Photo

B5 & Accutane - My Theory - Inhibit Biotin = Less Acne

vitamin vitamins pantothenic pantothenic acid biotin green tea oily skin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
68 replies to this topic

#61 ƴouɳǥƒrésh&ƒŁƴ

ƴouɳǥƒrésh&ƒŁƴ

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:30 PM

I am desperate to reduce my oily skin as fast as I can because I start work next week so I am going to try eating nothing but egg whites for five days like 12 a day and will stop taking my B-Complex along with 12 g of b5 to see what will happen. Hope I'm not doing anything toooo crazy.

Edited by ƴouɳǥƒrésh&ƒŁƴ, 24 February 2010 - 09:31 PM.

#62 wibble

wibble

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2010 - 03:09 AM

QUOTE (ƴouɳǥƒrésh&ƒŁƴ @ Feb 25 2010, 03:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am desperate to reduce my oily skin as fast as I can because I start work next week so I am going to try eating nothing but egg whites for five days like 12 a day and will stop taking my B-Complex along with 12 g of b5 to see what will happen. Hope I'm not doing anything toooo crazy.

I was actually wondering if egg-whites locally may help as well. There's a lot of good reports on egg-white (as a mask), but not sure if there's any for oily skin as such. It may make sense if it did help though. I do think egg-whites will reduce the oil, its just the crazy quantities needed which is the issue.

#63 ƴouɳǥƒrésh&ƒŁƴ

ƴouɳǥƒrésh&ƒŁƴ

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE (wibble @ Feb 25 2010, 04:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ƴouɳǥƒrésh&ƒŁƴ @ Feb 25 2010, 03:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was actually wondering if egg-whites locally may help as well. There's a lot of good reports on egg-white (as a mask), but not sure if there's any for oily skin as such. It may make sense if it did help though. I do think egg-whites will reduce the oil, its just the crazy quantities needed which is the issue.

Yea I think it will be more effective internally for the most part. Well I'm going to try out 18 egg whites a day for five days, I would try more but I ran out of eggs. If I can make my way down to the grocery store some time soon, maybe I will try out 24 egg whites a day. And maybe that will be some where near that crazy quantity since we really have no number to go off on.

#64 ƴouɳǥƒrésh&ƒŁƴ

ƴouɳǥƒrésh&ƒŁƴ

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2010 - 06:42 PM

Day 2 on egg white diet doubt.gif
man I could sure go for a Friday night pizza right about now! idea.gif neutral.gif

#65 ƴouɳǥƒrésh&ƒŁƴ

ƴouɳǥƒrésh&ƒŁƴ

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2010 - 02:06 PM

I made through yesterday just fine after feeling exhausted and fatigued all day. until I woke in the middle of the night feeling nauseous. I knew it had to do with the lack of carbohydrates, so in prevention of the nausea I ate a whole tortilla until my stomach settled down. So much for that....
No more egg whites for me!

#66 wishfulthinkin

wishfulthinkin

laceygirl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:17 PM

Just found this thread really interesting.

This is what has worked for my acne:

1) Accutane (100% clear while on it)
2) Pregnancy(100%clear 9 months)

I have always based my personal quest to cure my acne on finding a strong relation b/w these two things. And just sort of assumed my acne was hormonal. Accutane is supposed to help block DHT production and pregnancy causes a surge in female hormones which also blocks DHT (simplified version). But when I take birth control (tricks your body into thinking its pregnant) it does pretty much nothing for my acne (except make it worse). So it really wasn't adding up.

So how does this relate to this post?

Well I think I may have found the connection I've been looking for.

Accutane interferes with Biotin absorption and biotin deficiency is apparently common in pregnant women (based on some preliminary research). Could this be the missing link?

Maybe there is some truth to this theory.

As soon as I'm done with my low dose Accutane course I am going to try this and report back my results.

How much should I take a day to see results?

Thanks eusa_dance.gif

*** I just read that Pantothenic acid is used in the synthesis of coenzyme A (CoA) and the CoA regulates both hormones and fatty-acids, and without sufficient quantities of pantothenic acid, CoA will preferentially produce androgens***

So maybe it is all to do with hormones...wow...this is so overwhelming eusa_wall.gif

Edited by laceygirl, 02 July 2010 - 04:43 PM.

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]

#67 sverd

sverd

anonymous

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2011 - 12:40 AM

I believe this theory is completely accurate. I've taken biotin a few times, and each time it caused me to break out badly. The acne disappeared about a week after the last biotin pill. Another link between B5 and biotin is the hair issue. Biotin is very necessary for your hair, and many people attest to that it makes their hair grow quicker and thicker and prevents hair loss. If B5 improves acne by inhibiting biotin, it makes sense that hair loss would be a potential side effect as many claim.

Accutane also inhibits biotin, which may be the cause for why so many people (including myself) experienced hair loss during and after the course. I don't think that these links are mere coincidence.

Edited by sverd, 16 May 2011 - 12:43 AM.

#68 pam_B

pam_B

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:06 AM

To all you vitamin b5 users out there be very careful and dont over do it i was taking them for roughly 2 years starting at a lower dosage before upping it to 10grams a day for one whole year (crazy i know) and yes i do really regret it because now ive been diagnosed with coeliac disease sad.gif and i know 100% this is what caused it

I come from a very healthy family with no history of coeliac disease so i havent inherited it

I was suffering for 2 years with stomach problems,hair loss,dry skin,constipation,diarrea,fatigue etc without knowing what was wrong i made several trips to the doctors but they couldnt find anything wrong apart from low vit d levels so i had to go on suffering until i came across coeliac disease on the internet and started to make all the connections so i went back to the doctors told them what i thought was wrong and it turns out i have coeliac disease and im also allergic to wheat

Since removing gluten and wheat from my diet ive bin seeing some gradual changes in my hair and skin in a good healthy way

I just wish i had a mature head on my shoulders back then and wouldnt of bin so stupid in taking all them tablets because now i have to live with this forever theres no cure sad.gif

I wish i knew how b5 has caused this could it have changed the way my digestive system works or has it took something out of my body that i needed to break down food i dont know but wish i did

Goodluck to all the rest of you i just hope you dont have to go through what i do and IF you do start to get any of the symptoms i mentioned then get it checked out you could have coeliac disease aswel

#69 sverd

sverd

anonymous

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:17 PM

There is definitely a link between biotin and oily skin, because everytime I start taking biotin I get cysts on my neck. I've tested this enough times to be 100% sure of the connection between biotin and acne. Just google biotin and acne and you'll see that I'm not the only one.

edit: I just remembered that after my first course of accutane I was clear until I started taking biotin, I then broke out on my cheeks.

Another interesting bit:
"If you are Biotin deficient then this can lead to hair loss."
http://www.causeofha...air-growth.html

I and others have lost hair while taking and after accutane.

Edited by sverd, 17 August 2011 - 02:06 PM.