Photo

2 good clean and clear products/similar to proactiv

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 Nightlynx

Nightlynx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 October 2003 - 11:37 AM

I have found 2 good products that can help your skin look great! Both by clean and clear. The first is Daily Pore cleanser, its similar to what comes with proactiv. I has little grains in it to open pores. The second is Continuous control daily cleanser.
Wash with the pore cleanser first to open pores, then was with the continuous control, which is a 10% BP wash. The BP can then get down into the pores to kill bacteria. This is similar to the way proactiv works. But this can save you a lot of money from proactiv.

#2 meeraboots

meeraboots

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 October 2003 - 01:43 PM

i 2nd this! highly recommend both products!

#3 Botchla

Botchla

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 October 2003 - 04:30 PM

yeah i agree too. clean & clear products are awesome. i use the blackhead clearing scrub once in the morning by itself, then at night i use the blackhead clearing scrub first, then wash with the clean and clear continuous control. my face is 100% clear, not a single mark on it. i have found this combo to work wonders for me where nothing else does. these clean and clear products are so much better than neutrogena ones, plus they're about half the price of them. good stuff.

#4 Botchla

Botchla

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 October 2003 - 04:31 PM

say meeraboots, how are you doing with them? from your post i'm guessing pretty good. how's your face doing with the C&C products now that a little time has passed?

#5 harris03

harris03

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2003 - 04:59 PM

I just tried this combination for the first time today, and so far I'm impressed. I have been using the continuous control acne cleanser for about 2 weeks, and so far the results have been pretty good. I'm hoping this combination will elimate the remaining pimples that I have still been experiencing. Some of the others trying this, please keep us updated on how your progress is going. Thanks for sharing the info in this post.

#6 latayy

latayy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 October 2003 - 04:26 PM

I haven't tried the continuous control cleanser by Clean and Clear but I just wanted to add that I have heard a lot of positive feedback about it on other boards as well!

#7 meeraboots

meeraboots

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 October 2003 - 01:08 PM

Botchla or anyone...

i am using the clean and clear wash morning and night, im basically clear. so now i want to get rid of red marks and want to try the neutrogena multivitamin, have you guys tried this? should i put it on at night after i cleanse with the C&C??? will it act like a moisturizer as well? cause other wise i will have to put on the multivitamin plus the moisturizer at night?? i dont want to put anything on my skin in the day time!

#8 Botchla

Botchla

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 October 2003 - 01:34 PM

i tried the multivitamin and i hated it. it stings for one, and it caused me to breakout too. it's a lot like AHA (maybe it is?).. but it also leaves your face sticky and leaves a shiny film on it. plus it didn't help me out with red marks.. in fact, it made mine redder. so my votes are against it. my advice to you would be to just continue with your regimen and let them fade. it may take a couple weeks, but after that, you're good to go. my opinion is if you're already basically clear, i wouldn't risk trying another product that may make you break out again. that's just me though.

#9 meeraboots

meeraboots

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2003 - 06:11 PM

k i have a question...

my face is clear no big pimples or anything, but when i look up close at my face in a mirror in the sun i see all these small bumps. i think they ares scars left from my acne, that look like bumps? am i right?? how can i get rid of these? u can only see them up close but still I HATE THEM. what can i use to smooth my skin besides alpha hydrox gylcolic acid? any suggestions?

#10 Botchla

Botchla

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2003 - 08:41 PM

sorry it's always me answering, meera. i can say though that what you're describing seems to be closed microcomedones, which are blackheads underneath the skin, not scars. they're the same color of your skin, but look like little tiny bumps that you can only see when you look up close.

i've always had problems with these things too, they're the hardest to get rid of. salicylic acid can help to open the pores and get rid of them though. since you like the clean and clear products, i really do recommend the blackhead clearing scrub i've been talking about so much lately. it really is a great compliment to the C&C wash. also, it helped to get rid of those bumps for me after about 2 weeks of use.

i find the worst thing to aggravate (and create) these kinds of bumps is being out in the sun, and particularly sweating.. although i don't know how much sweating you're doing in canada. i'm from the southern US, so it's always hot here.

#11 meeraboots

meeraboots

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2003 - 02:40 PM

thanks for your reply! yea they seem to be my skin color, i hope they arent scars, ive had them forever. some look more bigger than others URG. I will have to bribe mom into buying me the clean and clear blackhead stuff heh. Wonder if a gylcolic acid will help, like 2 times a week or something like that.

#12 Aaron69

Aaron69

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2003 - 08:26 PM

meeraboots or anyone I have also heard great things about these products how bad was your acne to begin with before starting these products and would the combo stated in the original post be the best one to use because I know they have alot of diffrent products??

#13 gardenian

gardenian

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 October 2003 - 01:27 PM

little OT but what do you think about c&c continuous control acne wash (the one with 2% SA) ?
i need it for the acne cure regimen
and is the dual action mosturizer any good ?
tnx

#14 gardenian

gardenian

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 October 2003 - 02:34 PM

shit, i got some c&c deep cleansing cream wash instead of the acne wash, they don't have it, mtf #-o
the cream wash has also SA (x%), could i use this or should i keep searching ?

#15 meeraboots

meeraboots

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 October 2003 - 03:04 PM

so i used the Clean and Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub last night and today and my face seems to be drier....how is that ? Dont understand. I hope my skin gets used to it soon, hate this dry skin. Well when i use it in the shower in the morning i dont think it exfoliates taht well cause my skin is soaked but when i use it at night i just put some water on so it tends to exfoliate. i want to use this in the mornings though cause BP is better for the night time. Grrrr cant decide lol.

#16 meeraboots

meeraboots

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 October 2003 - 03:05 PM

Oh and does BP and or SA help fade red marks?

oh and gardenian not sure abt the SA wash i havent tried it sorry, maybe botchla has. these products seem to be great though.

#17 gardenian

gardenian

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 October 2003 - 04:28 PM

don't think BP helps fade red marks
i have some bleaching gel with GA and bisabolol and it's very good at fading
i used it for awhile (didn't have only GA) and now i look like a vampire,heh smile.gif

mah, i'll use this cream wash, have nothing to lose
currently using some SA losion (with ALCOHOL) and 5% BP, doubt it can get any harsher sad.gif

one more question, can these closed microcomedones get inflamed ?
my face is full of these small bumps and when i started using SA many of them turned into blackheads but some of them constantly inflame into bigger whiteheads, grrr, hate it, would be clear if there weren't for those bastards

#18 Nightlynx

Nightlynx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 November 2003 - 09:05 AM

I just want to keep this post alive because these products have helped clear my face completely!!

Clear & Clear Deep pore cleanser and continuous Control works wonders for me.

Here is my daily routine:

Morning: wash with a gentle cleanser (i use purpose) and then wash with the C&C Continuous Control. I rub in the continuous control for about 30 seconds, then let it stay on my face for another 30 seconds.

Night(about 1 hour before bed), i wash with the C&C Deep Pore Cleanser. This is not a gentle cleanser and probably should only be used once per day. The i wash with the Continuous Control again just as in the morning. After that i apply a 2.5% BP lotion to my entire face and leave it on through the night.

Thats it. This routine takes about 15 minutes from my day. A small price to pay for clear skin!

Im 27 years old, and now for the first time since i was 16, my face is 100% clear!!! I have already had complements on my complexion.

Oh yeah, i also take a little vitamin B-5 to control oil production. For me B-5 works wonders in reducing the oil on my face. I take 3 grams of B-5 a day and my skin is a lot less oily than it used to be.

#19 rumah

rumah

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 July 2011 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE (Nightlynx @ Nov 4 2003, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just want to keep this post alive because these products have helped clear my face completely!!

Clear & Clear Deep pore cleanser and continuous Control works wonders for me.

Here is my daily routine:

Morning: wash with a gentle cleanser (i use purpose) and then wash with the C&C Continuous Control. I rub in the continuous control for about 30 seconds, then let it stay on my face for another 30 seconds.

Night(about 1 hour before bed), i wash with the C&C Deep Pore Cleanser. This is not a gentle cleanser and probably should only be used once per day. The i wash with the Continuous Control again just as in the morning. After that i apply a 2.5% BP lotion to my entire face and leave it on through the night.

Thats it. This routine takes about 15 minutes from my day. A small price to pay for clear skin!

Im 27 years old, and now for the first time since i was 16, my face is 100% clear!!! I have already had complements on my complexion.

Oh yeah, i also take a little vitamin B-5 to control oil production. For me B-5 works wonders in reducing the oil on my face. I take 3 grams of B-5 a day and my skin is a lot less oily than it used to be.

great thread i m ordering these two products today...i was getting breakouts fro about two years thn from5th of july i started using a glycolic acid 10% cream ...to even out skin tone and get rid of my clogged pores ...it was clearly written on its packaging that it will give u some pimples in first few weeks ...so i think these two products will help me further in clearing my skin

#20 rumah

rumah

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 July 2011 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE (Nightlynx @ Oct 6 2003, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have found 2 good products that can help your skin look great! Both by clean and clear. The first is Daily Pore cleanser, its similar to what comes with proactiv. I has little grains in it to open pores. The second is Continuous control daily cleanser.
Wash with the pore cleanser first to open pores, then was with the continuous control, which is a 10% BP wash. The BP can then get down into the pores to kill bacteria. This is similar to the way proactiv works. But this can save you a lot of money from proactiv.

is it deep pore cleanser or daily pore cleanser coz both are different products