Photo

Methamphetamine for acne?

red mark

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 royalredus

royalredus

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2006 - 11:16 PM

There's a drug addict on "Intervention" right now who is out of her mind on meth and alcohol, and has been for 10 years. Her face is as clear as a bell without a SPOT on it.

I on the other hand, am gainfully employed and drug free, and yet I sit here with zit cream smeared all over my face and planning a trip to the store tomorrow to pick up some apple cider vinegar to get rid of the hideous red marks from previous breakouts.

Where's the justice, my brothahs and sistahs?

Disclaimer: To anyone lacking judgement skills, this post is a joke. Don't do drugs to cure acne!!

#2 Acne Really Sucks

Acne Really Sucks

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2006 - 11:18 PM

man I've seen some nasty meth addicts. Their skin is covered in lesions and red flaky patches.

#3 bedrock

bedrock

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 August 2006 - 12:58 AM

Some of those shows are staged you know. They use actors that don't have issues, just so they can make money off it. Kind of like Jerry Springer.

#4 mskitty

mskitty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 August 2006 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE(royalredus @ Aug 28 2006, 01:16 AM) View Post

There's a drug addict on "Intervention" right now who is out of her mind on meth and alcohol, and has been for 10 years. Her face is as clear as a bell without a SPOT on it.

I on the other hand, am gainfully employed and drug free, and yet I sit here with zit cream smeared all over my face and planning a trip to the store tomorrow to pick up some apple cider vinegar to get rid of the hideous red marks from previous breakouts.

Where's the justice, my brothahs and sistahs?

Disclaimer: To anyone lacking judgement skills, this post is a joke. Don't do drugs to cure acne!!

I said to one of my roommates "damn, that chick has nice skin for being a meth head!". WEIRD!

For the most part, I think she is in the minority of meth heads with clear skin. While they were showing pictures of her as a teen (before the drugs) she had goregeous skin.

Most people with meth usually compulsively pick and as a result have huge gaping wounds. Check out "the faces of meth" for proof:
http://www.oregonliv...y.ata?g_id=2927

(I only know all this because I have learned about substance abuse as a part of my degree program....I don't do meth!!!)

#5 Christina ~

Christina ~

"I reject your reality and replace it with my own"

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Posted 28 August 2006 - 05:53 PM

i don't think its the meth but rather the picking like someone said previously that causes any lesions

I take adderall (pure amphetaine salts) for my ADD/OCD and i don't pick and so far it hasn't hurt my skin at all.

I think it varies person to person. Also most really hard core junkies (meth makes you hardcore very very quickly) wind up with horrible teeth etc. from a SUPER bad diet of nothing to utter junk as its all they can come across.

#6 royalredus

royalredus

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 August 2006 - 06:30 PM

Great link mskitty!! that's the best "don't do drugs" ad I've ever seen. Ha!

#7 Kirstin

Kirstin

Accutane Rocks!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 19
About Me

Posted 29 August 2006 - 01:51 PM

I was thinking the same thing when I saw that show this weekend! Her teeth weren't black either!!! WTF? Its so unfair! Most of the meth addicts I've seen (on TV) have just looked awful! She was missing her eyebrows though!

Oh boy, but she was way out of her freaking mind! Freaking lunitic! I think that even if she did follow through with treatment, she would still be so weird! That stuff has eaten her brain, along with all that alcohol!

#8 Elsewhere

Elsewhere

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 29 August 2006 - 01:57 PM

My skin was the worst it ever has been when I was shoveling meth into my veins. For the most part, speed makes people OCD on thier skin. Also, if you shoot it, it will literally EAT THROUGH YOUR VEINS and collapse the vein/skin above it, causing holes and lesions in your skin.

Plus, five and a half years clean, my teeth are STILL bad!

Drugs are bad. smile.gif

And I agree, this is a funny anti-drug post!

#9 Smokeyjay

Smokeyjay

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 August 2006 - 02:00 PM

If your gonna do drugs, don't do meth. Thats some serious shit. I've had friends do it, and it ain't pretty.

#10 Christina ~

Christina ~

"I reject your reality and replace it with my own"

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Posted 31 August 2006 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE(Smokeyjay @ Aug 29 2006, 09:00 PM) View Post

If your gonna do drugs, don't do meth. Thats some serious shit. I've had friends do it, and it ain't pretty.

ya. i know some people on meth. not good at all. very very very all consuming