Photo

Speed Heal Cysts Quickly

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 matthew889

matthew889

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2006 - 01:01 AM

I found a way that seems to speed up the healing of cysts quickly.

I use a corn remover (Dr. Scholl's 40% salicylic acid corn/callous remover pads) pads and put them on my nose cyst. The salicylic acid will peel into the deeper layers to reveal the cyst, so that the cyst can reach the surface of the skin and finish its cycle.

While these are corn removers, caution should be taken to make sure that you are not senstiive to it.

#2 kc11

kc11

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:19 AM

Does that take the skin off??
And are your cysts deep under the skin or on the surface?? cause mine aren't afraid rise to the top and make themselves known. I wouldn't want to make them worse

#3 matthew889

matthew889

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:53 AM

I left my corn remover pad on too long, but if you do only a couple hours, it should soften the skin and speed up the peeling.

Usually, cysts will enlarge and reach the surface. The surrounding skin will peel due to the skin expanding and cells regenerating at a faster rate in response to the infection and and healing. This happens with any injury to the skin. If you have a cut, the new cells replace the damaged ones and you will see peeling/flaking of the injured area. The same is true for cysts and any other injury.

A few cysts may remain under the skin because it is too deep, but most of my cysts do tend to surface. The corn remover pads only speed up the peeling process to raise the cyst to the skin surface. This is akin to draining the cyst.

Cysts have showed up in strange places like my elbows and knees. However, scarring has never occurred in these areas - only on the face. I swear, scarring is guaranteed on the face, but never on the elbows, and I've picked on my elbows and yet have been gentle to my face, so go figure!

#4 Alzi

Alzi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:46 AM

Thanks, I'll have to try this out. How likely is this to scar versus letting the cyst heal up on its own?

#5 Alzi

Alzi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 September 2006 - 10:15 AM

Oh and one more thing, how is this different from the aspirin mask? I would think aspirin mask has more SA thus is better at drawing out the cyst (although this hasn't been my experience), no?

#6 matthew889

matthew889

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 September 2006 - 10:25 AM

Alzi, it's hard to know what these bloody cysts will do - whether they'll scar or not. My opinion is that the longer the infection is allowed to continue, the greater the damage to the cells and likelihood of scarring. Studies have shown that such infections can lead to irreversible cell damage and cause skin pitting and scarring. That's why a cut will heal level to your surrounding skin, but acne damage will leave pock marks because of cell necrosis.

There have been times when I've let a cyst heal by itself but would pop when I washed my face. Other times, a very deep cyst would remain under my skin for 8 weeks. Still, I've tried draining and this will leave a minimal scar. When I repeatedly drained and poked my cyst over and over, the scar was more apparent and infection spread.

Salicylic acid in corn remover pads have a stronger keratolytic (dead skin removing effect of the stratum corneum) than benzoyl peroxide. Benzoyl peroxide has a deeper effect while the salicylic sloughs off the top layer of dead skin.

Here's a dermatology abstract:
http://content.karge...ArtikelNr=93984

So the corn remover has 40% salicylic to have a very strong keratolytic action because you are attempting to peel the cyst to the surface. Most cysts, if inflamed and spreading, will peel and cells will replace the damaged ones. The salicylic merely speeds up the peeling process. Otherwise, the process can take a week and a half for the bloody thing to reach the surface.

I did this because I didn't want to be stuck with a large, growing cyst for days on end. So the corn remover effectively removed the cyst within a day. Remember that the corn remover is highly concentrated and your facial skin is thinner.

The skin of the cyst is damaged anyways, so consider that area to be replaced entirely by new skin cells over the next few weeks. The corn remover is helping to remove that damaged area for you to make way for the new skin cells.

Again, don't overdo it with the corn remover. It dissolves skin cells. If you have a cyst on your leg, then the corn remover would be good. But with delicate facial skin, you have to be more gentle and not go overboard and dissolve your face like maniacs!

I'm merely providing some personal experience to assist those who need help with cysts.

If you have a lot of cysts, by all means, DO NOT PUT CORN REMOVERS ALL OVER YOUR FACE. The corn remover is meant for one cyst! IF YOU HAVE CYSTS ALL OVER YOUR FACE, IT'S A LARGE SURFACE AREA OF INFECTION AND YOU NEED PROFESSIONAL HELP TO MANAGE SUCH A LARGE AREA. Get the inflammation down and heal slowly.

Well, that's my disclaimer and hope that helps people in making informed decisions.

#7 matthew889

matthew889

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 September 2006 - 07:05 PM

Aspirin is "acetylsalicylic acid," a derivative of salicylic acid. The analgesic effect is caused by salicylic acid when the acetylsalicylic acid is broken down by the digestive system. The stomach cannot handle salicylic acid directly because it is so caustic.

Simply rubbing aspirin on the face does not break down the acetylsalicylic acid into salicylic acid because aspirin is not very soluble in water and won't break down. It breaks down in the digestive system, however, and this leads to the release of salicylic acid.

Anyways, it's been a long stretch for me with my breakup with my partner. I thought that I was the man in his life and I recently discovered that he's been seeing another guy. The new guy is younger and far more handsome than I am with all my pock marks. Still, I miss the relationship and having acne and scars makes it tough.

#8 Alzi

Alzi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 September 2006 - 11:09 PM

Thanks a lot for all your help, Matthew. : eusa_angel.gif Sorry to hear about your breakup man I know how it is...these kinds of things have a way of making you feel worse about your acne than it really is.

I tried your remedy last night. First I did a a series of alternating hot and cold compresses for about 20 mins to bring the cyst to the surface or at least closer to the surface anyways. Mind you this cyst is about 5 days old now and I managed to squeeze out some of the pus on the first day. Applied the corn remover patch for 2 hours but didn't notice much difference except my skin was redder. Then I used Queen Helene Mint Julepe Masque to draw the cyst out. Afterwards I noticed a tiny dot on my cyst so I unsuccessfully tried another hot/cold compress to help it surface. Then I stuck another corn remover on and left it overnight. In the morning, my cyst was bright red and appeared to have flattened out somewhat. Later today, I noticed two small bumps, undoubtably pus sacs, on the cyst. Again had no luck with bringing it to the surface. I will keep trying though because I do believe this gets deep down enough into your skin to the source of the problem and helps other medicines better penetrate through. I am using a SA face wash and Tazorac.

#9 Heartless

Heartless

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 September 2006 - 11:26 PM

Would Compound W help for those with more sensitive skin and can't tolerate 40% salicylic acid? It has 17% salicylic acid.

#10 matthew889

matthew889

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:42 AM

The Compound W would be less concentrated, but it will tend to be a bit runny like syrup. That's why the corn remover is the better solution because the salicylic acid doesn't get runny.

Alzi, I personally wouldn't recommend applying so many things and touching the area repeatedly. Do not squeeze unless you see large pus sacs that want to burst and are so enlarged that it's stretching your skin. If you have inflammation and redness, leave the area alone and keep applying salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide gently. I wouldn't recommend the mint julep mask and the concept of "drawing the cyst" with a mask. If you have a jelly-filled doughnut, do you think that the mask would "draw" out the jelly? Not.

The salicylic acid peels the skin so that it reaches the heart of the cyst. The benzoyl peroxide has a deep penetrating effect in reaching bacteria inside the cyst. Apart from these two, there would be no need for a mask, let alone a mint julep type.

I also would not recommend repeatedly using the corn remover more than once or twice unless it's a thick area of your body or somewhere unnoticeable like an elbow because it could cause minor scarring and elbows rarely scar.

With cysts, it's almost guaranteed that there will be minor scarring no matter if you leave it or touch it. But if you touch it often, the risk of bigger scars is likely. Cysts can cause a larger area of cell damage which is permanent and leave pock marks.

Always make sure that your corn remover is small and only for the tiny area. The combination of salicylic and benzoyl to the area, as well as a corn remover should be effective in speeding up the process.

If you see pus sacs, you could poke it gently with a tiny needle (dipped in benzoyl peroxide) and let it drain without pressing the skin too much. Slather the area with benzoyl peroxide thereafter. Later, apply a corn remover and voila! You'll see blood and pus come out when you detach the corn remover and the skin will look bloody red. You'll be on the road to recovery within a day as the would seals up and cells regenerate.

#11 Alzi

Alzi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2006 - 08:41 PM

I'm happy to report my cyst is no more. The corn remover peeled my skin like crazy till it was red and and looked sunburned so much so that I was afraid I had ended up with a huge crater on my face. Per matthew's advise, I dabbed some BP on it and lots of aloe to help heal the spot. Now its a week later and the lump on my skin is gone with no visible scar. The redness has gotten better albiet very slowly and my skintone is not a 100% yet.

This experience gave me another idea. If the corn remover can peel my skin so deeply, maybe it could be useful on some of my acne scars. I plan to experiment with a scar in an inconspicuous area by peeling it to the core and using a retinoid to help it regenerate. I'm also going to use this method on a couple of old pimples that shrink but refuse to fade away.

Thanks again to Matthew for all your help. smile.gif

#12 JuanLouis

JuanLouis

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2009 - 05:52 PM

if the salicylic acid is working so well, why don't you just buy a salicylic chemical peel?
I recently got a 20% Salicylic Acid solution, and after my first peel my skins is noticeably smoother and my scars are lighter and smoother. Who knows how much better it could improve after subsequent peels and higher concentration. I've also heard people use the peel solutions as spot treatment, perhaps effective for the cysts you are describing. I plan to try it on a cyst I have on the side of my nose tonight, applying BP afterwards. Hopefully the acid will allow the BP to penetrate deeper because this cyst is really thick.

#13 Jenya

Jenya

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2009 - 12:07 PM

My question to you guys is why are you trying to bring the cyst to the surface rather than trying to dry it out and not have it come to the surface at all. In my experience that will not leave any scaring.

#14 ItalianBoy

ItalianBoy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2009 - 01:28 PM

Man cysts must be fucking awful...I only have experience with papules and pustules (TOUCH WOOD)...

#15 november topaz

november topaz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 June 2010 - 08:48 AM

Heyo!

I've never written on these boards before, I typically just suck up their information. There isn't much mention about the effectiveness of corn removers, so I want to share my experience.

A cyst began emerging on my right cheek two days ago. As always, it started as a hard nodule, and rapidly began growing, no visible head to it. Within a week, it would've been large and well on it's way to staying for months and eventually scarring my face. I was determined to avoid the whole ordeal so I wanted to try a cortisone shot; I attempted to call the dermatologist, but he wasn't in.
Haha, okay, then I became desparate, I've tried countless things to control a cyst, but nothing has been promising.
I saw this post and I went over to Walmart and bought Dr. Scholl's Corn Removers... I put one on and fell asleep for two hours. When I awoke the area was softer, my cysts are typically super hard. I repeated it for two hours later that night. It was softer. I tried it in the morning for two hours. Still softer! Eventually I squeezed and got something out! WTF that NEVER has happened with a cyst before.
I'm hyped, we'll see how this goes. I'd recommend it.