are definitely great for my skin, and I see a huge difference when I'm taking them. But I would still get the PMS pimples if it weren't for Aleve.

AM regimen

Pop a doxycycline

PM regimen

Pop a doxycycline

I'm a little confused on how long I'm supposed to take it for. Is it 3-4 days before the period for 2x a day, or is it for a longer period?

Last time I did the aspirin mask for a few days in a row, and my stomach continuously hurt for a few days afterwards.

I'm a little confused on how long I'm supposed to take it for. Is it 3-4 days before the period for 2x a day, or is it for a longer period?

Last time I did the aspirin mask for a few days in a row, and my stomach continuously hurt for a few days afterwards.

Retired from Acne.org

3-4 days before my period, 2x daily works well for me. You don't want to take it any longer than you have to.

I can't see any reason why the aspirin mask would make your stomach hurt ..... probably coincidence. Cramps, maybe?

3-4 days before my period, 2x daily works well for me. You don't want to take it any longer than you have to.

I can't see any reason why the aspirin mask would make your stomach hurt ..... probably coincidence. Cramps, maybe?

I only break out about 14 days after my period starts for like an entire week should I take the aleve at like day 11 after my period or do I take it for the week I break out?

Morning

Wash with Cetaphil

Apply BP (pea sized amount)

Apply nuetrogena moisturizer for sensitive skin if needed

Night

Wash with Cetaphil

Apply BP (pea sized amount)

Apply AHA moisturizer

Take vitamins and try to stay away from high carbs/sugar

I only break out about 14 days after my period starts for like an entire week should I take the aleve at like day 11 after my period or do I take it for the week I break out?

Retired from Acne.org