This topic is archived.
7 replies to this topic

#1 helloiloveyou

helloiloveyou

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 August 2006 - 07:43 PM

is there a scientific explanation why pimples hurt when you touch them or squinch your face?
16/f , mild-moderate acne, on Doxycycline 100mg twice a day since Aug/14/06, Ortho-Tricyclen since 10/20/06

#2 Micki

Micki

Proud Christian

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I'm a miscellaneous individual who has lived on 3 continents and absolutely dislikes acne. I love music, the arts, and science because of their endless possibilites. I like thinking vast, because thinking in an enclosed space really suffocates my brain cells. I love volleyball and rollar-blading as much as playing the piano. I'm a strong Christian. I believe in God and forever will, cuz I want to spend the afterlife in Heaven for eternity. Life may be hell on Earth, but if you believe, you'll spend the rest of your life in Heaven.

Posted 02 September 2006 - 12:30 AM

Thi fact isn't for certain, but I think it's because it's infected deep down in your pore.

#3 Mandy Ann

Mandy Ann

Dick Laurent is Dead....

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 67
About Me

Posted 02 September 2006 - 12:30 AM

Painful pimples piss me off so bad. oajsion;do

[sig-img:132]

Mandy's regimen
Finacea
Aspirin Masks often
Controlling Insulin Levels
Lots of supplements

my story
Feel free to visit my accutane log.

#4 Guest_Grow_To_Overthrow_*

Guest_Grow_To_Overthrow_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 02 September 2006 - 01:22 AM

QUOTE(helloiloveyou @ Sep 1 2006, 11:43 AM) View Post

is there a scientific explanation why pimples hurt when you touch them or squinch your face?

It's an inflammatory response, that's why they're painful. Papules, Pustules, Nodules and Cysts are indicitive of inflammatory repsonses taking place. It's your body's mechanism that aims to heal the injury. In acne, inflammation is what generally causes the scarring, which is pretty much abnormal healing.

#5 ben100604

ben100604

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2006 - 06:05 AM

How come you can still get spots which are red and inflamed, but not painful? I'm pretty clear these days and the spots I do get are usually not painful, but still show evidence of inflammation i.e. redness
When I'm clear, I'm on top of the world. When I have acne, I'm lost.

View my blog here

#6 jay-spec21

jay-spec21

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 02 September 2006 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE(helloiloveyou @ Aug 31 2006, 09:43 PM) View Post

You know what, i want to know the same thing, sumtimes i'll have a bump forming on my forhead thinking it's a bruise, but really it's a pimple. sumtimes i'll have one on my nose, and when i bend down, the pimple hurts on my nose. I also hate having pimples and accidently hitting them, and yep, it hurts.
)))o(-.-)o(((

#7 Guest_Grow_To_Overthrow_*

Guest_Grow_To_Overthrow_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 02 September 2006 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE(jay-spec21 @ Sep 3 2006, 07:26 AM) View Post

QUOTE(helloiloveyou @ Aug 31 2006, 09:43 PM) View Post

You know what, i want to know the same thing, sumtimes i'll have a bump forming on my forhead thinking it's a bruise, but really it's a pimple. sumtimes i'll have one on my nose, and when i bend down, the pimple hurts on my nose. I also hate having pimples and accidently hitting them, and yep, it hurts.

You could scroll up about three posts and read why. razz.gif

QUOTE(ben100604 @ Sep 2 2006, 10:05 PM) View Post

How come you can still get spots which are red and inflamed, but not painful? I'm pretty clear these days and the spots I do get are usually not painful, but still show evidence of inflammation i.e. redness

High pain tolerance perhaps. Maybe your nerves aren't as sensitive in areas on your face due to repeated trauma (acne lesions). I don't know.

#8 huxley_knew

huxley_knew

Master of shenanigans

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Science, satire...life.

Posted 03 September 2006 - 07:55 PM

The intense pain is most likely due to the proximity of pain-sensor nerve. You'll notice the painful ones are typically very swollen, and as such, they're likely compressing the skin near a nerve. The deeper they are, the more nerves they're likely to be pressing on. So make sure you leave them alone.