This topic is archived.
17 replies to this topic

#1 xindel

xindel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2006 - 08:07 PM

I had tons of white little bumps under my skin that occassionally flared into a zit. Overall 85% of those are gone since finishing my course of accutane. Those are the type of bumps that were small and not visible on the surface. Only extremely small ones remained, they shouldn't do any harm. But I have some left on my chin, are those to worry about that they suddenly may flare into zits even after accutane? I have rarely broken out on my chin since starting accutane and that was my worst place on the face. The last month like 4 or 5 did flare up but very very small redness was there the size of a dot and was gone in like 2 days.

#2 5fiive5

5fiive5

hate acne everyday

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:surfing, biking along the beach, life

Posted 03 September 2006 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE(xindel @ Sep 2 2006, 09:07 PM) View Post

I had tons of white little bumps under my skin that occassionally flared into a zit. Overall 85% of those are gone since finishing my course of accutane. Those are the type of bumps that were small and not visible on the surface. Only extremely small ones remained, they shouldn't do any harm. But I have some left on my chin, are those to worry about that they suddenly may flare into zits even after accutane? I have rarely broken out on my chin since starting accutane and that was my worst place on the face. The last month like 4 or 5 did flare up but very very small redness was there the size of a dot and was gone in like 2 days.

Without seeing your skin. It's hard to say what they are, and blindy guess on prognosis. They could just be milia.

#3 templeoflove

templeoflove

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2006 - 08:58 PM

They are snow-white little bumps not on my skin but under and not visible on the surface only if I make a lean face and you come close to my face you can see them. If I squeeze they come out like a thin white snake but if I don't squeeze out everything they from into a small pimple, big pimple etc. But once in a blue they form into pimple by themselves even without touching them.

And they can't be milia, those are visible on the skin and look like see-through tiny bubbles.

#4 5fiive5

5fiive5

hate acne everyday

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:surfing, biking along the beach, life

Posted 03 September 2006 - 09:38 PM

^^^ those are just clogged pores.. the white stuff you see is sebum. they shouldn't really be bumpy unless your squeezing hard or stretching the skin in someway.

#5 xindel

xindel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2006 - 10:42 PM

So why hasn't accutane removed all of those? And do they pose a danger? Like I said occassionally they flared up. Or do you think accutane made those dead or something idk.

#6 theboss

theboss

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Chuck Norris Round House kicks to the temple.

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:05 AM

Just leftover man dont worry about..

and DONT TRY TO POP THEM.

#7 Stu2u

Stu2u

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 04 September 2006 - 06:09 AM

Prick them and squeeze them out, Roaccutane isn't magic, yes it dries the skin and stops the sebum production, but it doesn't purge out what is there as some people seem to think.

Just squeeze them and if they come back squeeze them again, they'll soon dry up.

Don't believe this "try not to touch" bull that people come out with.

#8 Contained

Contained

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2006 - 08:58 AM

ehhe, yea i agree, you gotta get them out manually or let a derm do it for you. I have left them untouched for like a year and nothin happens....I sometimes take a needle and gently rub back and fourth every other day or so. Just be patient, and once their outer 'shell' is weakend, they will just go away on their own. gl

#9 xindel

xindel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2006 - 10:47 AM

The ones that I have left are either extremely small, you can't even touch em and the others are so deep under my skin, that trying to squeeze will leave ugly wounds on my chin. I don't care about those bumps I have I only worry that they won't turn into zits once I get off accutane in about few weeks.

#10 Stu2u

Stu2u

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2006 - 11:17 AM

If you leave them they will probably get bigger, they certainly won't just disappear on their own.

Buy the finest sharpest lancet from the chemists, a few would be a good idea, prick them and then squeeze them out, they'll settle down in a few days and won't look a mess.

Or leave them and live with them, I know lots of people on here who seem to take that atitude, too scared to deal directly with the problem.

Trust me your skin will look and feel all the better for it.

#11 xindel

xindel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2006 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE(Stu2u @ Sep 4 2006, 01:17 PM) View Post

If you leave them they will probably get bigger, they certainly won't just disappear on their own.

Buy the finest sharpest lancet from the chemists, a few would be a good idea, prick them and then squeeze them out, they'll settle down in a few days and won't look a mess.

Or leave them and live with them, I know lots of people on here who seem to take that atitude, too scared to deal directly with the problem.

Trust me your skin will look and feel all the better for it.

Oh no, they NEVER got bigger! They either stay there or once in a blue inflame into a zit, that's all.

#12 jessika

jessika

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 06 September 2006 - 12:59 PM

oh my god thats exactly what ive got!! today ive been put on retin a 0.05% to try and get rid!

#13 LionQueen

LionQueen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 September 2006 - 01:33 PM

If you are concerned about these bumps, you could use a mild retinoid to get rid of them .... this would also help you to maintain your clear skin post-Accutane.

OTC products: Green Cream, Diacneal, Vivant Exfol-A

Prescription products: Very low-concentration Retin A Micro or Differin gel

I had a face full of these, and it took about 3 months on Green Cream to get rid of them all.

#14 jessika

jessika

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 September 2006 - 03:01 AM

what is this green cream people keep talking about?

#15 fezpez

fezpez

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 21 September 2006 - 12:59 AM

couldnt they be micro zits?

I have a few of those hiding in the crevice of my chin

#16 redvamp

redvamp

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, health, poetry,spirituality.

Posted 21 September 2006 - 07:07 AM

My face his cover with those little bumps and I try to squeeze them out with a sterile surgical
needle but trust me you have a 65 % chance it will get infected and then your left with a big pimple.
But if you don't do anything they will someday get into a pimple. I think the best thing would be a
dermatologist extracting them cause they know how to do it. I try to remove them by myself and I fuck my face up. Please don't do it your self go to the dermatologist and ask him to remove them for you.

#17 LionQueen

LionQueen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2006 - 09:36 AM

QUOTE(jessika @ Sep 7 2006, 02:01 AM) View Post

what is this green cream people keep talking about?

See the Green Cream thread in the OTC forum.

#18 libbycopeland

libbycopeland

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 September 2006 - 10:15 PM

I have been using Paula's Choice2% BHA liquid for a few weeks now and it is working fantastically to get rid of those bumps. I had a whole bunch on my chest that you couldn't really see unless you were in a certain light and after 3 weeks they are ALL gone. They won't all go away by themselves, but the rest become really easy to extract without turning into zits.

I incorporated the BHA into the CSR, so I use the BHA before I apply BP.