452 replies to this topic

#21 Asher2

Asher2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE(mdp703 @ Aug 18 2006, 11:21 PM) View Post

I thought I'd post an update since I stopped taking the EPO. I've only quit taking it for 4 days and my acne has come back full force today.....extremely quickly. This is so awful. I wish I could take the EPO. sad.gif

Why not try borage or the other gla oils?

#22 starrybabe21

starrybabe21

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 August 2006 - 10:05 AM

Click Here

Hey everyone ...a link on Essential Fatty Acids and Acne...
basically some one who got results with it biggrin.gif

#23 KnowShow

KnowShow

"you need to forgive everyone in your life, and yourself

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:www.waisays.com

Posted 01 September 2006 - 07:36 AM

QUOTE(THETRUTHTOACNE @ Aug 13 2006, 05:55 PM) View Post

yes it will work for everyone this is old news primose and borage oil both have gla which balances horomones and aids digestion, ive posted this numerous times people dont wanna listen. GLA alone wont cure ur acne but combined with good diet and sleep ur on ur way to clear skin, If u eat healthy enough and avoid garbage ur body will begin to make gla on its own like its suppose to. Eveyrone who has acne needs gla cause there prostagland pathway is currently blocked due to poor diet for years and years. It all boils down to prostaglands.

would saw palmetto help this ..

#24 Shake Off the Dust Arise

Shake Off the Dust Arise

MAHAMUDRA

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Art is not a crime. Graffiti, graf stickers, hip hop, classical music. Mozart, UB40, Sports, Basketball. All the young ladies out there.=D<br /><br />Blank walls are for blank minds. 4:20

Posted 03 September 2006 - 10:28 PM

Is EPO good for males like who have Hromonal Acne?

Im 17 Male ???

???

Mary Jane invades my brain now I can't complain
I'm sayin what else is there to do besides relax
Let the problems in your mind become ancient artifacts
Perhaps these raps can help you alleviate
The things that's got you trippin you watch me demonstrate
First you ignore the nonsense and clear your conscience
Let your pen touch the paper write verbs and consonants
As the words become a sentence you start to feelin different
The stress is out your mind you feel like the weight was lifted Terrific
I'm glad we had this time to discuss
I'm outro call me if you want to blaze one up

#25 AmethystGrl

AmethystGrl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 September 2006 - 10:48 PM

Hi everyone. Another endo sufferer here. I see that another with endo is taking Evening Prim Rose (I hope I got that right).

I've never taken anything like this. Where would I get it (health food store?) and is it ok to take with birth control pills? I'm currently on them for my endo as well as acne, although it hasn't effected the acne at all.

I just don't want to take anything that may make my endometriosis worse as it is so bad that when I have my pain attacks I usually pass out.

I should add that I do believe that my acne is because of hormones. I never had it until after completing Lupron & BC Pill treatments for my endo. Which both effect your hormones.

#26 starrybabe21

starrybabe21

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:11 AM

Everyone PLEASE PLEASE listen to me smile.gif

Get Cod Liver Oil - PURE cod liver oil, not flavoured or anything else, follow the adult recommendations and be amazed biggrin.gif

Sure the stuff taste awful , but im now clear from acne, its MAD biggrin.gif:D
I still take evening primrose ( 2 morning, 2 evening) but the cod liver oil every morning after breakfast has cleared me!!
IMPORTANT tho - DO NOT take ANY mulitivitamins while taking cod liver oil AT ALL!!! because it is high in Vitamins A and D and you risk toxic levels ..and dont up the dosage to get better results, it will take approx a week to see results but i swear you will not regret it!!!!!

Its really cheap too, im just telling everyone this because it worked for me and i know how great it feels to be acne free! The main thing in it is EFA's that probably help but Vit A and D are EXCELLENT for good skin and remember DONT scrub your skin just steam every night, you may get a little breakout but PLEASE try leave spots along...

When you get your results SPREAD THE WORD biggrin.gif

#27 someoneintheuk

someoneintheuk

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 September 2006 - 08:07 PM

Yes Yes Yes!

This should be the only post on the whole forum. Really it is the only true way to clear skin- permanently! Check out the link in my sig for a free course. It worked for me! eusa_dance.gif

#28 Case N

Case N

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 September 2006 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE(someoneinengland @ Sep 24 2006, 10:07 PM) View Post
Yes Yes Yes!

This should be the only post on the whole forum. Really it is the only true way to clear skin- permanently! Check out the link in my sig for a free course. It worked for me! eusa_dance.gif

Whatever man

#29 Leash

Leash

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 September 2006 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE(mdp703 @ Aug 13 2006, 08:34 AM) View Post

Hi all,
I know people are posting with amazing cures all the time so I don't want to say that this is going to 'cure' everyone's acne and it is 'the' treatment for everyone. However, I do want to share my results b/c they've been a shock to me.

Just for a short background, I've had acne for 10 years tried everything. The only thing that ever worked was Diane 35. However, I react badly to bc pills so I had to quit and my acne came back worse than ever afterwards. I was almost at the point of doing another treatment of accutane when I read somewhere that evening primrose oil can regulate hormones and help with acne. I thought, well since I know that my accutane is related to hormones, I should try this....knowing that I've tried a million supplements before that were supposed to "cure" acne. So three weeks ago I started taking 500mg of evening primrose oil with 15 IU's of vitamin E every day. (I also take a multivitamin and Vitamin A everyday). I figured it's probably not going to work so I start scheduling my appointments to get myself accutane.

Three weeks later and I can't believe it. shock.gif My skin is clearing. Right now I only have 2 active pimples. The rest of my face is clearing (no active acne, just scars slowly fading). I can't believe this. I've tried everything and this thing I decided to just throw in for kicks is actually working.

I don't know that this is going to work for everyone since I know my acne is hormone related, but if your acne is related to hormones i would suggest adding this to your supplements. It's great b/c you don't have to change your regiment at all.

Good luck to anyone else who tries evening primrose oil.

Hi! congrats on the Evening Primose clearing your skin! I'm currently on Diane 35, but am terrified to go off it, because I know that acne can get worse afterwards. I'm just wondering if you tried Accutane, and if it worked for you. Also, how long were you off Diane when your skin started breaking out?
Thanks for the info!

#30 someoneintheuk

someoneintheuk

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 September 2006 - 10:31 PM

Sorry perhaps i wasnt clear- what i mean is that addressing unbalanced hormones really is the only way I have ever found to stably clear my acne. I had acne for eight years up until I addressed the hormones with GLA. I spent thousands on acne products...

Im happy there are people who have also cleared their skin with GLA and not got trapped into the false cures that are around on the internet.

#31 Case N

Case N

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 September 2006 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE(someoneinengland @ Sep 25 2006, 12:31 AM) View Post
Sorry perhaps i wasnt clear- what i mean is that addressing unbalanced hormones really is the only way I have ever found to stably clear my acne. I had acne for eight years up until I addressed the hormones with GLA. I spent thousands on acne products...

Im happy there are people who have also cleared their skin with GLA and not got trapped into the false cures that are around on the internet.

False cures? Are you saying that GLA is a cure?

hahahahahahahahahahaha

#32 Melfice2k

Melfice2k

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me
  • Interests:Health Sport<br /><br /><br />People check my website:<br /><br />http://www.melbook.co.cc

Posted 25 September 2006 - 12:38 AM

EFA works for balance hormones . YES! Key is I think GLA but with all 3 best oil combin it should work : Flax Seed Oil , Borage & Primrose (Extra Oils can be added example Fish oil) And for sure to control correct PROSTAGLANDINS!! eusa_naughty.gif It would make hormone regulation and cell growth control. BINGO eusa_boohoo.gif

IPB Image
IPB Image

PS Extra:

Fatty Acids
Related Topic
They are nutritional substances found in nature which include cholesterol, prostaglandins, and stearic, palmitic, linoleic, linolenic, eicosapentanoic (EPA), and decohexanoic acids..."

Essential Fatty Acids
As A Treatment
"...EFAs play their essential roles by ... Serving as starting material for hormone-like regulating molecules (prostaglandins) that govern cell activities on a moment-to-moment basis..."

GLA (Gamma Linolenic Acid)
As A Treatment
"...DGLA is essential for the production of prostaglandin E1, an important hormone-like chemical that reduces inflammation, boosts immunity, lowers blood pressure, keeps platelets from sticking together, and improves blood vessel tone..."
!~ WHAT WE PUT IN OUR BODIES WILL SHOW ON OUR SKIN ~!

#33 someoneintheuk

someoneintheuk

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2006 - 08:14 AM

False cures? Are you saying that GLA is a cure?

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Laugh all you want. I tried a hundred different products and regimes and diets and therapies and nothing cured me. I think people try to make acne more complicated than it needs to be (due to saturation of information on it). I just go with whats workable and what cured me and others around me.

Maybe you have tried it and didnt get results. But did you know that GLA oils are nearly impossible to be absorbed without lecithin? Did you take it with lecithin?

There is more to GLA but I'll leave it at that.

EFA works for balance hormones . YES! BINGO

And unbalanced hormones is the root cause of acne. Everything else is an after effect, i.e. inflammation, excessive oil production, overworked liver, unstable blood sugar levels etc etc.

My advice to anyone with acne is to address the ROOT CAUSE. How do I know it is the root cause? Because by addressing it my acne cleared completely. By addressing other 'root causes' my acne didnt clear. And I passed on this advice to half a dozen other people I know who had chronic acne and guess what, it worked for them. So with the data I have so far (6 out of 6) I am willing to say GLA is the cure.

#34 Melfice2k

Melfice2k

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Health Sport<br /><br /><br />People check my website:<br /><br />http://www.melbook.co.cc

Posted 25 September 2006 - 09:40 AM

Yes for EFA's fully absorb makes when you take Lecithin. (I dont buy lecithin supplement just take raw egg yokes 1-2 time a day) + For protect EFA on body I take Selenium.
----

Yes well.. In my opionion Hormonel imbalance just dont couse acne. It is couse when you have any problem (such a toxins on blood , Colon problems , kidney , bacteria etc ..) So with hormonel imbalance + any kind of problem are merge and couse ACNE. So for sure balancing hormone would keep you clear from acne.

#35 someoneintheuk

someoneintheuk

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2006 - 09:52 AM

It is couse when you have any problem (such a toxins on blood , Colon problems , kidney , bacteria etc ..) S

I did address these problems without any improvement in my acne.

(I dont buy lecithin supplement just take raw egg yokes 1-2 time a day) + For protect EFA on body I take Selenium.

I agree. Raw Egg yokes are a good idea for replacing lecithin supplementation and selenium is a good protector of EFAs.

So for sure balancing hormone would keep you clear from acne.

Its the only way I have ever done it after 8 years!

#36 Melfice2k

Melfice2k

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2006 - 09:57 AM

Well for me worked ... Example even cleaning my colons from 1 time made my body acnes gone ... So I am rooted to symptoms and now I clear but only have problem with zits on for head and for sure I get when I eat heated oils or red meat.. It is for sure.. Anyways I'm now FREE ACNE smile.gif

-------------

someoneinengland do you take any other supplements ?

#37 someoneintheuk

someoneintheuk

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2006 - 10:00 AM

borage oil & lecithin

thats it

#38 Melfice2k

Melfice2k

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2006 - 10:05 AM

Just curious you take as liqud or capsule?

QUOTE(someoneinengland @ Sep 26 2006, 01:00 AM) View Post

borage oil & lecithin

thats it

#39 someoneintheuk

someoneintheuk

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2006 - 10:07 AM

capsules
1200mg/day GLA
2000mg lecithin/day

#40 Melfice2k

Melfice2k

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2006 - 10:21 AM

Oh Ic before I took any oil by capsule than read on sites that taking by fluid makes easy absorb anyways now I took by fluid..

Question: How is you face condition I mean oily or normal dry? Or maybe before was oily now no?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users